Theme park guilty pleasures

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Matt N, 21st Dec 2020.

1. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    It is dreadful, no doubt about it - but not as bad as the 15 minute overlay on Space Centre to create Temple of the Nighthawk. Shambolic - very much the Phantasialand of old!

[​IMG]

Hast du grüne Farbe? Ja!

[​IMG]

2. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

At least the doors have stayed closed and on at towers, looking at you WDW

3. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I have plenty on my list but the one that stands out more than the rest is the Carousel of Progress at WDW. Its that bleeding catchy song that does it to you and you end walking around the park singing it all day.

D4n and Matt N like this.
  4. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Thanks for reminding me of another one of mine, because on the subject of catchy songs and WDW, I must admit that it’s a small world is another one of mine; I found it really sweet!

MattyH likes this.
  5. Burbs

Burbs TowersStreet Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Any bad dark ride for me. :p

Matt N likes this.
  6. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Sorry to revive this thread after a few months dormant, but I just thought of two other ones, and interestingly, both are roller coasters by Mack:
    • Avalanche at Blackpool Pleasure Beach: I know this Mack bobsled coaster might be a bit basic by modern standards, but I must admit that I personally find it far too much fun! I love the way that it keeps building up pace as it goes on (it’s surprisingly pretty fast by the end!), it has a surprising amount of airtime for a ride of its type and scale, including a pretty forceful pop at the end, and on the whole, it’s just very simple, but very fun! On the whole, I feel like I like Avalanche a lot more than I should; it’s my 2nd favourite coaster in Blackpool behind only Icon, and only narrowly misses my top 20 (to be exact, it’s my #21)!
    • Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios: On to something a bit newer now, Slinky Dog Dash is a family launch coaster from Mack Rides, and I must admit that I was very, very pleasantly surprised with Slinky; I went in with very low expectations following some slightly subdued initial reviews and POVs that didn’t exactly do it much justice, but I must admit that I found it a huge amount of fun! I must admit that in spite of there being 1 or 2 dead spots on the ride (I’m thinking of the bits after the two launches where it barely makes it over), the ride is surprisingly quick and dynamic for a ride of its size, with some very fun pops of airtime and some surprisingly nippy transitions! In typical Mack fashion, the ride is also very smooth and rerideable, with only a slight bit of rattle in portions that didn’t detract from the experience whatsoever. I feel like I shouldn’t like Slinky anywhere near as much as I do, given that with the theming and toys littered around, it almost feels as though it’s aimed more at younger kids, but I must admit that the ride I had on it was very fun, and the whole thing really put a smile on my face! As with Avalanche, it also only narrowly misses my top 20 (it currently sits at my #24 spot); I really feel like it shouldn’t, but I found it very fun!

Posted 7th Mar 2021
  7. Poisson

Poisson TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Giant Squid
    I have no shame (well I do but I crush it into a corner and tell it to go away.) Is it still a guilty pleasure at that point?

Posted 7th Mar 2021
  8. Matt N

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I’m not really sure; by guilty pleasures, I’m talking about rides you feel as though you shouldn’t like as much as you do.

Posted 7th Mar 2021