• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

The indoor queue line was closed yesterday, and they were loading all guests through the disabled entrance. Looked as if they had flooding earlier this week as there were a load of heaters, and it smelt of fresh paint.

I had another ride on GG yesterday and during the police chase scene, I noticed that the projector screen had a small rip on the right hand side of it which is a shame considering how recently the ride opened. The gold detailing on the sides of the ride vehicles has also already started to come off quite severely in some cases. Other than that though, I must say it's a really enjoyable little ride that's let down by the area that it's located in.

Typical Merlin formula: Let the designers do what they want, get a quote, allocate the budget at 1/10th of what it should be, watch as it falls to bits. Rinse. Repeat.

Bump!

Towers have released the ride lineup for the Christmas event, and all TWoDW rides bar Flavio's are included. :)

It was the one flat I was hoping would stay as a permanent addition. They better be doing something with Walliams World, just imagine Flavios gone and nothing else added, it would draw even more attention to how much of a car crash the whole area is.
Yeah hopefully Towers will make adding more rides to TWoDW a priority, although realistically I can see it being done as a "phase 2" in a year or two's time.

Last edited:
It was the one flat I was hoping would stay as a permanent addition. They better be doing something with Walliams World, just imagine Flavios gone and nothing else added, it would draw even more attention to how much of a car crash the whole area is.
I don't think it's at all likely, but there is of course nothing to stop the showman leasing the ride out again next year, or another sizzler type ride being leased or purchased to replace it (Zodiac at Thorpe Park style).

Went on Flavios for the 1st time today and with the queue line going by the old 4D cinema a lot of the plaster work is coming off the building and you can see the hard board behind.
I saw that too, and that won't be down to just the state of the building but also some lovely, well behaved child/teenager picking it off. Most plaster/masonry like that does need a helping hand to fall away as much as it has.

From the distance the theatre looks ok but 40 years of just repairing and lays of paint is showing signs on all the building in the area. Think it really needs the whole front removed and started again if the building gonna be used again. So many unused or not used that often on that side.
Even the goods in the shop are over priced so I doubt anyone will buy anything in there that’s available for a lot cheaper online or in the shops.

All the buildings in that area need their facades re-rendered and rethemed as a minimum. I don't think they need to go as far as starting again but more significant work is clearly required than just filler and paint. These façades were originally beautifully designed Victorian building fronts. Now they just look like flat render with layers and layers of different coloured paint layered on over the decades. It's shameful when you think of how this area once looked.

Last edited: