• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

So stray toddlers that become lost don't venture alone into the wider park.

And an extremely good idea it is too... tiny kids are quickly reunited if lost and kept in a reasonably safe section of the park. I imagine that area is also blanket covered with CCTV.
Its just a pain to get back out of that land when you are ready for something more adventurous.

Anyway, let's get back on to the topic of a potential CCL re-theme please!

:)

I'm just scared they will do what they did to Transylvania at chessington, have a timeless, but utterly squandered, children's dark ride and let its theme kill everything else in the area!

(Well, more than ice age already did)

Could it be possible they redevelop the whole area away from family now that CBeebies is there? Would be a good place for an indoor coaster to be built

Could it be possible they redevelop the whole area away from family now that CBeebies is there? Would be a good place for an indoor coaster to be built
A good indoor coaster would be brilliant up there. But why not make it a family coaster similar to black hole. An indoor steel wild mouse with some dark ride sections would be brilliant if themed well.

AT badly need to address the family offerings. We have great thrill rides, great kids rides, a mine train, a broken Haunted House, River Rapids on 25% power, Pirates and Hex.

If it's as nice as Kung Fu Panda I would actually like something like that at Towers, do like they have done with SW8 and give it simple hardware but great theming.

But going onto CCL as a whole unless Merlin are willing to spend even £10mill on a whole retheme Charlie/80 Days/Toyland retheme would esaily eat up that budget and the rest would get spent on a retheme for the 4D Cinema unless it was converted back into a stage show.

If the budget allowed it, I would install a nicely themed Vekoma Boomerang or Wild Mouse and a new stage show but the emphasis of the CCL budget would of course be on the Charlie retheme then an expansion in 2020.

But we never know Merlin/Towers have suprised us(Good and Bad) recently, I don't know what to expect.

If it's as nice as Kung Fu Panda I would actually like something like that at Towers, do like they have done with SW8 and give it simple hardware but great theming.

But going onto CCL as a whole unless Merlin are willing to spend even £10mill on a whole retheme Charlie/80 Days/Toyland retheme would esaily eat up that budget and the rest would get spent on a retheme for the 4D Cinema unless it was converted back into a stage show.

If the budget allowed it, I would install a nicely themed Vekoma Boomerang or Wild Mouse and a new stage show but the emphasis of the CCL budget would of course be on the Charlie retheme then an expansion in 2020.

But we never know Merlin/Towers have suprised us(Good and Bad) recently, I don't know what to expect.
I agree a few family coasters would be great.

Mack Suspended Family Powered Coaster tbh ;)
Probably a bit expensive could work though being they have a massive show building they could use for a dark ride segment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would Spinball fit inside the building? With some immersive themeing, that could work as an indoor coaster.

Would Spinball fit inside the building? With some immersive themeing, that could work as an indoor coaster.
Don't think it's the building is tall enough. I personally think that ride should get scrapped the capacity is shocking and it's not the most reliable thing on earth.
I think an indoor coaster is something the uk needs and the hardware doesn't need to be amazing if the theming is great.

Problem with fitting spinball in a building up there, the building would look ugly as it would be a very tall tin shed behind a cardboard facrde.

It's tough when we account for the investment problem over the past few years. I agree that the whole 'themed' area of CCL should be completely scrapped and replaced with a new themed area that pays a lot more attention to detail. It's relatively close to the Towers, so perhaps a medieval fantasy, princess, or regal theme would be appropriate. With the flume gone, a water ride is needed, so perhaps a large indoor dark ride as a boat ride/watercoaster with a drop or two could be good.
On a wider note, in my opinion not only does CCL need this kind of treatment; the 'dark' forest, which is actually ironically the most open and exposed area of the park should also be rethemed around the area where Rita is (obviously not the 13 bit at the back)
The money required to do all of this would probably be extremely high obviously, but I can't see any other alternative as to Alton losing the crown as the UKs main theme park in the mid level future.