• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

The building looks really nice in person, despite its typical Merlin theme it does look nice and very detailed in places.

It is a shame they have left the tin shed on the left, but in person it blends in to X and you don't really notice it.

The cattlepen looks horrible however, it also seems there will be two green screen/photo points in the queue line.

I do like the entrance though, and it looks like they have used actual bricks!

Given the high cost of the project could they have not spent an extra £1-2m to have the whole building themed on the exterior. The theming looks great on the one side, but the exposed warehouse around the rest really ruins the effect.

Given the support structure over the Smiler's toilets over less than £100k, I think £1 million is asking a lot :p

Well well well... it looks like Thorpe couldn't even release the 12p tickets on time meaning they had gone before 10am. Jesus!

Lots of angry people on twitter and their facebook!

Think thorpe have just pulled the clanger of the season!
Noticed they released tickets at 9:55, so tried entering the code and then nothing loaded!

At least they said there were limited tickets this time, when they did a similar promotion for Blackpool Tower they didn't mention a limit and had to deal with a lot of very angry Blackpool people :p

But the issue is they're still lying! People were being told it had sold out as early as 9:45ish! The company really needs to be careful when they do these limited time competitions.

Well well well... it looks like Thorpe couldn't even release the 12p tickets on time meaning they had gone before 10am. Jesus!

Lots of angry people on twitter and their facebook!
Like me. I was very disappointed and still is. Some people got 20 tickets because they applied 5 times. Surely this is unfair for people like me who were told tickets were sold out!

How @ThemeParkCrafter ? I thought procedures were in place that an email could only be used once.

I know the normal customer services won't deal with complaints, they'll actually pass you over to the 12p team!

I suppose complaining is the only alternative but a lot of people got mislead today. Not great planning by the team and not the best start to heighten buzz of the campaign...

Like me. I was very disappointed and still is. Some people got 20 tickets because they applied 5 times. Surely this is unfair for people like me who were told tickets were sold out!
Didn't this happen with the Galactica previews as well, when some people got hold of about 10 tickets each, meaning it ran out instantly?

I managed to get tickets...

My dad managed to get tickets...
My Mum managed to get tickets...

My girlfriend managed to get tickets...
My neighbour/colleague managed to get tickets...

Thats 20 gone already
tongue.gif

Message on another forum. The system should have been you applied for 1 ticket.

Think they need to learn how to tell the time at Merlin HQ. Not surprised this has happened at all.

To be honest, nearly everyone in the industry is bad with releasing things. From valrvan's ride type to Derren Brown Ghost Train name to many others, it is very common.

On the other hand I've never had my mind blown quite like when Europa announced Wodan.

I don't see why Theme Parks should be any worse at releasing stuff than any other industry.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was done on purpose.

We are all talking about it, the public are talking about it and of course the papers and even news are talking about it! Meaning everyone will know about the new ride at Thorpe!

Publicity is good for then, even if the story is bad.

That was my thought exactly.

The park and their new attraction are now being advertised in a way that wouldn't have occurred had the promotion gone "as planned". Looks like a clear set-up to me.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was done on purpose.

We are all talking about it, the public are talking about it and of course the papers and even news are talking about it! Meaning everyone will know about the new ride at Thorpe!

Bad publicity is better than no publicity and most people won't care about missing the offer anyway tbh

Bad publicity is better than no publicity and most people won't care about missing the offer anyway tbh
Actually, a lot of people did care about missing the offer, and have made strong complaints through Thorpe's social media channels. If they didn't care then it wouldn't be all over the media... :p