• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Sinking Ship: (Un)Love Letters to Merlin

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Based on posts by a passholder as well as someone from BBC radio stoke in the MAP group on Facebook there is going to be a prerecorded segment on bbc radio derby 17:05ish, and around 7:50 tommrow there is likely to be a segment about towers on bbc radio stoke.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t actually be opposed to a mass petition or protest to get these slimy characters into gear. They forget that what is their business is also something the public holds dear. And treating customers with blatant disrespect is abhorrent.
If they don't want the likes of DM getting involved they need to sort it out whilst it's still at the (multiple) local radio stage, because it would sure be a lot worse if DM did get involved.

I wouldn’t actually be opposed to a mass petition or protest to get these slimy characters into gear. They forget that what is their business is also something the public holds dear. And treating customers with blatant disrespect is abhorrent.

Waste of time. Alton Towers isn't a public resource or a charity misspending funds. It's a private business. I totally agree, there's a deeper level to the public's regard for Alton Towers, and the way Merlin are devolving and defunding the park is somewhat heartbreaking. But I'm afraid that in this case, you simply need to exercise your right as a consumer to bite the bullet and resist visiting.

Is it me or has the recent staggered ride announcement has cause their share prices to plummet?

CJ6fQDO.png

https://www.merlinentertainments.biz/share-price-information

Waste of time. Alton Towers isn't a public resource or a charity misspending funds. It's a private business. I totally agree, there's a deeper level to the public's regard for Alton Towers, and the way Merlin are devolving and defunding the park is somewhat heartbreaking. But I'm afraid that in this case, you simply need to exercise your right as a consumer to bite the bullet and resist visiting.
But wasn't it a petition that got rid of Oblivion's Fanta sponsorship in 2011?

This is a almost perfect storm for DM. Park half closed, customers paying high prices, there loyal MAP customers upset, stock price dropping.
I can see the headline now
"The end of dangerous theme park operator is in sign"

With sub headlines of.

"Major cuts across theme parks by cash strapped merlin"

"Merlin's stock price drop sharply"

"£52 to ride the fire covered wooden coaster"

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Well guys this is the end of the line for my family and maps. I live about 5 hours drive from AT and visit at least 3 times a year. Every visit I normally spend between 2-300 pounds. This information for me just shows me that a trip to AT now is completly stupid. It's not worth the effort. I could DRIVE to Disney land Paris and have more time on rides at the park then I could at AT. With more and more cuts now spreading to other parks that are closer to me having a map no longer seems to make sense. The change in standard maps would mean I either buy my wife and 3 children upgrades to pmap's this year or face the fact that they are going to miss out on most of the days we would normally attend. So to sum up Merlin have not only lost the £900 plus I would have spent at towers this year (problerly) there also losing 1 pmap 4 standard maps plus all the money I spend in parks every visit ( we always buy food in any park we visit plus toys and sweets for the kids). Not a lot in terms of a multi million pound company but I wonder how many others with the same spending habits as my family are thinking the same.

Oh and a side note to the people on Facebook who keep saying things like" you can use them at other places" we all have our reasons for buying things! Yes I could use the passes we have at other attractions but I dont. I use them at certain parks at certain times of the year. Removing days opening times or adding costs to day just makes it financially unsuitable for the needs of my family. Others might not be as affected as much but I for one would not be able to enjoy the passes for the reason they would be bought for and lets be honest there's only so many times you can visit a sea life centre! Even a large one like the one in London takes only a hour or so......not really a fun filled family day

If anyone can prove that there are more than 100 people in the whole UK who buy a MAP specifically for the midways and not the parks, I will eat the London Eye.
Family's with special needs children possibly?

Looks like they've reversed their decision with regards to the opening hours. Sensibility at last.
1994aad2276b9328b9b90b809c6a6816.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.