• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

Definitely, I just wonder whether the current perpetrator is doing the same thing. All law breaking aside, the accused all seem to have form for manipulative behaviour.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
One in particular just from the allegations appears to be extremely manipulative.

Sounds like they are trying to hide what they have done, and they will do anything to keep it hidden.

Sounds like they are trying to hide what they have done, and they will do anything to keep it hidden.
The issue is that we don't know what to believe. The perpetrator may be telling the truth, but which perpetrator is being referred to? Some have only one allegation against their name, one in particular has around 30 allegations made against them (all extremely similar in content).

Sounds like that person is lying about police involvement to make people think the police are already aware and they don't need to inform them. They'll be extremely nervous because they're worried someone will realise they are not telling the truth.

Sounds like a huge and unfair leap to make. The reactions here show why anyone would be nervous of being accused.

I just feel this has all come and gone in an extremely short period of time. The first dribs and drabs of information only started to come out at the start of July, and if I remember correctly you first posted over a week ago saying the case had been closed. I've also only seen one of the victims say they have spoken to the police, surely if there had been an in depth enquiry the police would have located and spoken to each of those accusing the perpetrator(s).

Again, why would there or could there have been an 'in depth enquiry' if they have no victims providing any evidence. What could they possibly investigate that could take any time at all?

Again, why would there or could there have been an 'in depth enquiry' if they have no victims providing any evidence. What could they possibly investigate that could take any time at all?

Would the police have not contacted each one of those making the accusations? After all, there were 30 of them.

Also, there is evidence in the form of screenshots, videos, photos...unless the police deem that to not be conclusive?

Would the police have not contacted each one of those making the accusations? After all, there were 30 of them.

Also, there is evidence in the form of screenshots, videos, photos...unless the police deem that to not be conclusive?

Of course they would make reasonable attempts to contact them, but as you've said it appears anecdotally that none have reported or engaged with the police and if all that's given is a name or social media profile it's unlikely the police can know easily who these people might be. A couple of hours work to bottom that out tops if noone engages.

So then we are back to the same place. What investigation can they do? What crime are they investigating? If those screenshots or messages have been presented by a victim or witness who created or received them and is a victim there's something to work with. If not you have nothing to investigate.

That information though would be held as intelligence certainly, and in that sense investigation into the a suspect lasts forever. If someone makes complaints against the same person in the future that intelligence could potentially be used in some way.

It appears to me you are reading things into the nature and circumstances of the (lack of?) investigation that are not there to be read. Exactly why I said from my very first post on the matter that Twitter is not the place to make these reports, the police station is.

Of course they would make reasonable attempts to contact them, but as you've said it appears anecdotally that none have reported or engaged with the police and if all that's given is a name or social media profile it's unlikely the police can know easily who these people might be. A couple of hours work to bottom that out tops if noone engages.

So then we are back to the same place. What investigation can they do? What crime are they investigating? If those screenshots or messages have been presented by a victim or witness who created or received them and is a victim there's something to work with. If not you have nothing to investigate.

That information though would be held as intelligence certainly, and in that sense investigation into the a suspect lasts forever. If someone makes complaints against the same person in the future that intelligence could potentially be used in some way.

It appears to me you are reading things into the nature and circumstances of the (lack of?) investigation that are not there to be read. Exactly why I said from my very first post on the matter that Twitter is not the place to make these reports, the police station is.
I'm more trying to understand why the alleged perpetrator is using the wording "case closed" when it appears there hasn't been much of a case in the first place.

Plus, if the information is held as intelligence like you say, is the case ever truly fully closed?

I'm more trying to understand why the alleged perpetrator is using the wording "case closed" when it appears there hasn't been much of a case in the first place.

Plus, if the information is held as intelligence like you say, is the case ever truly fully closed?

I imagine to the lay person, if you are not formally under investigation then the 'case is closed'. If a matter is not actively under investigation then to all intents and purposes it is closed. That's different to not existing for consideration in the future.

I'm sure you'd consider that the case if say, you were accused of something, the police made you aware they were looking into it and then told you they were taking 'no further action'. They are the wrong words (a case is for consideration at court which comes later on in a crime investigation), and in theory every* investigation is never fully closed as if new evidence comes to light it can be reconsidered. Every person interviewed for an offence who has no further action taken against them is made aware of that, but at that point surely you've got to consider that you've got away with something or were not going to be falsely convicted of an offence whatever the truth of the matter was. To think otherwise would surely drive you insane.

The perpetrator is unlikely to have idea of the extent of an investigation. If they've had evidence put to them they'd obviously know that has been gathered, but other than what's put to you you would have no idea of what investigation has or has not occurred.

*every indictable offence. Summary only offences have a time limit for prosecution of 6 months after which no action can be taken.

I have really enjoyed their latest trip around Europe. It has been interesting to see the way different parks have dealt with reopening with the corona crisis. I feel like the format of just the two of them is working really well. As mentioned I've tried other channels and thanks to people who mentioned others, but I've not found any that have really clicked with me yet. I think TPW is the one that has the best balance of enthusiast vs just young people entertainment, where as many of the others go too far in either direction for me.

Its amazing how low the visitors numbers to Disneyland Paris is at the moment. I guess they really don't want the bad publicity of a outbreak linked back to them,

Conversely I feel that the amount of visitors to Alton Towers is way too high, but that's just my opinion.

You are probably right on that mark. They will be reducing from their overall capacity not from their average numbers. Well, they can enjoy the bad publicity at their leisure.

Its amazing how low the visitors numbers to Disneyland Paris is at the moment. I guess they really don't want the bad publicity of a outbreak linked back to them,

Is it the strict limit or will people simply not pay the prices and/or travel all that way for a watered down end product?

We usually go every other year to DLP and we won't be going back whilst things are this way. It's not the Disney experience. Not their fault I get it but without parades, fireworks and everything else it's an expensive trip.

Well Shawn told me his got a agreement with Charlotte that his gonna hopefully do a trip to Australia for his 30th and then they gonna get there own house and start a family. With living with his parents I bet his got a lot of savings as he posts videos every day with a average around 25000 views per video.

Is it the strict limit or will people simply not pay the prices and/or travel all that way for a watered down end product?

We usually go every other year to DLP and we won't be going back whilst things are this way. It's not the Disney experience. Not their fault I get it but without parades, fireworks and everything else it's an expensive trip.

Plenty of other parks around the world seem busy except DLP from Sean's blogs so I am thinking it is strict limits.

Well Shawn told me his got a agreement with Charlotte that his gonna hopefully do a trip to Australia for his 30th and then they gonna get there own house and start a family. With living with his parents I bet his got a lot of savings as he posts videos every day with a average around 25000 views per video.
Guess that'll be when he retires from youtube then. Even someone as Theme Park mad as Shaun will - i'm sure - want to spend time bringing up his kids.

Will one of them be called "Shammy B" by an chance? :)

Reactions: pj
I can guarantee that he will want to introduce his kids to roller coasters as soon as they are old enough, same as any coaster-mad parent. :)

It's not stopped Tim Tracker either.

Vloggers will continue going, especially if it's their primary or only source of income.
Or Coastersaurus. Their kid features in all their vlogs recently rode Smiler for the first time. :)