• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

If it wasn’t for his vlogs I wouldn’t have gone to the Milky Way theme park in 2018 and weather permitting I hope to go Crealy theme park and maybe the big sheep when Im in Devon at the end of August. It’s hard to judge a theme park from Pictures and a park map.

Crealy is a nice little park, nothing special but just...nice. We did it on The Misery Trip

If u think about it with Shawn vlogging both Adventure Cove and Vikings area for Drayton manor it’s free advertising for the park without having to do a thing and Shawn’s been paid by how many views them videos get and the ads.
And remember that he worked with Drayton when he did the construction updates for both Adventure Cove and Vikings.

I've also been watching quite a few of the TPW vlogs over the last year or so, and also some of the Adventure Shawn vlogs. Of course they vary, but generally speaking I do find them informative and entertaining and sometimes quite funny. In the recent vlog from PortAventura I thought Charlotte was hilarious on the rapids.

I also think Shawn is a very talented presenter. He makes it look easy. You only have to look at other vloggers to see that it's not easy. Good on him.

Out of interest, has anyone on here ever met Shawn or seen him at a park before?

I’ve never spoken to him (or at least, not in a “fan of the channel” way), but I’ve seen him at a park 3 times.

The first was in October 2015, when he was working the turnstiles at Alton Towers when we visited. He scanned my MAP, but I never actually said “I’m a huge fan of the channel” and struck up a conversation. I don’t think I ever even told my parents, come to think of it…

The second, and probably closest, encounter was in August 2019 at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. We were behind him in the queue for the Big One while he was filming, and we actually appeared in the background of his August 2019 Blackpool Pleasure Beach vlog… my dad boarded the Big One right behind him, so got within literal inches of him.

The third was in June 2021 at Alton Towers, where I saw him on the back row of Wicker Man. He didn’t put his hands down once, and he spent the whole ride whooping and cheering!

Out of interest, has anyone on here ever met Shawn or seen him at a park before?

I’ve never spoken to him (or at least, not in a “fan of the channel” way), but I’ve seen him at a park 3 times.

The first was in October 2015, when he was working the turnstiles at Alton Towers when we visited. He scanned my MAP, but I never actually said “I’m a huge fan of the channel” and struck up a conversation. I don’t think I ever even told my parents, come to think of it…

The second, and probably closest, encounter was in August 2019 at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. We were behind him in the queue for the Big One while he was filming, and we actually appeared in the background of his August 2019 Blackpool Pleasure Beach vlog… my dad boarded the Big One right behind him, so got within literal inches of him.

The third was in June 2021 at Alton Towers, where I saw him on the back row of Wicker Man. He didn’t put his hands down once, and he spent the whole ride whooping and cheering!
I met him at Scarefest 2020, and had a quick chat and a (socially distanced) photo with him and Charlotte. He was really nice. 🙂

I've seen him at Towers a few times, most recently on Good Friday. Don't think he was filming, just a nice visit to the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw him at towers this year; think it might have been opening weekend.

Also saw him at chessington the other week when he was filming his Mardi grrra! Vlog. My partner & kids were nearly in the background of part of it as they were in a queue behind where one of the performances was happening that he was filming at the time but they were just out of shot.

Never had the guts to approach him though even though it’s something he actively encourages in his videos, I’m shy and I’m worried about it being an awkward experience. Maybe one day I’ll say hi.

Last edited:
Saw him at towers this year; think it might have been opening weekend.

Also saw him at chessington the other week when he was filming his Mardi grrra! Vlog.

Never had the guts to approach him though even though it’s something he actively encourages in his videos, I’m shy and I’m worried about it being and awkward experience. Maybe one day I’ll say hi.
Yeah unlike some vloggers he is very happy for people to come up to him and is a genuinely nice bloke. Charlotte is a fair bit quieter and more shy, which is understandable.

Just (another) reminder that this thread is for discussion of Theme Park Worldwide as a social media channel and their content. A couple of posts have had to be removed/edited, please lets stick to the topic in hand and not continue to post things that are going to result in discussion that has already been covered multiple times in this thread and do not need going over again.

Thanks.

I spoke to Shawn many times when he worked to Alton Towers. You can tell even back then how much he loved his job and theme parks.
Most recent was at the Drayton Manor Auction when I was having a great laugh with him and Charlotte and we exchanged emails as we were talking about having a behind the scenes tour of Drayton Manor with his friends and members off the now closed Drayton Talk. Then the lockdown hit and he took his brand in a new direction.
I know Charlotte isn’t into theme parks as much as Shawn and don’t blame her for keeping her own job and seeing her friends while still going on a few of Shawn’s trips aboard.
I think he will do a mega Australia trip for his 30th birthday next year then will start cutting back on the trips aboard.