• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

I wasn't going against Shawn in this sense (I don't particularly watch vlogs because I'd rather look at the park than some gormless mugging), but that general sense for many areas of YouTube where people are positive over a product because it's been gifted or because they want freebies...

THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT
I see what you mean. I'm not sure that applies to Shaun though. He often shows the ticket buying process and says he's got an annual pass for such and such a park. I can only count a couple of times (while not as a "press" member for opening events) he's been actively invited to a park by the owners.

I Like TPWW and I would of never of even thought to go to scarefest at the towers this year if it was not for his vlogs on them from previous years. I was also watching one of his vlogs from blackpool this year when he went with LW which sort of makes me want to go in 2019 so i guess his vids work.

He is a full on geek and he seems to really enjoy what he does, he prob gets the odd free pass here and there and a bit of youtube $ and good for him for been able to have his hobby pay for itself a little bit.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'd be intrigued to know; is anyone watching Shawn's USA Road Trip vlog series? I am, and I must say I'm really enjoying them; nice to see Shawn's opinions on some of the USA parks! However, I should mention that I personally think that some of his vlogs from the trip have a somewhat different tone to them in comparison to some of his other vlogs, and I can't quite put my finger on why; would anyone else agree?

They're a different tone because he's not actually enjoying himself, just putting it on for the camera. His schedule for this trip was ridiculous, and even the most passionate enthusiast can't enjoy long days at theme parks on virtually zero sleep, for weeks on end.

The content from this trip isn't great to be honest, it's not that fun watching someone whinge their way around a theme park, regardless of who / where it is.

Is there a schedule, or written reports from Theme Park Worldwide? Am kind of curious but don't fancy watching the videos :p

Is there a schedule, or written reports from Theme Park Worldwide? Am kind of curious but don't fancy watching the videos :p
He's already back from the UK, and I'm afraid you'll have to watch the vlogs for his opinions; he really doesn't give much away outside of the vlogs! If you like, I can give you some of his opinions if you're that interested and don't want to watch the videos!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'd be intrigued to know; is anyone watching Shawn's USA Road Trip vlog series? I am, and I must say I'm really enjoying them; nice to see Shawn's opinions on some of the USA parks! However, I should mention that I personally think that some of his vlogs from the trip have a somewhat different tone to them in comparison to some of his other vlogs, and I can't quite put my finger on why; would anyone else agree?
I'm watching them too. I think he's suffering because of a stupid schedule and poor experience from the six flags parks

Georgia to Dollywood is a good 4/5 hour drive if I recall... About the same to Carowinds...

That's not even the worst part of his trip! Looking at the list of vlogs it could be one of the worst planned USA trips I've ever seen!

I did 14 parks in 14 days in Germany before, with all the driving factored in, it's tiring unless you do things at a slow pace (which with many European parks, you can)... Since most US parks are ridiculous cred days at best of times, with 10 hour openings and ridiculous heat, it messes you up... I've been cranky on a week in Florida, let along his nonsensical schedule...

@Benzin I think the longest drive of his trip was Cedar Point to Dollywood, clocking in at roughly 8 hours! The crazy part is, they left Cedar Point at 11pm, got to Dollywood at 7am and then went in the park for a full day a couple of hours later! I'd say I'm a pretty passionate theme park enthusiast, but even I'd have to factor full days for travelling into Shawn's schedule! For some idea of my tiredness threshold, I didn't sleep at all on the plane home from Florida in April, and I was close to falling asleep on the table by about 5pm that afternoon! And that was at home, so I dread to think what it would have been like visiting a theme park for a full 12-hour day!

On the flip side, I suppose a theme park might energise you a little with all those g-forces!

It's stupid what he's done for this trip, and quite frankly dangerous. 2 hour alternating naps in the car are not going to keep you awake enough to be safely driving, and you'll be too tired to enjoy yourself. Think the problem is he decided to do a massive cred hunt rather than enjoying the parks. I'd much rather do half the parks, but spend a couple of days at a few of the larger ones, with rest days in between. To me, the the Kings Island shutting early came as a massive overreaction.

I agree with all posts above. I don't believe this trip was very well thought out at all.

Even I've been looking into doing a USA road trip (quite a few of the parks they've ticked off!) and it's so easy to make a long list of parks before actually looking at travel times - yes, it's so tempting to tick off as many creds as possible. Sometimes you've gotta draw the line and actually work out which parks will be the most feasible for travel time etc. Segment the US parks into sections and you can do it without having to suffer from tiredness.

I'm watching the road trip vlogs as well. I agree that the tone is different. He looks like hes really struggling with his chest. Alex isnt featured much at all.

It's a shame his mood seems to be clouding judgement on certain parks and coasters.

Eg Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Both of them didn't enjoy Iron Rattler at all, but most people rate that as a very good RMC. Same with Lightning Rod.

It's a shame his mood seems to be clouding judgement on certain parks and coasters.

Eg Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Both of them didn't enjoy Iron Rattler at all, but most people rate that as a very good RMC. Same with Lightning Rod.

He doesnt seem very impressed with most of the coasters to be honest. It's a shame.

Thanks Matt it's okay I'll probably take a look at some point if I'm bored on YouTube :D

Driving through the night is crazy and pretty dangerous IMO. I see no benefit to it, take the trip slow enough and stay in a hotel (or at least a sleeper train!) each night.

To take the Cedar Point to Dollywood example, there's a bunch of small parks between those, seems crazy to do that in one night rather than during the day and perhaps visit something else on the way

The frequency of his videos these days is crazy; it must be several per week. How long can you do that and still find it enjoyable?

I think he should slow down a bit for his own sanity and to avoid killing his hobby.

YouTube practically requires daily uploads of videos around ten minutes each otherwise they remove you from recommended videos which is where the big ad revenue is made. He is, to quote a saying "satisfying the algorithm" with multiple uploads per week.

Has he also got lots of thumbnails with a mouth open shocked look from someone in? That's another thing the algorithm likes.

He tries to do everything as cheaply as possible. He's clearly not willing to pay for a nice comfy hotel instead finding cheap accomodation and sleeping in the car.

Or maybe he does genuinely differ in opinion to most people? Shawn's opinion is Shawn's opinion, after all, although I must admit that I was a tad surprised to see him rank the likes of Mystery Mine and Tennessee Tornado ahead of Lightning Rod, amongst other opinions, this trip...

Reactions: pj