• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The TowersStreet Community Logo!

Joel

TS Technical Admin
Favourite Ride
Closed season on TST
Hello all!

So, just a measily 5 weeks down the line, TowersStreet has another milestone - we have our first OFFICIAL logo of the site and community! YAY!

To say we've come a long way in 5 weeks is an understatement, we never ever thought 5 weeks ago that we would be this far along when we came up with the idea out of the blue to start afresh on that fateful evening back in June.

Firstly, a MASSIVE thanks to everyone who took part - and an even more massively extended thanks to those 4 final entrants who have worked so hard to polish their logos for us and then to wait through all of the suspense of the final vote at the hands of our very own community. I can't begin to thank you all enough for all of the hard work, devotion and support you've all given to us since we began.

However there could only be one winner, and that was all down to our community, because we have the mission statement emblazoned upon our walls at our HQ* that we are different, and we are here for our community, and that we want every one of you to be involved as much as possible!

(*Yes, my bedroom, and those bedrooms of the other 12 team members :p)

So, as you may have seen, the community voted the logo designed by Adam, and I'm sure you'll all take a moment to congratulate Adam on his hard work and support for the community too - we love the design, and thank you from all of the team once again too!

The vote was eagerly watched over by the team (yes, we could see how things were progressing! :p) and at times it was very very close - but as I said before, we are as transparent as possible, so here is the voting break down for you all:

171 votes were cast.

Logo 1 - Adam 78 (45.6%)
Logo 2 - Mr P 21 (12.3%)
Logo 3 - Tim 48 (28.1%)
Logo 4 - Ryan 24 (14%)

We watched these numbers change and grow so much, but it was clear that Adam's logo hit the spot with the majority of the community. A massive thanks once again to Mr P, Tim and Ryan for your stellar efforts with your logos - we'll feature all of the final entrants on our site pages in the history of our site section we are building!

We'd still love to hear your thoughts and feedback about the new logo, and we'll certainly take any feedback and work with Adam and the team to put those finishing touches to our new logo.

Thank you thank you thank you once again to everyone that has taken part and voted, and congratulations to Adam once again! :D

Prometheus said:
Lol at ....*drumroll* at the top of the page! Nice touch guys. 8)

You should hear our synthetic drumrolls and tension in the TST Specul Rum Skype.

EDIT: Congrats' Adam. Not the biggest fan currently but I'm sure it will grow on me.

tumblr_m6gwlotyDo1qzsyre.gif

Well done Adam!

Well Done Adam

Looks great, and well done to everyone else who submitted a logo, they were all great, and it shows what a talented community we have here :)

Ian

Oh wow - didn't expect to see that! The other three logos were really well designed so I didn't think I'd fare that well!

Can I just say a big thank you to everyone who voted, I'm truly honoured to have my design implemented as a part of TowersStreet :)

Hello all!

So, just a measily 5 weeks down the line, TowersStreet has another milestone - we have our first OFFICIAL logo of the site and community! YAY!

To say we've come a long way in 5 weeks is an understatement, we never ever thought 5 weeks ago that we would be this far along when we came up with the idea out of the blue to start afresh on that fateful evening back in June.

Firstly, a MASSIVE thanks to everyone who took part - and an even more massively extended thanks to those 4 final entrants who have worked so hard to polish their logos for us and then to wait through all of the suspense of the final vote at the hands of our very own community. I can't begin to thank you all enough for all of the hard work, devotion and support you've all given to us since we began.

However there could only be one winner, and that was all down to our community, because we have the mission statement emblazoned upon our walls at our HQ* that we are different, and we are here for our community, and that we want every one of you to be involved as much as possible!

(*Yes, my bedroom, and those bedrooms of the other 12 team members :p)

So, as you may have seen, the community voted the logo designed by Adam, and I'm sure you'll all take a moment to congratulate Adam on his hard work and support for the community too - we love the design, and thank you from all of the team once again too!

The vote was eagerly watched over by the team (yes, we could see how things were progressing! :p) and at times it was very very close - but as I said before, we are as transparent as possible, so here is the voting break down for you all:

171 votes were cast.

Logo 1 - Adam 78 (45.6%)
Logo 2 - Mr P 21 (12.3%)
Logo 3 - Tim 48 (28.1%)
Logo 4 - Ryan 24 (14%)

We watched these numbers change and grow so much, but it was clear that Adam's logo hit the spot with the majority of the community. A massive thanks once again to Mr P, Tim and Ryan for your stellar efforts with your logos - we'll feature all of the final entrants on our site pages in the history of our site section we are building!

We'd still love to hear your thoughts and feedback about the new logo, and we'll certainly take any feedback and work with Adam and the team to put those finishing touches to our new logo.

Thank you thank you thank you once again to everyone that has taken part and voted, and congratulations to Adam once again! :D

Despite it not being my first choice, it is slowly growing on me. Although I think it would like better minus the oval. And maybe possibly replace the flags with more British colours or even the Towers logo?

Once again, congratulations Adam :)

I think that looks bloody awesome up there! Congratulations Adam! Seriously, all the final entries were great and it's a credit to you all how much effort was put in. The same goes for all the initial entries too - there were really some fantastic efforts. ;D

I know I've had some feedback from some of you in person about a couple of things, so I'll start with those points here first (If you have any more, please add them below in a post!)

• The flags don't seem to sit right with the colours, especially the purple one?
    We did kinda pick this up as a team, but it was right before (or just after I think) the logo vote started, so we couldn't really change it at that point. But yeah it is a valid point, and we'll certainly look at changing the purple flag so its a little more clearer
  • Could you change the flag colours to red, white and blue? That may work better, and also would look cool being our flag colours
    We'll certainly give it a shot and see how it comes out - it just may be the blue that clashes with the purple again
  • I'm not too keen on the 'oval' shape in the background?
    Again we'll look as a team at variants without it, although part of that is also covered in our next bit of feedback...
  • The logo seems quite 'small' in its given space at the top, can you make it bigger?
    We'll certainly look at tweaking all the sizes at the top of the page, but we're not too keen on making the header area much more bigger - we don't want a massive header taking up most of the page before the 'fold' on smaller screen sizes! I know one point that was addressed was maybe to lose the bottom half of the oval to give us more room to scale the logo up, and we'll trial this in the team also!

I'll repeat what I said in the Shoutbox and attempt to justify my opinion to make it more constructive.
I think the logo looks unprofessional and amateurish.

1. The rectangle section looks like the license plate of a car, was this the intended look? I don't know why it has the screws in the corners. Surely there are better ways to do this section of the image?

2. The stars on either side of the castle add nothing to the image, they seem to have been included just for the sake of it.

3. The oval shape behind the rectangle doesn't fit with the image, was it supposed to look as though the rectangle wraps around the oval?

The things I do like are the font and the castle image (my opinion on the flags at the top is neutral).

Just my opinion

I wouldn't have said those things make it look 'unprofessional' or even 'amateurish' but there we go... We all have our own opinions. As an example, you dislike the screws, whereas I think they work as they make the logo seem like a Street sign, and they also link to the current Towers logo (same with the stars). I will concede that I'm unsure about the oval though, though my mind is veering towards it working more than it doesn't.

:)