• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Nintendo Topic

Eddie said:
Georgiaa said:
I am yet to play Galaxy, so can't really compare them against other games. Would it be worth trying to it hunt down and play some time?:)

Yes Georgia it would! I'd say that the first Super Mario Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game. Not played the 2nd one but It looks just as good! =) Remember, this is coming from a Sonic fan =P

Oh my gawsh, get it now. It's enchanting music, amazing hub and overall fun gameplay with a dash of nostalgia. You should get it now, I've just thrown my copy towards Doncaster right now.

EuroSatch said:
Lazy story? Mario games aren't about stories, they're about completing puzzles in new environments. Galaxy 2 was a perfect continuation of the first and explored new ways to control the "galaxy" environment. It never needed to be anything more

Although I agree with that, two NSMB games in a year is a big wake up call that the sidescrollers and the tired story needs change.

*Bumps*

Nintendo have annouced that a new model of the Wii will come out on the 22nd of March

wii%20mini%20black%20high-580-100.jpg

It loos pretty cool, but some of the features such as the Wi-Fi have been removed.

...and more importantly.

GAMECUBE SUPPORT.

It's pointless since you can get a normal Wii for 80 quid anyway. It should be about 50 quid if that. Disney Infinity's official trailer was better news today.

Stelios said:
...and more importantly.

GAMECUBE SUPPORT.

It's pointless since you can get a normal Wii for 80 quid anyway. It should be about 50 quid if that. Disney Infinity's official trailer was better news today.

Gamecube support has been removed for a while, or since 2011 at least.

Wii Mini makes no sense to me...

FOCUS ON YOUR NEW CONSOLE NINTENDO!

As an aside, I am to finish Ocarina of Time 3D sooner rather than later...

Sounds good - Link To The Past is one of the best Zelda games, so I'm glad they are making a new one inspired by it.

Although, it must be said that the Wii U is now being significantly overlooked by everyone, including Nintendo. The only real announcement we've had this year is that there will be a remake of Wind Waker. The new Super Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and Zelda 'teases' have been just that - Nintendo saying they are working on new games, with no trailers or names or screenshots or ANYTHING. It's getting tiring. We just hear "hey guys, we're making this game you'll really want to play, but we won't be ready to even tell you it's name for at least another two years, after which you'll have to wait another year before its out by which point even we'll forget we've released it, then wonder why nobody's buying it".

With third parties having all but given up on the Wii U when it's not even out of the launch window, Nintendo really need to pull their fingers out and start releasing more damn games. I might not be able to afford any at the moment but I at least want something to look forward to. The PS4 has only just been announced yet potential owners already know a decent amount of the games coming out, with more to be announced at E3. Other than abstract ideas of new games released every generation, we know nothing of what to expect this Christmas. As good as Wind Waker was, it's gonna take more than a HD remake to sell the Wii U, and if Nintendo don't shape up soon then they quite frankly deserve to go software only. Maybe having direct competition with companies that actually make games will make them appreciate their customers a little bit more.