• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

If they did up some of that concrete as Chris says and replace it with grass area at least it will allow some of the water to soak into the soil underneath. Or, the areas that are not queue, dig it up, put in some water soakaway containers and install some drains leading to them. That would mean you could drain the area without having to install masses of piping and connecting it to the main drainage system.

The trouble they have is the pit goes well below the water table in the area. It's not called the Springfield area of the park for nothing

EuroSatch said:
The trouble they have is the pit goes well below the water table in the area. It's not called the Springfield area of the park for nothing

Thanks Satch, the penny just dropped. :) I had no idea....

Fantastic to see that the ride was achieving almost 1100pph according to the TS Facebook page today :)

Staff have been really efficient the past few weeks and have done a great job with quick dispatches, I wonder if they've started doing the time trials for dispatch times like some Europa staff do on blue fire and silver star, I've seen under 30 seconds on silver star once. It's really fun to see how quick they can dispatch them when you're in the station area. It actually adds quite a lot to the station atmosphere as I have seen at Europa park and on the smiler

I'm so glad throughput is being concentrated on parkwide, it really has a huge impact on guest experience. I'm enjoying this season much more than the last few, at least.

Throughputs have always been a postive at Towers and it is good to see this continuing. The Smiler has been running efficiently on my last few visits. However Towers need to do something about the staff on Nemesis this season, some of them appear to be downright rude and miserable. The other week the op was shouting over the tannoy demanding that guests fill the bays as loud as he could, hardly polite or welcoming.

:)

Throughputs have always been a postive at Towers and it is good to see this continuing. The Smiler has been running efficiently on my last few visits. However Towers need to do something about the staff on Nemesis this season, some of them appear to be downright rude and miserable. The other week the op was shouting over the tannoy demanding that guests fill the bays as loud as he could, hardly polite or welcoming.

The Nemesis staff were my biggest concern on opening day. I'd hoped they'd improve but they seemed a world behind everyone else on park

Fantastic to see that the ride was achieving almost 1100pph according to the TS Facebook page today :)

Truly abysmal for such a major ride. Anyone else noticed how most of Towers rides now operate approx 50% lower capacity than they were originally designed for? All part of the plan to sell more Fastrack methinks. It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Truly abysmal for such a major ride. Anyone else noticed how most of Towers rides now operate approx 50% lower capacity than they were originally designed for? All part of the plan to sell more Fastrack methinks. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
I completely agree that the ride should have been designed with higher capacity in the first place - but to be hitting 1080 is damn impressive for the ride.

Hmm. Well that isn't too shabby but given that it's the longest coaster in the park it really should have been designed with higher capacity in mind.

It's basically turned out to be another Rita in my opinion.

It still bothers me how Gerstlauer dedicate a whole paragraph proming their T-lap bars for the infinity coaster yet we ended up with over the shoulders "by request". However due to sounding like a broken record I'll stop going on about it!

In terms of throughput it is a shame that they couldn't have done seperate onload and offload. There would have been space as well.