• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Its the blackhole site. What do you expect!? It was thought to be cursed when blackhole was there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Is The Smiler really going to manage 11 hours of operation for nearly 2 weeks? I don't think so. I don't read The Smiler topic as often now, but when I do, it just seems to be problem after problem and it doesn't fill you with confidence when issues are related to the groundwork.

Hopefully they will use the closed season to finally get this ride sorted.

Smiler in the dark anyone?
1383673_552043938199388_1576769523_n.jpg

Taken last night at the staff Scarefest preview event. Its amazing how much light the marmaliser and the three other LED screens let out. There were no floodlights or any other lighting around the ride and the queue and area was still really well lite, just with the screens.

From my 2 rides last night, I thought that The Smiler felt a lot smoother than usual, even the harsh transition at the exit of the Cobra Roll didn't feel as bad as usual.

Oh and its pretty awesome at night, The Marmaliser and the rest of the queueline TV's create such a glow around the area, I don't see the need for any extra lighting.

:)

BigDave said:
How does The Flasher look or didn't you get to see that in action?

I had a look but they didn't flash whilst we were on. We didn't see them flash whilst we were in the queue either.

The flasher wasn't working all day yesterday. It seems to have had problems for weeks. On all my last few visits the first flasher worked fine, but the second one was always stuck on. Yesterday both were off. Hopefully they will be working for Scarefest.

You have to have some light Diogo, otherwise you don't get to see the near misses... Nor to you get chance to brace for that badass transition :p

In fairness, you can't judge from a photo where the LED screens are overexposed so badly that it looks like a photo of a nuclear test ;)

There is one really bad train it seems for roughness, Yesterday had 3 goes two where great one rough (it was bumpy going up the lift hill).

Sort of answer the question as to why some people come off saying its rough and others don't.

e4kenndr said:
Do the cars glow a lot or not noticeable?
From what I can see they dont actually glow but when they go above the level of the marmaliser screen the green pixels reflect green onto the cars :twirly:

Didnt see any cars glowing last night though the screen looks even more amazing in the dark. Queue was 100 minutes at 8:30pm!