• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Just thought I'd share a few pictures before I post a review at a later date.

They're not up to much but The Smiler looks hot when edited heavily:

1025593_369847246472152_770542306_o.jpg

976414_369847386472138_764430426_o.jpg

1040570_369849053138638_196951822_o.jpg

1040696_369847073138836_445215033_o.jpg

977612_369851816471695_975929257_o.jpg

Alastair said:
JB1985 said:
is the smoke working on the first drop yet?

It was working today yes, and the dispatch misters are back working perfectly as well :)

damn, rode this thing 5 times now and each time they havent been working. wont be going back until scarefest now

Hang on a cotton picking minute here, am I right in thinking the Smiler has managed a whole week without breaking down??

Seemed to be up all day today without any hitches. To give an update on the misters at dispatch - they seemed (in my opinion) a bit feeble today, but if its the only thing I can be picky about then I cant make too many complaints! Thought it is a great addition to the park, worth every penny, and worth every minute of the two and a half hours I queued for!

Only thing that I can think of is that they need to sort out the queue. I'm not entirely sure how they could extend it any further though - something for closed season!

The queue was a subject of discussion recently... In my view I think a good way to extend it would be to bring the entrance structure forwards a few metres and build an extension that runs where th temp queue currently is now.

So you would enter through the queue entrance, and they would then have an optional section to the right to use where you would go up to the top of X Sector and come back down on yourself (where the temp fencing and landscaping is now) before joining the main queue. I think that would probably be sufficient enough queue length for next season to keep it all contained within the main queue line.

Smiler broke down yesterday whilst I was waiting for it and part of the screen is not working and the bit next to is is mis-aligned.

All five trains are now on the track! Today it has been running on 4 trains with the 5th train on the transfer track. I believe it's the first time all five have been on the system and have all been signed off? As when it was running 4 before, the 5th one still had its wrappers on.

I believe they now just need to program it all to run 5 trains.

djtruefitt said:
All five trains are now on the track! Today it has been running on 4 trains with the 5th train on the transfer track. I believe it's the first time all five have been on the system and have all been signed off? As when it was running 4 before, the 5th one still had its wrappers on.

How will it run with 5 trains? Been trying to figure it out.

TheMan said:
djtruefitt said:

It can't I don't think?

Poison Tom 96 said:
TheMan said:
djtruefitt said:

It can't I don't think?

It can in theory, the 5th train would have to wait at base of vertical lift if they stopped dispatching

Didn't someone on here work out that if it ran on 5 trains the duelling aspect of the ride would not be possible?

If it can be programmed to though, 5 trains would be really welcomed - throughput needs to be improved a bit more!

The throughput certainly has been good the past few times I have watched it, its almost a constant stream of cars! At some points there has been a car going up the first hill, one coming round the final part of the ride and a third at the base of the vertical lift hill. It also doesn't seem to stack at all now. Of course it will with 5 trains, but hopefully the staff will work just as hard to keep it moving.

One little subtle thing I noticed today is that Towers have spelt 'Marmalisation' wrong on the newish 'Refresh The Smiler' shop sign. It says 'MAREMALISATION'. Proof in the Towersstreet Facebook image below. Just a small thing that made me chuckle.

993587_495142533889529_636127751_n.jpg

Doesn't surprise me. I get the impression that Towers don't do SPG checks on their signs, or at least if they do then they do a poor job. For example, the new golf sign; "win a £1000", awful grammar!

:)

Argh I hate this! There is a salon in Southport called Pink Nail's according to their sign.

Businesses should take their image seriously enough to check signs before they have them made.

They've been poor at spelling for years - Ripsaw had a sign saying they couldn't take any "responsibily" for loose items. Glad they haven't improved.