• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme park related dreams you’ve had?

It’s so weird… most of my dreams are ones I either don’t remember or ones that are quite dull and lacking in detail, but every few months, I get thrown an absolute blinder that is both extremely weird and perturbingly detailed… I guess this was one of those.

I honestly haven’t been taking anything; I think it’s just the bizarre way my mind works…
Tbf I would find dreaming of @Ian and @Burbs pretty perturbingly detailed by their mere presence. Hope you’re feeling okay now!!!!!1!

I had a weird dream about Vampire at Chessington the other night. I’ve not been on this coaster before, but I’ve seen plenty of footage so I have an idea of what it’s like. At one point it had a lift hill similar to G-Force that used to be at Drayton. The cars were also back to back, so some riders were riding backwards. I was sat opposite one of my kids and they hated it. The whole thing was bizarre.

I won’t be expecting such a weird and wild ride when I go on it in a few weeks time.

Had a dream last night I went to my first meet and there were two rides at Towers I had somehow never heard of and everyone was baffled as to how I hadn't. One was a wild mouse style ride but much faster and intense, and the other was a spiderman themed ride I can only best describe by saying imagine an RMC single rail coaster but the restraints were human sized metal spidermen that you got strapped to... Weirder still the restraints on the wild mouse ride were two bars on either side that you pulled round over yourself and clung onto for dear life. In the dream people were known to get thrown off this ride and apparently that was absolutely fine, and when I was on it I was sat with someone from the meet (idk who) and he had to try and stop me from being thrown out by clinging onto me when I couldn't hold the bars down, but it didn't work and I was chucked right out! Good job whoever you were!:mad::p

I had another dream last night. Thankfully, this one wasn’t quite as much of an acid trip as some of my previous ones, but it was still a bit weird…

My family and I were driving along a motorway in Italy (we've never been on a family holiday to Italy…), and for some reason, my mum was driving (it’s usually my dad who drives when it’s all 4 of us, particularly if we’re abroad). We drove past a road sign that said “Gardaland: 10 miles”. I go “Ooh, there’s a road sign going towards Gardaland, the biggest theme park in Italy!”. My family initially reacted in the usual way they react whenever we see a theme park road sign in the UK on the way to somewhere else; they went “Oh, fun!”, shrugged and continued on with our journey. However, this is where it began to get weird… we travelled up the motorway for a few more miles, but things then took an unexpected turn, and this experience turned from a leisurely drive into something befitting of a James Bond film…

My mum, completely unprovoked, suddenly did the most spectacular u-turn you’ve ever seen in the middle of this busy motorway, put her foot down like mad, and started driving in the direction of the Gardaland road signs. My dad and older sister, for completely inexplicable reasons, suddenly flew out of the car through some sort of ejector seat mechanism. I looked at my mum, concerned that my dad and older sibling had randomly disappeared from the car, but she didn’t look fazed at all; she said “F*** ‘em; we’ll come back for them later”. At this point, she suddenly started driving like a rally driver; the speedometer was at well over 100mph, she was weaving in and out of traffic, weaving between lanes, she was jumping over cars… this was some insane driving, particularly given that my mum is a very safe driver in real life! I asked her why she had suddenly changed tack and started driving crazily, and she said “Son, you and I need to go to Gardaland together!”. We then continued to speed down the road together in what was by far the most insane piece of driving I’ve ever experienced… it was spectacular, but insane!

We eventually arrived at Gardaland and got out of the car… but not before she sped into the car park and did a load of donuts around it, still travelling solidly over 100mph. She then stopped rapidly with a perfectly executed handbrake turn, and we got out of the car right outside the entrance. None of the Gardaland staff even batted an eyelid at the fact my mum had just sped into the car park, drove at an insane speed round it or had parked somewhere that definitely wasn’t a parking space, so we had a speedy and efficient entry process.

Once we were inside Gardaland, it was strange… because even though I was talking about correct Gardaland ride names, like Raptor and Oblivion The Black Hole, the park did not look like any photos or videos I’ve ever seen of Gardaland. It was instead a blend of Drayton Manor and Warwick Castle; for the most part, the park was a spitting image of Drayton Manor (but with all the signs and ride names in Italian), but had Warwick Castle itself randomly plonked in the middle of it, along with the Horrible Histories maze from Warwick Castle and the show where the performer shows off and demonstrates old weapons (he was shouting “This… is a BIG AXE!” as we walked by… that’s an actual line from this Warwick Castle show that I remember. I can’t remember what the show was called, but it definitely used to run at Warwick when I was a child, and that line was definitely part of the spiel). This all seemed perfectly normal to me in my dream, however…

Now when we entered the park, we didn’t actually go on any rides… my mum needed the toilet as soon as we entered. But she wasn’t content with any old toilet, oh no… there was this “special toilet” that she was intent on using. The ones right by the park entrance weren’t good enough… she went to great lengths to find this “special toilet”, and we spent about an hour staring at the park map and walking around trying to find it. Eventually, we found the special toilet… it was in this Tudor house, and we had to walk up a tiny ladder and crawl through these tiny spaces to use it. She used it and walked out saying “10/10; totally lived up to the hype! I’m happy we came to this park just for that!”. Then I went in… and it was like one of those Medieval toilets you see in old castles, where it basically consists of a hole that drops directly into a river.

Sadly, I then woke up before we could go on any rides… that was a strange one, and a lot longer than I’d expected it to be when I started writing!

I had an interesting theme park dream last night. It was a school trip to Europa Park except it didn't look anything like the real-life park. Anyway, the main attraction was rather weird. It had dark green Schwartzkopf track, and it was a dive coaster but it didn't drop you 90 degrees because the trains didn't have spring-loaded wheels. It also had a vertical loop after the drop. It for some reason ended with you getting off the cars(which looked similar to Olympia Looping's) and jump onto a body slide section for the last 10 seconds. It also was not a full-circuit attraction. I have no clue how the cars would be transported back to the station in hindsight, but that's just dreams for you.
In my dream, I queued up for row 12, but people barged in front of me, which meant that I had to go on row 14 (the back). I sat on the back left, with nobody next to me. However, the restraint did not lock although I pushed it down all the way, and the coaster started with me not securely fastened.
I somehow managed to hold on and prevented myself from falling out through out the duration of the rollercoaster by forcing the over the shoulder restraint down. Then it was time for the body slide section. The person in front did not manage to make the transition (it was quite a big leap) and fell to the grass below, where paramedics were helping multiple people who also did not make it (in hindsight,the people who did not make the transition fell approximately 10 metres), with Roland watching nearby for some reason. I managed to make the transition to the body slide section, which was very windy and surprisingly boring, and at the end of the ride I woke up.

A big part of my dream last night involved Alton Towers. I drew a few simple pictures for better explaining (and it took longer than I wanted). Just click the spoiler.
Not so much further from the entrance was a long street [picture #1] Left and right were shops, supermarkets and other kind of things that don't really belong in a theme park. Even a shopping mall. I found it very ugly. In the middle was The Smiler located. It has a much smaller footprint than in real life. To my surprise there were a lots of people in the queue. Mostly teenagers. The sign at the front said the waiting time is 190 minutes. I thought I could try again at a later time or the next day (note: my real life plans: I want to visit two weekdays). There was also Oblivion in this section but it wasn't a coaster but rather a drop tower. The weird part: After the gondola dropped down the whole tower took a turn at certain degree [picture #2]. At my position at this street I couldn't really see how far it would go or what happens next [picture #3].
I kept walking and I reached the area where Nemesis is located [picture #4]. The coaster is closed obv. There was big construction site. Fences, scaffholding and so on. And a big cover blocked the view. Just a little track on the right can be seen. I tried to make some pictures from afar but there were also trees and bushes in the way. But I found a few track pieces at my side. The lake wasn't really a lake but a flooding. It even flooded a section of the track. And I found a piece laying on the ground. A few other guests also took pictures/selfies of this track piece. At this area was also a railyway line. It was quite dangerous because about every minute a train was coming and no warning or fences. I also saw a kid almost getting hit by a big train. This rail was also getting used by the small and slowly park train to get around the park [picture #5]. But instead of seats the train had simple plates, only enough space for one person and no things to hold on.
Near Nemesis was another coaster. It was supposed to be Rita, but it was like a combination of Rita and some other space-like looking coaster. It looked kind of a coaster you can find on a fair. The queue was also full, but I wanted to try it anyway. The first passage was very very narrow and uncomfortable.
That's it. I can't remember something else.

AT_dream_street.pngAT_dream_Oblivion1.pngAT_dream_Oblivion2.pngAT_dream_nemmy.pngAT_dream_train.png

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I had another theme park dream not that long ago... it wasn't nearly as much of an acid trip as some of my previous ones, but it was still interesting!

Basically, my dad and I were riding Nemesis at Alton Towers together. Everything was fine and dandy to begin with, but the ride stalled on the overbank after the loop and began rolling back. The train rolled back and forth as rides typically do when they stall... but bizarrely, it didn't lose any momentum whatsoever. It just kept rolling back and forth to the same height at each end, ad infinitum.

What was really weird, however, was the way in which the ride staff proposed getting us off the ride. Their approach to safety was phenomenally lax compared to real life... my dad and I were casually encouraged to unbuckle our seatbelts, lift up our OTSRs, and try to jump off the train! The park's thinking behind this was that because the overbank went over the queue (the queue was a little further right than it is in real life, and a small part of the entry into the overbank went over it), we'd land straight back into the queue for another ride if we managed to time our jumps correctly...

Me and my dad couldn't bring ourselves to jump, though, and the ride staff got increasingly angry with us, shouting things like "COME ON, DO IT FOR YOUR DAD!". The most bizarre part, however, is that Keith Allen from the 1990s Blackpool Pleasure Beach documentary then turned up and started shouting at us. I distinctly remember him saying "IF YOU DON'T JUMP OFF THE RIDE THIS SECOND, I'LL BASH YOUR HEAD IN!", similar to what he said to a child driving a Grand Prix car in the real documentary (albeit he was shouting at them for driving the car too slowly in real life)...

It wasn't quite as much of an acid trip as some of the previous ones, but it was still a strange dream, for sure...

Sorry to double post, but I had another weird theme park dream last night! How strange that I don’t have one for ages and then have two in fairly short succession…

Anyhow, the dream was about The Curse at Alton Manor at Alton Towers. I dreamed that the ride had opened and people were getting on it… and it was strange, to say the least. As it turned out, the “never before seen special effects” were live animals! For instance, one scene had a lion in it, and the park was very proud to announce that you actively risked being mauled to death by a lion within the ride! I’m not sure what the relevance of the animals were, but there were quite a few of them, and all were touted as being “murderous”… the ride had a horror circus-style vibe about it, but other than that, I’m not sure how animals came into it.

That’s not the strangest part, though… the strangest part happened when Alton Towers held an enthusiast event for the opening of the ride. That in itself is not that strange, but for some reason, the park insisted on having a full-blown funeral for Duel. The park wanted us to “pay [our] respects to our fallen comrade, Duel”, and it was a surprisingly somber affair. They even lowered one of the zombies into the ground while The Last Post played… although instead of firing cannons into the air alongside this piece of music, the park instead chose to play the Duel blaster sounds that reverberated around Gloomy Wood for 19 years, as well as the odd zombie scream from within the ride thrown in for effect…

Come to think of it, the park also did a “Haunted House or Duel?” quiz, where they played pieces of music from each ride and we had to guess which ride it was from. Although the answer was displayed prominently on the screen for each track, which kind of defeated the object…

Last edited:
I dreamt that Shockwave at Drayton Manor got a new train to run along side its stand up one. Nothing unusual about that except it was a train from an RMC raptor so not only was it a sit down but it was also single file so could only carry about 8 people at a time.

If anyone from DM is reading this, please don’t get any ideas! 🤣

I recently dreamt project horizon opened 2 years early and it was a Lego themed area 😆
I've dreamt about going to cedar point a lot simply because I want to go there so much.

I also remember a dream quite well where I was in line for the smiler, the ride was in the right place but for some reason I had to walk up like a 100 feet of stairs and the station was really high up.
however usually my dream just changes or I temporarily wake up before a ride starts because I don't think my brain can process the riding aspect whilst dreaming.

but this time the ride started and I went through about 10 inversions and after that there was like 20 little airtime hills before the brake run for some reason 😂

however usually my dream just changes or I temporarily wake up before a ride starts because I don't think my brain can process the riding aspect whilst dreaming.
Similar for me. I have 'ridden' rides in my dreams, but most of the time, I wake up before riding, especially if I am dreaming about Nemesis for some reason. I have been on Millennium Force in two separate dreams though.

Strange one early this morning - Dreamt they re tracked Nemesis but got rid of the helix all together so it curved straight into the zero g role. I came on here to check about it and the forum was in a crazed meltdown. Thankfully the alarm clock dragged me out.

I was visiting Towers this weekend, Nemesis started the day incomplete but by 12pm they had it all installed and ready.

I got on the second train after reopening, with new trains similar to Arrow suspended coaster trains but with only a lap bar.

The station set up completely changed and could block out any light.

Then you ended up upside down for the first section until the helix

Don't remember much else but it was an amazing ride.

Last night, I had a rather odd dream about The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure.
As far as I can remember, the station was the same, however the ride itself was far darker in theme.
I can't remember how it went exactly, but there were quite a lot of jump scares (weirdly quite a few of them looked a lot like the dolls in the finale of Alton Manor).
One room I remember clearly is a 'wind room' before the drop, with the Gruffalo behind blowing the wind at you. The said wind was actually quite strong!
The drop was the same, except the Gruffalo by the picture area had green eyes.
The finale had a lot of Gruffalo's Children jumping out at you and the finale involved you going into the mouth of the Gruffalo.

I think I must be quite lucky as I have Theme park related dreams all the time - at least once a week! They are mostly quite abstract - and usually involve me visiting 'some form' of one of the 3 main UK Merlin parks, Chessington, Thorpe or Alton, namely because they were fixtures of my childhood and adolescence!

But like i say they - they are 'versions of' - and quite abstract i.e. I once had a dream Chessington was in like a multistory building with a different land on each level. or that Thorpe was underground and you had to go down this big tube slide to get to it!

And often they feature extinct rides - or versions of - for example I had one where I was riding thunder looper - but it was stand-up - and all you had to hold onto was rope! - and it was right in the middle of the Alton towers gardens lol.

yeah I've dreamt up some weird and wonderful rides and attractions in my Dreams haha.

I dreamt that I took my parents to DLP and left them in the gift shop to go and do a ride (can't remember which), when I met up with them again my mum had bought and was wearing a pair of Mickey ears but they were square and had SPQR written on each ear. Think I must have got DLP mixed up with Parc Asterix where I'll be going in just over a week's time!

I have theme park stems, from time to time. But I guess this one has to be one of the most touching perhaps.

I recently lost my grandpa, who I was close to and use to visit parks such as Legoland with, when I was younger.

In this dream, I'm visiting Legoland with him. Although he doesn’t go on any of the rides, he watches as I experience them and we walk around various areas such Duplo, miniland and the city area.

At the end of dream, we’re back at the park entrance and a taxi has arrived to take me back. However he can’t go back with me and has to stay at the park. So I say my farewells and head off in the taxi.

This dream happened a few months after his passing and the day after my Nan (on the same side) also passed on. A strange coincidence?

Had one last night. Got on board a spinning wild mouse, but it was a stand-up version, and the restraints kinda resembled something like a toilet seat with extra padding. No shoulder restraints, which seemed a bit odd. Next thing I knew, the other people in my car had disappeared, and the car was no longer on the track. I then went back over to the station, while still in the ride car, and was somehow able to do so without any real difficulty at all. Not sure what the hell was going on. :p

I had a very weird theme park dream last night…

Basically, I went to ride what I know having woken up to be Hyperia at Thorpe Park (it had exactly the same layout and elements). However, it was called “Jungle Coaster”, was painted blue and green, and was at “SeaWorld Abu Dhabi”… although for some reason, “Abu Dhabi” turned out to be Cribbs Causeway in Bristol.

I got dropped off there by my family while they went to the cinema and shopping mall opposite, and I went to the entrance to buy my ticket… where I was very enthusiastically greeted by a park staff member, as you are. This staff member was trying to sell me a ticket when all of a sudden, they stared at me and went very quiet before leaning over and shouting in my ear “are you a THOOSIE, my good sir?”. I said “yes”, and they then got discernibly more excited and chirped “Well, we have to give you the 50% THOOSIE discount! And we must escort you to meet the other THOOSIES! It’s so exciting that we have another THOOSIE visiting us today!”. (For clarity, the reason I keep capitalising the word THOOSIE is because the staff member was putting significant emphasis upon it!)

After that little encounter, I eventually got my ticket and went through the turnstiles. As I scanned my ticket at the turnstile, it yelled out “THOOOOOSIE!” with the “oo” sound being elongated and pronounced in a manner not dissimilar to that of a cow mooing…

When I was in the park, the staff member from before reappeared and escorted me to meet the other “thoosies”… and it only gets more bizarre from here. The other “thoosies” were all cloaked figures, with their faces replaced by some recognisable forum profile pictures from the forums I frequent! I was introduced to the “thoosies” and we exchanged pleasantries for a few minutes before we all went towards “Jungle Coaster” to ride it. However, we did not ride it before we “initiated it”, engaging in some bizarre cult ritual that involved bowing down to the ride repeatedly, a long period of throat singing and banging drums around a bonfire, and then bowing down repeatedly to the “almighty father of coasters”, which was right next to it and had somehow migrated to Abu Dhabi/Bristol… Octonauts at Alton Towers.

After this ritual, we got in the queue for “Jungle Coaster”… some in the group were riding it for the first time, while others had already ridden it and were moaning about how it “didn’t hold a candle to Octonauts”. The queue was long and slow, but we nearly got to the end. Row 12 (yes, “Jungle Coaster” had 6 cars compared to Hyperia’s 5, but I think that’s a relatively minor inaccuracy compared to most in this dream) was in my sights… but the “leader of the thoosies” suddenly got very sweary and shouted “F*** this; I can’t wait another second for my hour’s ERS on Octonauts! Come on, thoosies; let’s leave this queue and head to Octonauts! Jungle Coaster might be new and flashy, but our ERS on the almighty father can’t wait, motherf***ers!”. This was met with a chorus of emphatic whoops and cheers from the other “thoosies”… and then I woke up.

What a bizarre dream…