• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

I watched so many vloggers and no one can match what he does and I find his
Vlogs very informative where on the lift hills and thrills he and his m8’s just want to have a laugh.
I think he knows been 30 next year he won’t be able to travel as much when they move in together and start a family so can see him moving to more content on his adventure Shawn channel or he renames it again.

Shawn has definitely really stepped up a level recently, the amount of quality content he is putting out is phenomenal and he’s putting in some serious miles. Good on him that he’s getting some wider recognition now, such as this BBC piece, because he’s worked hard over the last few years to build the channel up and I think that he did some excellent and valuable work showcasing smaller UK parks, seasides, and attractions during the last two years given the pandemic period. I watch the TPWW uploads with my family and whilst I like it for the park and rides content my wife really enjoys it as just a good travel vlog. I think someone on here said that Shaun has elevated himself from just being a YouTube park vlogger to someone that can be considered an amusement park journalist. You can certainly see now that he’s being invited to lots of events worldwide now (such as the opening of Iron Gwazi or the behind the scenes opening event of Fonix at Farup Sommerland). For me TPWW and Expedition Theme Park are the two best channels out there for good engaging content.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this might be a controversial take, but I actually think I much prefer Shawn’s newer videos that he’s done since he refocused the channel to only focus on him and Charlotte. I was a keen TPW watcher before, but I’ll admit that I do find myself preferring his content now that it’s slightly more serious theme park journalism as opposed to the “group of mates messing about” dynamic that many of the older vlogs had.

This might just be me getting older, but I’ll admit that I’ve grown to prefer more serious opinion-based theme park journalism over the less serious, more “banter” filled videos that many vloggers produce, and I think that Shawn is now one of my favourite YouTubers for providing that type of content. Don’t get me wrong, I think other vloggers are great too, but I do like the professionalism of Shawn’s more recent content.

@Matt N did say his opinion would be controversial. 😉
I agree with him though, Shawn's content has improved massively over the last couple of years, and his videos are genuinely really informative and serious now. Also, as has been said, he can actually be quite critical of parks if there's something he doesn't like, unlike some vloggers that sing parks' praises no matter what they do. Shaun's vlogs aim to give people who might be thinking about visiting places information and an insight into them, rather than just being about a group of lads messing about and showing off.

I’ve been watching TPW regularly for about a year or so now. I must have started after the channel changed to feature just Shawn and Charlotte as I’ve not seen anyone else feature much. Anyway I’m not a person who follows a lot of YouTubers/influencers but if it’s something that I’m interested in and the account is genuinely informative, rather than constantly trying to sell me something, then I’ll watch them.

I’ve always found his vlogs to be informative. I don’t watch every single video, but if there’s a park I want to know more about or am planning on visiting, TPW is usually the channel I look at first. I can’t comment on whether the channel is better now than it was before as I haven’t been watching long enough to know, but I like the format as it currently is and the content Shawn and Charlotte have been putting out. He seems to always have an idea for a video up his sleeve and gets around a hell of a lot. They both seem like nice enough people at least on camera. Not smug or braggy, but happy to be there and enjoying sharing their experience with viewers. They’re also not afraid to point out areas where parks can make improvements but it’s often constructive criticism not just “this is bad”.

Last edited by a moderator:
I been to many new uk parks after watching his uk vlogs of 2020 as its hard to tell if a park is good from looking at a park map and Reading Tripadvisor. I spoken to Shawn many times and I was planning a behind the scenes tour with Shawn and Drayton Talk at Drayton Manor then the lockdown happened and the park was sold.

Shawn’s content is definitely more useful than Silkstone et al . If I wanted to mess around with my mates in a theme park … I’d go to a theme park with my mates.

TPWW has hit its 10 year anniversary this year, Shawn started out his channel out of a passion for the parks, unlike more recent contenders who are out to get special treatment and fans

A landlocked chippy sounds pretty grim. If you just want chips then fair I suppose, but I don't understand why anyone would want to travel all that way for something you can get in almost every town for the sake of a meme.

You say a landlocked one is bad, I've had the opposite experience and have struggled over the years to find a decent chippy in North Cornwall, surrounded by water! Plenty of decent chippies here in Sheffield and we are miles from the sea (but do have plenty of rivers)

Landlocked chippies and people moaning about their chip shops. Laughs in Fife if you know our history such as Anstruther. :cool:

I think the channel's brilliant - some great content and I've seen theme parks I'll probably never get to go to. Despite over 200+ visits to Alton, I still watch most of the Alton ones too! (I think it's a nice distraction from everyday life particularly when you need something positive to focus on).

Also gets me v excited for my trip to America (if and when it happens!)

He's a natural at presenting (he's gotten even better over the years), always cheerful, seems genuinely enthusiastic, and he has great chemistry with co-presenters.

Would love to see him do a storm chasers set of videos in the US.

Keep up the good work 👏

Last edited: