• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler - General Discussion

You're confused by a cashless BPB, let alone stripping down a ride train.
The Beach is a very long way from cashless, believe me.
Crevettes management has promised me "cash for life".
Back on topic, am I the only one who thinks they might just give up on the 4th train.
Half the time it sits on the brake run doesn't it?

The Beach is a very long way from cashless, believe me.
Crevettes management has promised me "cash for life".
Back on topic, am I the only one who thinks they might just give up on the 4th train.
Half the time it sits on the brake run doesn't it?

That’s the 5th train. 4 trains does add a little extra capacity, the 5th didn’t really.

To be fair the 4th was mostly useless in the days of the bag room being closed. Now they've brought that back there is often a short wait for trains to arrive in the station.

I still think it's bizarre that the station seems... almost... designed to have onload and offload platforms, yet this was never implemented.

No idea how much this would have improved throughput in reality but I'm surprised they didn't go for it

I still think it's bizarre that the station seems... almost... designed to have onload and offload platforms, yet this was never implemented.

No idea how much this would have improved throughput in reality but I'm surprised they didn't go for it
I guess it would only really make a different on 4 or 5 trains. When it’s on 3 the train usually goes straight in to the station and doesn’t stack at all.

With five trains you more often than not stacked on the brakes behind the train stacked in the station that's not a station.

Smiler had a lot of minor stoppages today. I had to be released manually once when on the brake run. Overall it ran decent tho on 4 trains. I had 4 rides: 3 smooth as silk, 1 rough as houses? Really does depend on the train and where you are sitting it seems. My rough ride was on row 2 though which is odd. My back row ride was probably the smoothest of the lot. Weird.

I've yet to have a rough ride row 1-3 on the inside seats when the restraint aren't too tight, I do kinda slouch forward otherwise my shoulders take a battering though.

I've yet to have a rough ride row 1-3 on the inside seats when the restraint aren't too tight, I do kinda slouch forward otherwise my shoulders take a battering though.
Any row on the inside seats are fine imo. I rode it other week on back left and back middle, the outer seat was considerably worse

Any row on the inside seats are fine imo. I rode it other week on back left and back middle, the outer seat was considerably worse
Makes sense as my rough ride on row 2 was the outer left seat. Thinking about it the 3 smooth ones were all inner seats.

This is not anything new but just wanted to say as well, the difference the bag drop makes to Smiler is crazy. I have been on 2 off peak days so far with almost identical crowd levels. One in March and then this thursday just gone. In March the bag drop was open and it was running 2 trains. This thursday the bag drop was closed but it was on 4 trains.
I would say the queue was longer with 4 trains because of all the bag faffing that goes on. When u have more than 1 train waiting on the brake run, running 4 trains becomes pointless really.
When the bag drop is open, operations are incredible. It was literally 45 seconds ish I think from opening the gates to dispatching the train. Makes such a huge difference.

I’ve just had a couple of rides today and it’s rough, the one I just had was absolutely horrid. Admittedly I used the Single Rider Queue and was in a back seat on the outside both times (but hey, had a walk on ride when it was advertised at 60 mins) but my words that was horrendously rough, worse than Infusion or Collosus. Have I just caught it on a particularly bad day or has it been this bad for a while now in the outer back seats?

I’ve just had a couple of rides today and it’s rough, the one I just had was absolutely horrid. Admittedly I used the Single Rider Queue and was in a back seat on the outside both times (but hey, had a walk on ride when it was advertised at 60 mins) but my words that was horrendously rough, worse than Infusion or Collosus. Have I just caught it on a particularly bad day or has it been this bad for a while now in the outer back seats?
Outer seats tend to be worse yes. I think maybe the weather plays a part? It's a beautiful day today so the ride will be flying round. Also the less layers you wear the more you feel it on your shoulders on the smiler

Outer seats tend to be worse yes. I think maybe the weather plays a part? It's a beautiful day today so the ride will be flying round. Also the less layers you wear the more you feel it on your shoulders on the smiler

Yes, I’d agree that the hot weather probably did play a very big part. But I was shocked at how brutally rough the ride was, the second half of the ride in particular was excruciating. When it pulled in to the station at the end the people on the inside seats next to me on the back row also exclaimed how painful the rattling was so I think they had a bad time as well. That may well genuinely have been the most unpleasant ride I’ve ever had on a coaster, I actually felt somewhat disorientated stepping off of it from how much the juddering was making my head rattle.

Yes, I’d agree that the hot weather probably did play a very big part. But I was shocked at how brutally rough the ride was, the second half of the ride in particular was excruciating. When it pulled in to the station at the end the people on the inside seats next to me on the back row also exclaimed how painful the rattling was so I think they had a bad time as well. That may well genuinely have been the most unpleasant ride I’ve ever had on a coaster, I actually felt somewhat disorientated stepping off of it from how much the juddering was making my head rattle.
I'm lucky that I've never had that many bad rides. I've had had few uncomfortable ones on the back but nothing too major

I'm lucky that I've never had that many bad rides. I've had had few uncomfortable ones on the back but nothing too major

Well this is interesting, I just went back on it this morning and had a really different ride experience. I was on outside right of row 4 and was expecting it to be rough like yesterday but I had great ride! I’m wondering if there’s a big difference between the trains at the moment in how they are riding with some being ok and another being awful?

Edit - So I had four rides today, two consecutive ones in the morning, two in the afternoon. The two morning ones were both great, but my first afternoon one was fantastic but the next one was rough, but nowhere near as bad as the previous day. I think it was train 3 (row 2 outside left) that was the rough one, with train 1 being a good ride and train 2 ( row 1 outside left) being the fantastic one. I wonder if anyone else can confirm if train 3 is rougher than the others?

Last edited:
Train 3 hasn’t operated since the crash as there isn’t a train 3 anymore, it was train 3 and 4 involved. They order 1 new train and numbered it 4. There’s trains 1, 2 and 5 which are the originals and train 4 which is the replacement.

Ok, so that makes sense with the numbering. So I’m guessing that it was maybe train 4 which was the rougher one then. It can be a bit hard to look down and get the number of the train when you get off the ride with everyone else getting off. I definitely caught the number of trains 1 and 2 when I got off of my good rides and on the rougher one today I didn’t manage to directly get the number of it but I did see the number of train 2 ahead of the one I was in so I assumed incorrectly that I was in 3.