• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Smiler Merchandise

Photo and Brolly.

That be all!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

JAMMYD778 said:
Just a quick question, can MAP holders get discount on this merchandise? Would love to buy The Smiler (merchandise)!
Yeah you can :)

I've got a Fridge Magnet, T-shirt and a ride selector keyring that has the logo on it (as well as the logos of the other five big coasters).

I wanted to get a photo, but the first time I rode I was with a stranger and the second time we were stuck on the break run for 10 minutes due to an unfortunate accident requiring a cleanup in the car in front. By the time we got to the shop the photos had disappeared :(

NF2 said:
I've got a Fridge Magnet, T-shirt and a ride selector keyring that has the logo on it (as well as the logos of the other five big coasters).

I wanted to get a photo, but the first time I rode I was with a stranger and the second time we were stuck on the break run for 10 minutes due to an unfortunate accident requiring a cleanup in the car in front. By the time we got to the shop the photos had disappeared :(

You could have probably asked them in the shop to view the past photos, as im sure they are kept on the system for 24 hours.

Be careful with the heat sensitive mugs, the special paint began to chip off on my first wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I actually have more than I thought. Originally thought I had only picked up a photo but I actually have:

Photo
Tote bag
Thermos type cup
Rain coat

:)

I've recently added a pin badge to my collection. But the main reason for my post, is that I saw a The Smiler car sticker in the back of a car on the way into the resort for the meet on Saturday. I went looking for one in The Smiler shop, and couldn't find on. My hubby asked the staff and was told that they didn't sell them, but that the staff were given them before the ride opened.

I just wondered if anyone knows of a member of The Smiler staff who has a car sticker that they don't intend to use, that I could buy from them? Really want one! :twirly:

Amy_D said:
I've recently added a pin badge to my collection. But the main reason for my post, is that I saw a The Smiler car sticker in the back of a car on the way into the resort for the meet on Saturday. I went looking for one in The Smiler shop, and couldn't find on. My hubby asked the staff and was told that they didn't sell them, but that the staff were given them before the ride opened.

I just wondered if anyone knows of a member of The Smiler staff who has a car sticker that they don't intend to use, that I could buy from them? Really want one! :twirly:

I have two, they were giving them out last season when the marketing started so the web address on the car sticker says "AltonTowers.com/2013"
One is in my car, the other is on my bedroom window.

EDIT: Ta-Dah!

525628_10151346771737795_426189900_n.jpg

Amy_D said:

They gave them away at Scarefest and Fireworks last year if I'm not mistaken, it wasn't just Smiler staff? I know Al has one on the back of his car.

EDIT - Beaten to it! :p

I can add a bit of further info. At the start of this season they were actually also in a pile on the desk in guest services as a freebie, next to the park maps. I'm guessing that some unscrupulous people probably picked up a chunk instead of just taking one as you'll find them popping up on Ebay quite frequently :)

Edit - By the way, last time I was there (around 2 weeks ago) it seemed that the whole resort had run out of The Smiler wristbands. Any idea if this was a supply issue or just if they will not be re-stocking them?

Thanks everyone for your responses. I already checked eBay before posting on here. I guess I'm not going to get hold of one :(

If you check Ebay occasionally over the next few weeks or so I'd be surprised if one didn't come up at some point. Alternatively, I could probably check with friends on my FB account to see if anyone has a spare one that they could sort you out with. Obviously that would mean you exchanging addresses with said FB person if there is one available for postage. PM me if you like.

I have a load here. Could post you a free one if you like or bring it to a meet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

So far, I have
A pin badge
A mug
An ORP
And a notebook
I also would like a car sticker but I dunno where to find one
*hint,hint* ;)