• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin VIP Annual Pass

Personally, I'd be worried about my lanyard getting caught in something and throttling me to within an inch of my life. Or just generally being in the way. Also wouldn't want to lose any expensive pins.
I have locking pins, super useful as the original pin backs got caught in my hair and popped off a few times they do not come off accidently.

I take my lanyards off on coasters and other rides that may be problematic with them on (such as the awesome samurai at thorpe).

They are also safety clips on, just a sharp tug will cause the clip to pop loose.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

staff are trained to be non confrontational so sometimes unfortunately relent to pressure which is an entire new issue itself.
The staff should be traing to smack these fools upside the head. And rip off any lanyards they see, citing the (debatably real) H&S risk of hanging the idiots if they get caught on something.

An interesting read, particularly this part:

"Yesterday was a total farce. The general queue lengths were long enough, but the Fastrack was even worse. For a paid extra, the length of the queues was obnoxious at best. It seemed that Fastrack had been sold in the masses, and it was taking a huge hit as a result. With slow moving queues, it didn’t seem very “fast”. In many cases, neither the general or Fastrack queues seemed to move very far, which didn’t do anything to put anyone in a good mood."

I've often thought that there will come a day in theme parks when so many people buy a Fastpass that none of them are really gaining anything, in fact in theory they are losing more than they're gaining, in that they've paid extra money for said pass but aren't necessarily getting on the ride any faster. All the while, regular paid guests are stuck in queues that aren't moving very quickly because Fastpassers are getting on.

Is there a limit on how many Fastpasses a park can sell in a day? Surely if not then there should be, and if so then it shouldn't be a ridiculously high number of them.

The staff should be traing to smack these fools upside the head. And rip off any lanyards they see, citing the (debatably real) H&S risk of hanging the idiots if they get caught on something.
You would have to get the top of the lanyard caught to be a problem.

An interesting read, particularly this part:

"Yesterday was a total farce. The general queue lengths were long enough, but the Fastrack was even worse. For a paid extra, the length of the queues was obnoxious at best. It seemed that Fastrack had been sold in the masses, and it was taking a huge hit as a result. With slow moving queues, it didn’t seem very “fast”. In many cases, neither the general or Fastrack queues seemed to move very far, which didn’t do anything to put anyone in a good mood."

I've often thought that there will come a day in theme parks when so many people buy a Fastpass that none of them are really gaining anything, in fact in theory they are losing more than they're gaining, in that they've paid extra money for said pass but aren't necessarily getting on the ride any faster. All the while, regular paid guests are stuck in queues that aren't moving very quickly because Fastpassers are getting on.

Is there a limit on how many Fastpasses a park can sell in a day? Surely if not then there should be, and if so then it shouldn't be a ridiculously high number of them.
There are limits as they have ran out a few times, last year scarefest they ran out of all fastrack products(as well as mazes) this year they have ran out of platinum fastrack(similar to VIP ft) a few times.

I wonder how they cope for those 4 minutes when they can't show off to everyone else that they're a VIP? ;)
We still can even without lanyards.
760b8ca611e30577890af05f017a9a7e.jpg

I did find it a little funny that the guy was essentially moaning that his queue-jumping tool of choice got out-queue-jumped and so he didn't like it. But I agree with most of what the guy said.

It does highlight the dire state of financial hierarchy that Merlin have imposed. I mean, how ridiculous is it that you can actively pay, ON TOP OF the entry price to the park, for the ability to bypass the queues and STILL yourself be bypassed in the queue by other people who have paid more... :disappointed:

The thing is several current VIPs aren't renewing and a few have even let passes expire!
Is there a consensus as to why?

I think the key drawback with the product is its key benefit - the fast track. If you drop that sort of money on a pass you must feel obliged to use it which must end up taking the shine off the visits at some point.

For all the complaints about queues, I think they do help you prevent burnout. Going to a park in the chain every weekend would be my kind of hell, fast track or no fast track.

They asked nicely and ride hosts throght it would be ok, I dont see how the blame lyes with VIPs.

I'm not blaming the VIP's in this particular instance (however my thoughts of them based upon that guy's report are probably decipherable), the fault is with the park operations who seem to have been told to bend to every beck and call for those with the VIP pass; even when this clearly goes against the rules as stated in the pass's own terms and conditions.