• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Queen dies, aged 96. The future of the monarchy

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II is currently under medical supervision at Balmoral.

Not many people alive who remember her father and so an interesting time for our country.

It would be quite surreal if she finally died… even my grandparents weren’t alive when she became Queen.

Hopefully she recovers. Whatever it is must be serious, though… the BBC have cleared its schedule until at least 6pm, and all her children are either in Balmoral or travelling there, for what it’s worth…

I’ve got BBC News on in the background, and they’re talking really quite morbidly… they almost seem to be reflecting upon her life, if you like.

It would be quite surreal if she finally died… even my grandparents weren’t alive when she became Queen.

Hopefully she recovers. Whatever it is must be serious, though… the BBC have cleared its schedule until at least 6pm, and all her children are either in Balmoral or travelling there, for what it’s worth…

I’ve got BBC News on in the background, and they’re talking really quite morbidly… they almost seem to be reflecting upon her life, if you like.

Have you noticed that the sign language guy on screen is dressed in a black suit, black shirt, and black tie? Pretty ominous isn’t it.

Have you noticed that the sign language guy on screen is dressed in a black suit, black shirt, and black tie? Pretty ominous isn’t it.
I think I saw someone on Twitter say that's a fairly normal practice for those doing sign language on TV anyway.

Quite surreal???
Everyone dies in the end, she is well into her nineties.
BBC love this kind of thing, and not the first time they have done this.
Nothing worse than watching Nicholas Witchell grovel and witter.

Already getting sick of all of the people saying how much of a 'hard worker' she was for the British people etc etc. She used to cut ribbons and chat to people, and that's when she wasn't spending a quarter or more of every year on holiday at Balmoral or Sandringham. Fair enough if people like her and will feel sad when she passes, but let's not start making stuff up. That would be great.

It's quite likely the BBC know more but have been asked not to share. This is more common than many may think.

They could just all be in black as not to be caught with their pants down if and when an announcement is made.

Already getting sick of all of the people saying how much of a 'hard worker' she was for the British people etc etc. She used to cut ribbons and chat to people, and that's when she wasn't spending a quarter or more of every year on holiday at Balmoral or Sandringham. Fair enough if people like her and will feel sad when she passes, but let's not start making stuff up. That would be great.
I literally was saying this to someone not too long ago. The situation is sad, however I am not personally. Whether that makes me sound like an awful person, then whatever really. The BBC are going way over the top with some of the things I’m listening to.

It’s almost as if they are waiting for all members of the royal family to get to balmoral before making an announcement

According to 'Operation London Bridge' if the funeral falls on a normal working day then an extra bank holiday will be granted. So it all depends when a funeral is held. The details are all on the 'Politico' website. The plans for after her death have been in place for many years.

According to 'Operation London Bridge' if the funeral falls on a normal working day then an extra bank holiday will be granted. So it all depends when a funeral is held. The details are all on the 'Politico' website. The plans for after her death have been in place for many years.

Wikipedia on the same topic says it's a day of mourning but not a BH... Seems to depend where you look.

Watching the coverage on the BBC I can’t help but feel she has already passed and they are awaiting to announce it.

I’m not a royalist but I respect the Queen and the work she has done throughout her time on the throne.

Reading the London Bridge stuff it does sound from the protocol like she's already passed and this is just the protocol.
Operation London Bridge has been in place for years, ready for when the time comes. News outlets are just reminding the public of it.

What would they be waiting for, though? Surely if she’d already died, then they’d have just announced her death without getting all the royals to gather in Balmoral first? What exactly would be gained from waiting?

I’m aware of the London Bridge protocols and such, but surely that wouldn’t include all the gathering of the royals and the dramatic reporting prior to the announcement, would it?

The BBC are being very morbid in their reporting, though (lots of talk of “grave concern” and “a new era for our country” and such), and the fact that Buckingham Palace have even released a statement must mean that the situation is quite grave; as the news reports say, the palace usually hold their cards very close to their chest regarding the Queen’s health.

I do wonder whether the BBC would even be reporting on this so heavily if they hadn’t received word of her at very least “knocking on death’s door”, for lack of a better phrase, as this does seem like very dramatic coverage for a simpler health problem. Even my Nan, who’s a pretty staunch royalist, rang me earlier to tell me about it by saying “They’ve bloody well cancelled Bargain Hunt!” rather than expressing any major sorrow or concern for the Queen…

Don't forget she's 96 . Most women of that age would have fully retired 36 years ago.

I'm not a massive fan of Charlie . Would prefer it going straight to William but clearly that isn't going to happen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What would they be waiting for, though? Surely if she’d already died, then they’d have just announced her death without getting all the royals to gather in Balmoral first? What exactly would be gained from waiting?
To give the family time to say goodbye and mourn. She is a human being after all, and wouldn’t you want to say goodbye to a loved one before everyone knows about their death?