• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Merlin VIP Annual Pass

really you have to prove you are vip to be in the group?
For the merlin VIP annual pass 2018 and un-official merlin VIP banter groups we do.
All we do is pm a admin a photo of the photo side of our pass.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Right, to clear things up I have removed the posts that are not constructive. I do not think discussion here about why individuals are or are not in various Facebook groups is constructive.

Feel free to PM me if there are any further issues with this.

:)

Right, to clear things up I have removed the posts that are not constructive. I do not think discussion here about why individuals are or are not in various Facebook groups is constructive.

Feel free to PM me if there are any further issues with this.

:)
We good now you clarified what was not on topic :)

On topic, Tuesday is the last day merlin will do wickerman restrictions for VIP.

I’ve never had the time written on, nor has anybody else.
It was mentioned in one of the VIP groups that a VIP had their card written on once but not the rest of the day.
I have been a few times and the only time I got given the card was when Wickerman was shut all day!

I never used to mind the VIP crowd, until a family of five used fast track on Frog Hopper when the only people in the queue were me and my 6-year old son. We had to wait there while they all bounced up and down saying things like "How simply delightful mummy" and "I do declare this the bounciest ride of the season"

Ridiculous. And they all have the same backpack and knee high woolly socks. Does me head in

I never used to mind the VIP crowd, until a family of five used fast track on Frog Hopper when the only people in the queue were me and my 6-year old son. We had to wait there while they all bounced up and down saying things like "How simply delightful mummy" and "I do declare this the bounciest ride of the season"

Ridiculous. And they all have the same backpack and knee high woolly socks. Does me head in
We aren't all bad! Its unfortunately a few that do stuff like that.

I really don’t think it should be allowed on the rides in CBeebies land and the like of the frog hopper. It makes the octonauts unbearable at times. It’s kinda hard to explain to a 4 year old why all these people get to push in. Adult rides fair enough, it just grates in me in the kids areas

I really don’t think it should be allowed on the rides in CBeebies land and the like of the frog hopper. It makes the octonauts unbearable at times. It’s kinda hard to explain to a 4 year old why all these people get to push in. Adult rides fair enough, it just grates in me in the kids areas
To be honest with rap your still going to have to explain it.

Explaining to a child that a person cannot queue is likely going to make them more understanding than telling them that someone just spent more money than them...

Park operations don't seem to have been brilliant if this tweet is anything to go by:

It's not, it's someone who clearly has a grudge, I suspect they know that ride hosts arranged stuff for VIP groups in special ways and that the person at the exit would have been told to use it.

Bump, I guess?

Following on from the debate in the General Discussion thread, in my opinion, either scrap the VIP pass, or increase the price to £1000/£1500+ and then rename it to something else, such as "Platinum" or "Premium Plus". That way, it reduces the amount of self-aggrandised bigots (I'm aware it's not everyone, but it seems to be most) as they don't have the VIP label, and the significant price increase reduces the amount of people buying into them. Merlin will still make a similar amount of money (if not more) and the number of Fastracks will go down, in turn reducing the queue time for the standby/main queues.

The only thing I’m saying on this subject is the person did not break the rules by using the exit/ rap entrance. The ride ops were the ones in the wrong for allowing it. I’d blame anyone. Blame towers and their ops training not following the rules.

What a ridiculous way to look at it.

It's the VIP members that signed up for the pass. It's the VIP members that agreed to the T&C's including the ones that were featured in that article. If they chose to ignore them then they have broken the rules.

The ride staff chose to allow it yes and that is an additional problem but the VIP member chose to break the rules initially. Some of those VIP's are forceful and staff are trained to be non confrontational so sometimes unfortunately relent to pressure which is an entire new issue itself.

I don't really have any strong feelings about the VIP pass, other than as a shareholder, I think that it is under-priced. I've never had a problem with VIP people, but I am sure that it does exist in different forms at different levels at different times at different parks.

The criticism seems to be fairly widespread in that some of it is levelled at the passholders themselves and other criticism is pointed straight at Merlin. I don't think the existence of the pass in its current form has to create unpleasantness and outrage, that's down to those using it and their attitude, plus to an extent, the way Merlin manage people using it - but I think less so.

I get why people think the calls for the name change would help, but I'm not so sure - particularly now it's been christened the VIP pass and whatever you call it, it will always be the 'top' option with a bunch of benefits associated with it. Not only that, the relatively small number of people that have one will mean there will always be a certain 'specialness' associated with it and I think the audience would largely be the same.

I'm all for a price increase to four figures, but if the waiting list is actually a thing, I don't think the volume sold will dip.