• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The use of Facebook by Alton Towers

Wether it's just my area I don't know but not many people that go to my school have Facebook, and those that do don't use it often. If Thorpe want to be targeting teens then I think that use snapchat and Instagram would be a better move than Facebook.

They use all the social channels do Thorpe, which is for the best as not everyone has one or the other...

Just wish they'd stop the horrid retweeting of paid tweets or general benign comments...

Slightly off topic, but there's a really funny spoof of a theme park Twitter feed called @epcotcentre
https://twitter.com/epcotcentre?lang=en

Some of the tweets are probably funnier if you know Epcot, but a lot of them are funny regardless. It works because rather than being outrageously silly they've captured the banality of a corporate Twitter feed whilst subverting it just enough to make it funny.

Let's be honest what decent content have they to post? A new flying ride in cbabies land and a walk in show.wowwwwwwww that will get likes off the guys out there!!!! Why don't the guys get the point of simple things making an impact. A new flat to replace ripsaw and relaunch nemesis subterra would have an impact on us guys if hypped up on Facebook. They do it for the guys down south at TP but forget about us up north! !!!

Can't believe it. I've got an email off merlin telling me about new zoom rocket ride thing and furchester hotel. Like yes myou 10 year old wants those !! When will they get it? Where can I email a reply to ask what new stuff is on offer for her this year for me to renew my family's MAP and my sisters family too!!! (That's 8 MAPs I'm sure they can work out loss of those sales?

Let's be honest what decent content have they to post? A new flying ride in cbabies land and a walk in show.wowwwwwwww that will get likes off the guys out there!!!! Why don't the guys get the point of simple things making an impact. A new flat to replace ripsaw and relaunch nemesis subterra would have an impact on us guys if hypped up on Facebook. They do it for the guys down south at TP but forget about us up north! !!!

There's nothing wrong with having new attractions that target the youngest audience. Lots of parents use facebook too.

Alton Towers posted about opening on March 25th, and the sheer majority of comments are people complaining about opening times. Not just enthusiasts but General public too. Hopefully Alton Towers listen to these people.

Alton Towers posted about opening on March 25th, and the sheer majority of comments are people complaining about opening times. Not just enthusiasts but General public too. Hopefully Alton Towers listen to these people.

You must be dreaming! They dont even respond to people complaining about the extortionate prices of staying in their hotels.... mind you.... interestingly, prices have dropped substantially since the 30% sale finished and the "25% sale" kicked in. I'd be REALLY peeved if I had done the early booking in the sale to find the price cheaper in the next sale.

There's many things that annoy enthusiasts that the GP won't give two hoots about - but value for money isn't one of them. No one wants to be mugged off.

Interesting. ......
Time will tell if this mega investment is a better one than improving the park offering. I'm sure general public over age of 10 would have appreciated a new flat and improved offering at the park, rather than new hotel.
Perhaps Merlins love of hotels might come to an end!!
Once again I feel the park needs to appeal to more than young families!!
No one has told me yet what the park has installed for the enthusiast since 2014???

They are installing something (slightly) more thrilling next year. Towers always tends to install thrill attractions every three/four years.

Since this thread is about the Facebook page, there isn't a plethora of comments asking for more thrill rides. Most complaints over the last year seemed to be about closed rides, the decimation in number of whole family rides, opening hours and, more recently, hotel prices. Pretty much all of these concerns are value for money related.

More thrill rides maybe what some individuals personally want, but it's clear the park has far more pressing issues with its core offerings it needs to fix first.

Ok. so what have they done regarding the closed rides???? I know closed more on the park!!! (toadstool, ice age) And before anyone replies I mean IN THE THEME PARK NOT CBABIES LAND!! (A FAMILY WITH KIDS AGED 9 UPWARDS DO NOT WANT CBEEBIES LAND!!) So the day becomes even less value for money so it is linked to this topic. All im asking for is a basic reasonably priced flat and sub terra to increase interest for 2017, but I can dream. Gone are those days in that you tube video of AT magic and them wanting to make eveyones day magic!

You know you don't have to put caps lock on in every topic for us to understand your complaints ;)

I do agree with much of what you're saying. The thrill market budget that was spent on Galactica should've been spent on a new flat ride. There's no point bashing CBeebies Land all the time, it's a good thing that they're investing in it, but they should also be investing in other things as well.

What topic is this? I don't even know anymore, they're all basically "no new hotels", "ooooh what a nice new fence", "give us a new flat ride" or "these opening hours are disgraceful" :p

What topic is this? I don't even know anymore, they're all basically "no new hotels", "ooooh what a nice new fence", "give us a new flat ride" or "these opening hours are disgraceful" :p

Indeed, there is some overlap of discussion which is probably due to the amount of discontent at the moment. But let's get this thread back on the topic of Facebook/social media use by Alton Towers.

Thanks.

:)

If people are struggling to see what Towers are doing outside of CBeebies, just visit the TLC twitter/facebook pages. This past week alone they've featured updates on Nemesis and The Smiler.

The idea that Towers social media pages are only interested in CBeebies is a myth.

If people are struggling to see what Towers are doing outside of CBeebies, just visit the TLC twitter/facebook pages. This past week alone they've featured updates on Nemesis and The Smiler.

The idea that Towers social media pages are only interested in CBeebies is a myth.

But TLC is mainly aimed at enthusiasts, who already know what the park offers. The main facebook and twitter feeds are aimed at the general public, who don't know what the park offers. They should be advertising all aspects of a day out, some pictures of people enjoying themselves on a nice day, following them around the park and advertising what's available where they are.