• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The resort

djtruefitt said:
Yes I belive they had it last year, I dont know why they dont just put a proper carpet there all year round really. Would save them time and money each year.

The wooden decking fits in much more than a carpet. Also I don't think the humidity and high temperatures would do it any good.

Also it's nice to see the elevators in Splash Landings have finally been re-painted. They were very scratched and damaged so its good to see they have recieved some much needed TLC! ;D

siralgenon said:
djtruefitt said:
Yes I belive they had it last year, I dont know why they dont just put a proper carpet there all year round really. Would save them time and money each year.

The wooden decking fits in much more than a carpet. Also I don't think the humidity and high temperatures would do it any good.

Also it's nice to see the elevators in Splash Landings have finally been re-painted. They were very scratched and damaged so its good to see they have recieved some much needed TLC! ;D

I hope they did a proper job with the lifts and not a god awful Cloud Cuckoo Land repaint like they did with the rest of the hotel.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
siralgenon said:
djtruefitt said:

I hope they did a proper job with the lifts and not a god awful Cloud Cuckoo Land repaint like they did with the rest of the hotel.

I have only seen then the exterior of them which were painted the same colour as before, so im not sure what they look like inside :)

The carpet gets wet from the steam. That's why it's only temporary.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

CoasterCrazyChris said:
siralgenon said:
djtruefitt said:

Some bits of the hotel may well have been painted in rather bright colours but earlier in the season they were re-painting the banisters of the staircase leading down from the reception area to Flambos, and they did a very good and detailed job. I was quite surprised to see the detail they went into when doing it, and the end result was brilliant!

:)

djtruefitt said:
A new carpet has been added this week to the walkway between the two hotels in the water park:

i.php

Looks rather tempting to walk down that part pretending you're a celebrity on the red carpet for a film premiere (or something like that). ;)

Here is a photo of the newly painted lift doors:
Friday14thDecember2012027_zps1bc245cf.jpg

Im not sure what they looked like before, but all the other floors look like this, and haven't been painted yet:
Friday14thDecember2012028_zps9727c096.jpg

Finally I noticed today that the big fountain in the middle of the water park was turned on and working, I myself haven't seen this turned on in a long long time, but someone who goes to the waterpark more than me might be able to say more?
Friday14thDecember2012024_zpsf6c8c0ba.jpg

As you can see the waterpark was very busy this afternoon :p

The fountain only gets turned on when the water park is dead... as when it's off it allows them a little more calm pool space.

Bit pointless having such an imposing feature like that if it gets turned off during peak times then isn't it? :p

I'm not sure about the new paint job on the lifts. Compared to the old paint scheme the new one looks a bit too striking. But on the whole it's nice they've put some form of detail on there. At least it wasn't painted a plain colour.

Looks like the lift repaint is similar to the other work they've done recently. Whilst they've maintained a similar feel, it looks like there is a little less time/artistry involved in the work.

I'm still devastated they repainted the waterpark in the solid garish colours as opposed to the faded colours and wood effects, which obviously take more time and effort, but ultimately provide a richer visual. The current colour scheme just feels cheaper.

djtruefitt said:
Here is a photo of the newly painted lift doors:
Friday14thDecember2012027_zps1bc245cf.jpg

Im not sure what they looked like before, but all the other floors look like this, and haven't been painted yet:
Friday14thDecember2012028_zps9727c096.jpg

Finally I noticed today that the big fountain in the middle of the water park was turned on and working, I myself haven't seen this turned on in a long long time, but someone who goes to the waterpark more than me might be able to say more?
Friday14thDecember2012024_zpsf6c8c0ba.jpg

As you can see the waterpark was very busy this afternoon :p

The elevator doors have different patterns on different floors, so I wouldn't worry that they have less art work because it will be different. The photos above are from different floors so don't think it will be green on every one.

Have the insides seen any work?

The water fountain in the Waterpark has always been working, but has been turned off when the floats are in the pool, as it is not safe to be in operation when little children are underneath :)

I have to say I have only been in the lifts a few times in the past so couldnt really tell if they had been painted, they did look very clean however, the mirror in the roof had certainly been cleaned.