• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

I wonder why they aren’t utilising some of the other paths in the immediate area for an overspill queue? Rather than the nightmare mess of people crowding around the entrance when the queue is at capacity , why not form a secondary queue along the main path in front of Towers , with a team member at the front and back . Then , when the extension around the entrance is emptied , temporarily hold the foot traffic while people file through . They did something like this when the ride first opened with an extended queue down towards goal striker
Think that'd most likely be a social distancing nightmare

No reason for it to be , people had no trouble pausing foot traffic last time they did it , and it can’t be any worse than the 30 minutes of bottleneck we get now each time the queue closes
They did a similar system for Toxic Junkyard's queue at Scarefest last year, so I think it would work.

Had a ride on the Smiler (3rd row) today and it was easily the worst ride I've had on it in a few seasons. Every transition felt jolty and uncomfortable and the whole presentation of the ride has just deteriorated further. As someone who usually enjoys a ride on the thing I was quite disappointed, especially considering that the last time I rode it in October it was reasonably smooth. Who knows, perhaps I just got an iffy train.

Had a ride on the Smiler (3rd row) today and it was easily the worst ride I've had on it in a few seasons. Every transition felt jolty and uncomfortable and the whole presentation of the ride has just deteriorated further. As someone who usually enjoys a ride on the thing I was quite disappointed, especially considering that the last time I rode it in October it was reasonably smooth. Who knows, perhaps I just got an iffy train.
I always seem to get on the front so it's never too bad for me. The rides I've had on it this season haven't been the best I will admit. It's one of those rides that I get more satisfaction watching than riding nowadays, but that's not a bad thing as its a stunning ride offride. Wicker man is definitely my favourite these days, so consistently good

I'd have to agree with you I think: the smiler is fantastic to watch but it just isn't that fun to ride on any row other than the front personally. I absolutely see why some people love it, and it's a stunning design (needs a paint though) but I just find myself enjoying riding it less and less as the seasons go on which is a real shame. I'd still argue that Oblivion is the better of the two coasters in the area, it just packs such a punch and is still so smooth all these years later.

I'd still argue that Oblivion is the better of the two coasters in the area, it just packs such a punch and is still so smooth all these years later.
Find the smiler more interesting than oblivion personally. I find oblivion quite tame now days with the amount I've ridden it. Still a decent ride and always a short queue

See, I find Oblivion’s grown on me, if anything! I didn’t think an awful lot to it the first time I did it, but I’ve really grown to love it over the years; it’s definitely my favourite B&M on park now (sorry, Nemesis fans!), and my 2nd favourite coaster on park overall behind Wicker Man!

So consider me another vote for Oblivion over Smiler, personally. As much as I want to love it, I just find The Smiler a bit too rough to fully enjoy, personally.

It’s a shame that it seems to have fallen so drastically for you though @Ethan; I thought it was your favourite coaster on park? You always seemed very complimentary of it in the past, anyway!

It’s a shame that it seems to have fallen so drastically for you though @Ethan; I thought it was your favourite coaster on park? You always seemed very complimentary of it in the past, anyway!
It's still good, 2nd for me. It's not that it's got worse, it's just that I've really started to enjoy wicker man more than ever before

Love Oblivion and Wicker Man, they're my second and third, hopefully The Smiler is riding well for me on my first trip this year on May 28 and it can keep that top spot for me

Where do you rank Nemesis out of interest?
Of the big 7, interchangeably 6th or 7th with Rita - as of my last visit at Scarefest it would be 6th, just not a massive fan, I find it painful in the way others think The Smiler is.

Of the big 7, interchangeably 6th or 7th with Rita - as of my last visit at Scarefest it would be 6th, just not a massive fan, I find it painful in the way others think The Smiler is.
See thats interesting as I prefer the smiler to nemesis too, but I find Nemesis the much smoother ride. That's one thing I'll always give it credit for, I can't actually believe how smooth it is. Smiler really depends on the seat, front is good but every other row is meh

See thats interesting as I prefer the smiler to nemesis too, but I find Nemesis the much smoother ride. That's one thing I'll always give it credit for, I can't actually believe how smooth it is. Smiler really depends on the seat, front is good but every other row is meh
The first completely smooth ride I've ever had on Nemesis was last Scarefest, but I'd need it to keep riding that way to be able to move up any further I think!

The first completely smooth ride I've ever had on Nemesis was last Scarefest, but I'd need it to keep riding that way to be able to move up any further I think!
I don't find any of the towers coasters rough tbf. But the smiler and Rita are the ones that throw you around the most imo