• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Neknomination Game

There's a dirty pint and then there's a dirty pint. Call me a hypocrite, but at university, I did my fair share of beer/cider/alcopop combos, but never were they mixtures of every spirit thinkable with some disgusting food thrown in. There's a difference.

willb said:
James said:
This game doesn't bother me. If you nearly die from it then it's your own fault. Most of us have an idea of what our limits are. If you're told to mix 10 different spirits and you do it then more fool you.

What an incredibly naive way of thinking. Are you suggesting that certain people can't fall victim to peer pressure.

And do you really believe that because someone has a lapse in judgement or maybe doesn't quite have the aptitude to realise the result of their actions, that person deserves to almost die.

This is an exceptionally simplistic view of the world.

I'm not sure its naive. Using the old favorite as an example, if your friends told you to jump off a cliff, would you? Similar situation really. As James said, it IS your fault. If people are unaware that drinking a pint of 10 differnt spirits will poison you ( and possibly kill you ) then they obviously didn't attend school, don't have a responsible parent/carer, don't watch TV, and literally have no chance in life. So yeah, its coming sooner or later.

Danza91 said:
There's a dirty pint and then there's a dirty pint. Call me a hypocrite, but at university, I did my fair share of beer/cider/alcopop combos, but never were they mixtures of every spirit thinkable with some disgusting food thrown in. There's a difference.

Haha completely. Most of my family come from a Rugby background, so you can imagine what I was put through, but still, there is a line to draw if you have any value of your health.

It's all to easy for the many well educated individuals to look at these people drinking god knows what a saying "bloody idiots, it's their own fault"

It's too easy to be narrow-minded and not realise that they might not know the consequences of their actions!

So let's go back to "if someone told you to jump off a cliff" argument. If the person wasn't educated in the results of this action, how do they know any better.

It annoys me so much when people don't recognise when society has let someone down and it's a lack of education which causes these problems.

"It's their own fault if they die by doing...."

IF THEY KNEW THAT, WOULD THEY HAVE DONE IT!

Speaking as someone who did a neknomination, It's harmless, just throw together some alcohol with some non alcohol and then whatever else you have, then down it, nominate others and then just recover.

I have friends that drink lots, but I don't think that they would do or peer pressure others into doing a top row pint. Only idiotic friends would do that to someone and I would question whether they are actually friends...

willb said:
It's all to easy for the many well educated individuals to look at these people drinking god knows what a saying "bloody idiots, it's their own fault"

It's too easy to be narrow-minded and not realise that they might not know the consequences of their actions!

So let's go back to "if someone told you to jump off a cliff" argument. If the person wasn't educated in the results of this action, how do they know any better.

It annoys me so much when people don't recognise when society has let someone down and it's a lack of education which causes these problems.

"It's their own fault if they die by doing...."

IF THEY KNEW THAT, WOULD THEY HAVE DONE IT!

Back to the original point, this is people posting videos online. Whilst online, they could quite easily use this amazing site, called Google. "What happens when I drink 22 units of alcohol in one go." or if they don't know how many units a pint of Spirit is, then they could Google that too. "what happens if i drink a pint of vodka."

Its nothing to do with being educated, its COMMON SENSE.

On a side note, most of the 'Neknomination' videos I have seen are by perfectly normal, educated individuals drinking perfectly harmless drinks, even if still completely disgusting. HAVING FUN.

Lastly, if people dont know that drinking bleach (or the likes) can kill them, I wouldn't call them uneducated, I would call them mentally incapable.

Again you're assuming that everyone has the same level of common sense as you.

I'm not saying it isn't fun... Just critisizing those of whom think its serves people right when they die due to their activities.

If you're referring to my post I never said people who do these things deserve to die. However it is their own fault at the end of the day. I've had friends end up in hospital due to excessive drinking and two uncles die of alcohol abuse, I've been there for friends and family although I still hold the view that they had full control. If you play with fire you get burned.

Awful, cingey LAD craze. Drinking games have no appeal at all.

But all this "Oh but it's dangerous" stuff is nonsense.

there is a new element that is coming into this game now, where and how you down it.

I have seen 3 people running cross a Major trunk road to get to a roundabout on outskirts of my home town. then do this game within inches of 44 ton wagons going past.

then there the female riding a horse into a tesco to do the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd16LDeE00Q#

I think it's a bit of fun... really got no problem with it.

Like students are always gonna be downing ridiculous things regardless of whether or not it's being filmed and lots of people are being creative in fun ways.

Idk I think it's cute :)

Wait wait wait...

As the licencee of this forum, I need to put some objective focus on this.

Drinking games?.. Fun!
Drinking?.. Fun!

Facebook and Drinking... Dangerous!
Facebook and Drinking Games... NO.

STOP IT. STOP IT NOW. GO AWAY.

Its so immensely distasteful, degenerate and droll - if you want a drink with your mates, then get down the pub and do it. Don't do a 'hilarious' video purely to be filmed for social media* to then be all impressive and pass it on to your mates.
I swear if anyone nominates me, they will nominate to never be spoken to again.

* also is this like selfies where people take several photos practice and pose for the best? 'Oh no, I don't think I looked great downing that drink, can we refilm it?' How pretentious.

Yeah. This is awful.

my step son did this game today. I set some ground rules.

1. he must be sober when they start the filming.
2. he must think of the dangers of stunt and work out ways to cut the risk.

my step son was doing a clean pint with a run and prat fall slide in a wet muddy field. when i asked how he was going to cut the risks, he said "you" chuck my First aid kit and 3 big towels at me. I fell for that one.

when we got to his mates field he checked the ground along is route for stuff that could injure him. and when for it, in his girlfriends pink leggings. then shot into the boot of the warm car to get dry and warm.

God it was funny to watch. he can't half do a good prat fall.