• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Look at the fun there all having together. It’s the type of rides all age groups can enjoy.
I remember going to Alton Towers Feb 2007 when Carters run the funfair on the front lawn

Look at the fun there all having together. It’s the type of rides all age groups can enjoy.
I remember going to Alton Towers Feb 2007 when Carters run the funfair on the front lawn

How come Carter's Steam Fair went to Alton Towers in 2007? Could they not open the permanent rides due to weather or something? Or was it in addition to the permanent rides?

It was for the February Half Term event. I think park entry was free too.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Oh right! Thanks @James! So it operated sort of like a funfair on the AT grounds, correct me if I'm wrong.

Dare I say slightly different to our @James ...

I think it was part of a small opening, to trial half term I think - hotel guests got free rides then the steam fair worked on a token basis. However bizarrely a couple of proper rides opened also on a token scheme.
But the Towers and dead Gardens were open.

Dare I say slightly different to our @James ...

I think it was part of a small opening, to trial half term I think - hotel guests got free rides then the steam fair worked on a token basis. However bizarrely a couple of proper rides opened also on a token scheme.
But the Towers and dead Gardens were open.
Ah right. Thanks @Ben!

If we are expecting a CCL retheme next year, then I'd expect work to start in around September/October, as this is roughly when work on CBeebies Land begun (I think?)

I'm pretty doubtful we're going to see anything happen to CCL for 2019. I think it's highly likely that they'll put the Alton Towers Dungeon in the CATCF building and possibly add the areas surrounding that (the SkyRide and CCL Burger Kitchen) to The Towers area, with the rest of CCL remaining as it is currently (plus Twirling Toadstool reopened, of course).

How come Carter's Steam Fair went to Alton Towers in 2007? Could they not open the permanent rides due to weather or something? Or was it in addition to the permanent rides?
Carters is just a travelling fair going from event to event and if thair passing a special place (fairground, park etc..?) Thay will ask if thay can open up on a field to boost funds for coal oil materials etc... before moving on (the engines each go through about £50 of coal a day or about 1/2ton) so even on a long journey thay use a lot of funds so need to top ot up , my friend drives and owns several engines and said it takes a week to go from Manchester to Dorset and a lot of coal and water so you can understand why thay open up and earn revinue

Going back to the subject why don't thay thay do a theme on frozen it's the highest grossing animated film of all time so jump on the bandwagon and rake it in

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to the subject why don't thay thay do a theme on frozen it's the highest grossing animated film of all time so jump on the bandwagon and rake it in
@themeparkfan has hit the nail on the head... that would be easier said than done, as I'm sure Disney are very protective of such a lucrative brand. Not saying that Merlin wouldn't do the brand justice, but Disney has never really been one to license its brands to other parks, especially not in recent years. The only possible example I can think of is Alice Ride at BPB, and they probably wouldn't have licensed Marvel to Universal had the agreement not existed prior to their acquisition of Marvel.

Just let it go....let it go.

It's good that Disney holds its brands to their chests because they're not wanted. It would destroy the uniqueness of Towers.

Send them to Thorpe instead, hopefully on top of Love Island.