• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Thread of YouTube!

I can relate to this video so much. It's so relieving seeing another grown ass man also afraid of rollercoasters. It is a completely irrational fear, you feel very silly, but it's genuinely awful, borderline embarrassing. My first ride on Nemesis, there was a little girl at the entrance trying to see if she was tall enough to ride, and I felt literal shame, I got in the queue and my heart rate was unbelievable, this is followed by a very bizarre sense of accomplishment on the brake run, which is weird because all you did is sit still screaming/swearing out loud.

Fair play to this guy, he looks genuinely afraid, and he's put it all on camera for people to enjoy, and look how happy he is during most of these elements, the fear is in the queue lines and the lift hills typically. Thanks for sharing!

Just watched it. Also recommend checking it out. There's a nice little bit behind the scenes of each ride and it's nice to see this perspective from someone that's not an enthusiast but is still fascinated to see how the rides work.

yeah I've watched it and I did immediately think of @Pawkins story, similar in many ways.
Seeing Tom Scott unlike his usual on screen presentation of being very calm and collected, this is quite different but really is worth a watch.

Following on from last night's convo in the shoutbox, this is Slothy Vlogs riding an Extreme in "Orbiter mode"- the most intense setting! (skip to 29:05)

Nice vid mate. Looked like good fun. You deserve more views for your vids (although it's hard to do that without clickbaity titles etc in this now overserved genre). I expect you're not too bothered about views though in the grand scheme of things. It's just nice to know that people appreciate the time that goes into these things though, so just keep enjoying making them and more and more people will see and enjoy them as time goes by :)

Last edited:
Something I made last year that might interest you all...

Years and years ago someone made this video that was literally just a no commentary tour of Alton Towers - as a youngster who grew up with the park at that time, the video was like nectar between trips. As the years went by that sorta thing got replaced by vloggers talking about themselves more than where they actually were - to some this is fun, but there was a decreasing amount of videos at the park that were actually about the park. As such, myself and a group of friends formed a weird cult following of the film during the various covid lockdowns, and it was great to see how the park changed - especially as some members of the group hadn't visited until fairly recently.

Backstory out of the way, and to cut the story a bit shorter - myself and my best mate decided to do an updated one for 2022, but with our own mark on the style.

Well done mate. I can see a lot of time and effort went into that. Again, it deserves more views. It's tough out there now though in the Towers game as all some people need to do is sit in a room and talk about a snippet AT have officially released about a popular ride and they'll get 15,000 views in several days for pretty much adding nothing and minimal effort (I'm not talking about Shawn, by the way). And your stuff gets pushed lower down the rankings. Bad times.

Nice vid mate. Looked like good fun. You deserve more views for your vids (although it's hard to do that without clickbaity titles etc in this now overserved genre). I expect you're not too bothered about views though in the grand scheme of things. It's just nice to know that people appreciate the time that goes into these things though, so just keep enjoying making them and more and more people will see and enjoy them as time goes by :)
Thanks, I appreciate that! Not at all bothered by views, I just make the videos as a momento of the trip to look back on. :)

Another case of not writing a trip report but making a video montage instead, I've just finished editing our holiday video from last month in Denmark and Sweden! Really happy with how my videos are turning out these days - I'm using an iPhone 14 Pro Max to film in 4K which is an absolute workhorse. Editing taking place in DaVinci Resolve.

From: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFGB5fd8_cw&list=PLaZcsDMusiqrRVsFevjmWpOLFaXkJkVE5&index=1

How nice of that damn overprice useless thing of an umbrella to be in the video thumbnail! 🤣

Fantastic Video Burbs.

It takes a lot of skills to be able to film and edit a video.

Disappointed by the lack of Dan Dryers in the video though....