• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

Its odd as I have never found it to be an issue with head banging. Do you guys brace yourself? I am a solid rugby player so don't find holding my head straight an issue. Would soft head harnesses help? I found a few jolts on the ride in September but i can say i have felt worse on the old Corkscrew!

SuperMuscleMan said:
Its odd as I have never found it to be an issue with head banging. Do you guys brace yourself? I am a solid rugby player so don't find holding my head straight an issue. Would soft head harnesses help? I found a few jolts on the ride in September but i can say i have felt worse on the old Corkscrew!

Never really had a head banging issue on most rides. I just brace for them and ride it out. Even corkscrew didn't feel that rough to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've noticed that Google Earth has very recently been updated over Towers, meaning that everything from 2005 onwards is now present including The Smiler:

ycQ6Nv6.png

Upon closer inspection, they couldn't have picked a better day to take the image:

eu5v.png

The retrieval of the stalled train on the 4th June. Oops :p

I have never loved Google so much as I do right now, this is priceless! About time that it got updated as well!

:)

What I expect to find tomorrow morning when opening Google Maps:

1452101_10201995344797911_825674642_n.jpg

so the smiler tries to kill them, and merlin given them something that costs merlin nothing.

But a single year? A lifetime pass would be one thing, but just a year? It's pathetic.

A year pass is better than nothing. I don't really see the problem. Reading the article it doesn't sound like they are damaged for life or mentally scarred... and they seem happy with the consolation.

You both just seem to be making a deal out of nothing.

From all the reports that came out at the time, it sounds like the injuries sustained were extremely minor. The equivalent of a stubbed toe maybe, or bruising your arm a little.

They've done very well out of this, and Merlin have been quite generous I think given the triviality of the injuries. As people above said, the couple seem pleased with the outcome. :)

Im surprised thats all they received given that seeing the wheels coming off a rollercoaster you are on, and still having another 7 loops to do would be pretty traumatic!!!

GaryH said:
Im surprised thats all they received given that seeing the wheels coming off a rollercoaster you are on, and still having another 7 loops to do would be pretty traumatic!!!

Except the wheels didn't come off the ride

It was a small plastic wheel about an inch across by the looks of the photos that where seen when it happened. I doubt they would have got much from a court battle otherwise they would have pursued it.

10 years ago they would have got a cup of tea and a single return ticket.... But trash media love to inflate a story.