• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[The Smiler] Spoiler Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
According to The Alton Towers Guide, the trains are running a lot smoother and fastest now due to the mudguards have now been removed and with the modified wheels.

Brilliant! :D

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I'd imagine they've been taken off whilst they keep playing around with the wheels. I'm sure they'll be back at some point, I really liked them also!

:)

A few points from today:

- No smoke at all on the dispatch sequence which was disappointing.
- I think they have changed the wheels, it didn't seem as loud as it was on Saturday.
- House lights were on around the indoor inversion all day apart from right at the end, these really need to be off all the time.

Now some information on the trains. The Smiler was operating 3 trains today. There are only currently 4 trains on the circuit, the stalled train is yet to be put back on. However, for most of the day today, they were running a forth train (train 3) full of test dummies. So it was actually running 4 trains, with only 3 of them being loaded. I'd imagine they want to get the required testing on this train done ASAP so that it can be signed off and The Smiler can operated with 4 trains again. The queue is noticeably slower with 3 train operation compared to 4.

Also Gerstlauer are still on park. There was a lot of activity in the maintenance shed today with Towers techies and Gerst present.

Finally, front row of The Smiler really is amazing! ;D

:)

Front row of The Smiler is the best ride experience on park. Absolutely loved it, even better than the front of Air or Nemesis.

The front row is absolutely brilliant. I've only been on twice. First time I was on the front and it was amazing, second time I was on the back, which was still very good, but nowhere near as pleasurable as being on the front row.

Front is by far the best, and I would rather wait a little longer for front on Smiler than any other ride on park.

They have certainly been doing something with the wheels, as on Monday the trains were louder than Nemesis and it was fairly unpleasant queuing under them. However by Wednesday they were a lot quieter and not so noticeable. The wheel covers were sat in the maintenance building on Wednesday as you could see them if you looked across on the break run.

Its good to see train 3 going around now, that was still sat on the switch track wrapped up on Wednesday.

My first ride was at the front today, and its just soo epic :D
Can't wait to get back and ride again!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.