• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

I'm surprised gangsta granny even has the queue capacity to reach an hour. It looks like a pretty small queue line to me

We waited about an hour from the outdoor switchback that is under cover , that’s with social distancing and a very quiet park . I’ll be interested to see where they extend the queue for busy days !

I'd imagine they'll go down the route of The Smiler and shut it when it reaches capacity. They might have a small amount of further temporary queue, but they won't want to clog up guest flow around there with the other attractions being open.

The ride itself looks great, but to be brutally honest, the throughput looks far worse than even my worst expectations.

Just seen a video on YouTube. The entire queue this morning was just adults and loads of vloggers. It's a bit cringey to be honest.

I mean that's bound to be the case on a weekday opening of a new ride when there's few kids there anyway. If the area was opening on a weekend with the park full of kids then I'd be saying it was a bit ridiculous, and the park would most likely have arranged an alternative. I'd sooner people get their content now than on peak days!

We are booked for Sunday, we quickly realised that it would be a very long queue for GG on its first weekend, so opted to visit today as well so that we don’t need to worry about wasting time in a long queue !

We are booked for Sunday, we quickly realised that it would be a very long queue for GG on its first weekend, so opted to visit today as well so that we don’t need to worry about wasting time in a long queue !
I'm booked for Sunday as well. We're planning to do GG early on as it will indeed be very busy.

I have to say, I’m very impressed with the area, from what I’ve seen of it! There looks to be quite a few smaller details, and some of the rides actually look pretty heavily-themed!

I’ll admit that I’m especially impressed with how heavily-themed Flavio’s Fabulous Fandango is, given that it was quite a last-minute addition to the area, and how it’s also supposedly a temporary ride. Could we possibly see the park replace the current Sizzler with a permanent one for 2022?

Let's not kid ourselves here, the area is not heavily-themed, but Gangsta Granny should perform well at least. Literally the only theming the disco balls. Raj's Shop however is quite well done being made to look like a newsagent, but the rest of the area seems to be lacking in detail.

Disco balls and vinyl posters does not a “heavily themed” ride make. I thought it looked incredibly messy using the space in front of the (unused) Theatre (I imagine the creative team didn’t envision this for the area). Then there’s the carousel which was better in its old central location, which is inoffensive and adds ride capacity. Rounding out the area is a repainted (again) frog hopper in front of empty repainted (again) buildings . It’s really not a heavily themed area, but the creative team have done a good job with what was undoubtedly a small budget, and made the correct decision to ensure that the inside of the GG attraction is a pleasantly themed experience.

One thing to note from the vlogs; there's no on-ride photo, just the green screen photo ops in the queue lines.
The exit corridor and photo collection counter is suprisingly well themed too. :)

Why travel to Florida to try out Velocicoaster when we've got some lovely posters in a queue line.
Oh, believe me when I say I want to try out VelociCoaster; I’m absolutely gagging to get on that thing, and I’m hoping I might be able to go in 2022 if COVID allows!

This simply isn’t comparable, though; for starters, Alton Towers isn’t Universal, and doesn’t have anywhere near the same budget available to them, and this is a family investment, whereas VelociCoaster is more aimed at thrill seekers.

All things considered, I’m personally applauding Towers for what they’ve done here; it looks like they’ve really breathed some new life into that bit of the park, and I’m impressed with all the little details!

Oh and...

There are apparently water sprayers during the ride, but they weren't working today. Be warned if you visit later! :p