• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Queen dies, aged 96. The future of the monarchy

83366a0dc98d1ea47b2757da8e358278.jpg
Sorry what? Closing the resort? Is that necessary?

Sorry what? Closing the resort? Is that necessary?

It’s in Windsor, just two and half miles from Windsor Castle. Maybe they’ve been given some advice that area is going to have an unprecedented amount of visitors (or perhaps you might even call them mourners) travelling in to it tomorrow or it could even be they have some kind of long standing arrangement with the castle or council that they would do this when the time came as a mark of respect.

Not really sure, the post on their socials says it’s “a mark of respect”. I can sort of understand LLW closing as it’s close to Windsor Castle but Dudley is miles away.
I think Dudley Castle & Zoo are just using it as an excuse to close as no-one will go there anyway now the kids are back at school. I live a couple of miles away. I can totally understand Legoland Windsor closing. Gonna be a lot of people jumping on bandwagons and trying to out-virtue-signal each other now. Nature of the beast in our modern society.

20220908_200947~2.jpg

Up on the big screens in Bognor at the mo, I'm taking my holidays at the same place as Madge used to don't cha know. Can just imagine her queueing up for a fried slice, beans and a sausage in the morning.

I've had a look and the only other thing the BBC are offering currently is Cbeebies Radio. (And UKTV which BBC Studios owns but is commercial).

Was supposed to be watching programmes on BBC1 and 2 at 8pm and 9pm tonight, but all regular BBC programming has been cancelled til tomorrow. :disappointed:

Time to make use of iPlayer’s catalogue and catch up on something, I think that the live channels will be dedicating their coverage to this for some time to come and also for large parts of the next few days.

Last edited:
According to 'Operation London Bridge' if the funeral falls on a normal working day then an extra bank holiday will be granted. So it all depends when a funeral is held. The details are all on the 'Politico' website. The plans for after her death have been in place for many years.

It's Operation Unicorn, since she died while in Scotland. Similar applies but there is a longer mourning period to allow her to lie in state in Edinburgh for a short period before arriving in Windsor.

Wonder what will happen with our currency now?
All null and void. Same with any post - you've got to find a postbox with the CR insignia or your post will never be collected.

It's Operation Unicorn, since she died while in Scotland. Similar applies but there is a longer mourning period to allow her to lie in state in Edinburgh for a short period before arriving in Windsor.

All null and void. Same with any post - you've got to find a postbox with the CR insignia or your post will never be collected.
The Royal Mint has since clarified that all notes remain legal tender for now. Decisions will be made after the 10-day mourning period ends.

I've just moved a couple of tongue-in-cheek posts to a new thread created in the Tavern. If we could keep this thread as serious and respectful as possible, that'd be grand.

Thanks. :)
That's fair, apologies. Wasn't meant to be rude. 🙂

(edit: never mind, mine was in a different thread anyway)