• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park guilty pleasures

- Crazy Bats at Phantasialand is admirable on how awful it is compared to what is the rest of the park I couldn't help but smile when riding it.
It is dreadful, no doubt about it - but not as bad as the 15 minute overlay on Space Centre to create Temple of the Nighthawk. Shambolic - very much the Phantasialand of old!

v6mPtYQ.png

Hast du grüne Farbe? Ja!

BVDkAXb.png

I have plenty on my list but the one that stands out more than the rest is the Carousel of Progress at WDW. Its that bleeding catchy song that does it to you and you end walking around the park singing it all day.

I have plenty on my list but the one that stands out more than the rest is the Carousel of Progress at WDW. Its that bleeding catchy song that does it to you and you end walking around the park singing it all day.
Thanks for reminding me of another one of mine, because on the subject of catchy songs and WDW, I must admit that it’s a small world is another one of mine; I found it really sweet!

Sorry to revive this thread after a few months dormant, but I just thought of two other ones, and interestingly, both are roller coasters by Mack:
  • Avalanche at Blackpool Pleasure Beach: I know this Mack bobsled coaster might be a bit basic by modern standards, but I must admit that I personally find it far too much fun! I love the way that it keeps building up pace as it goes on (it’s surprisingly pretty fast by the end!), it has a surprising amount of airtime for a ride of its type and scale, including a pretty forceful pop at the end, and on the whole, it’s just very simple, but very fun! On the whole, I feel like I like Avalanche a lot more than I should; it’s my 2nd favourite coaster in Blackpool behind only Icon, and only narrowly misses my top 20 (to be exact, it’s my #21)!
  • Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: On to something a bit newer now, Slinky Dog Dash is a family launch coaster from Mack Rides, and I must admit that I was very, very pleasantly surprised with Slinky; I went in with very low expectations following some slightly subdued initial reviews and POVs that didn’t exactly do it much justice, but I must admit that I found it a huge amount of fun! I must admit that in spite of there being 1 or 2 dead spots on the ride (I’m thinking of the bits after the two launches where it barely makes it over), the ride is surprisingly quick and dynamic for a ride of its size, with some very fun pops of airtime and some surprisingly nippy transitions! In typical Mack fashion, the ride is also very smooth and rerideable, with only a slight bit of rattle in portions that didn’t detract from the experience whatsoever. I feel like I shouldn’t like Slinky anywhere near as much as I do, given that with the theming and toys littered around, it almost feels as though it’s aimed more at younger kids, but I must admit that the ride I had on it was very fun, and the whole thing really put a smile on my face! As with Avalanche, it also only narrowly misses my top 20 (it currently sits at my #24 spot); I really feel like it shouldn’t, but I found it very fun!

I have no shame (well I do but I crush it into a corner and tell it to go away.) Is it still a guilty pleasure at that point?

I have no shame (well I do but I crush it into a corner and tell it to go away.) Is it still a guilty pleasure at that point?
I’m not really sure; by guilty pleasures, I’m talking about rides you feel as though you shouldn’t like as much as you do.

Sorry to bump this thread however I have one to add, Rollercoaster at great Yarmouth pleasure beach. I have always liked this ride since I was a kid. I love that fact it has a break-man and I love the way its designed right along the seafront. I have always had a thing for theme park history and this is just a ride I have always taken a liking too despite its somewhat bland layout. It always gets me laughing and I always have a great time on it. Probably more than I should, so I thought I'd add it too this thread. I just wish it had a decent name.

The Wicker Man pre-show.
Not a guilty pleasure by any means, I’d argue; many like it, myself included!

And based on the post @John made in the 2021 thread, it would appear I may have been wrong about its impact on operations!

My guilty pleasure are the snails at Great Yarmouth, always loved them as a kid and still love them 5 decades later as a big kid.

Which snails? Well they have the ones at Joyland and the ones at the Pleasure Beach, I love them both

Seems like I'm bumping another thread.
My guilty pleasure is Dark Forest; I actually like it!