• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Last year he was treating it like one of his shows or national 'experiments', right until around spring when it was meant to open, and then if I remember he made a small flippant remark on Twitter when it did actually open "after all the delays of a real train service" or something.

It's obvious he lost personal enthusiasm when he saw what had been created under his name. Not saying he doesn't have interest in it, he will at least have business interest in it and want his say to help improve it. I'm sure when the new version opens, he'll do his share of promotion for it.

But really this is all Merlin's project (/mess?) now - with Derren as an IP only. Kind of embarrassing when they had to get a hammy actor in an anagram name to replace him for the video promo...

Last year he was treating it like one of his shows or national 'experiments', right until around spring when it was meant to open, and then if I remember he made a small flippant remark on Twitter when it did actually open "after all the delays of a real train service" or something.

It's obvious he lost personal enthusiasm when he saw what had been created under his name. Not saying he doesn't have interest in it, he will at least have business interest in it and want his say to help improve it. I'm sure when the new version opens, he'll do his share of promotion for it.

But really this is all Merlin's project (/mess?) now - with Derren as an IP only. Kind of embarrassing when they had to get a hammy actor in an anagram name to replace him for the video promo...

https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/842060327281860608

You don't need to quote me on a scripted social media post he's in. He is obviously going to be involved to a degree with the ride's online promotion like I said. He would be contractually obliged to anyway, and Im sure he'll want to see it become more a success.

Just saying how different his involvement is now, much less the figurehead and much less personal association.

They will probably want to do everything to give the impression he is still behind it, even though he changed his tone a lot last summer in press and promotion to suggest most the ideas came from Merlin and he simply worked for them as a consultant.

On the other hand, these promotion videos at least show there is now a different team involved with the redesigned attraction, so hopefully a good sign of an alternative approach and learning from mistakes. :)

It's as if they saw me moaning he wasn't promoting it enough, as he's appeared in a few videos now!

Anyway seems the ride will open on 31st March!

We tested out our brand new terrifying VR scenes for Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon on some of the UK's most fearless people.

**Warning - NSFW**
They swear. Lots.
The doors will open on 31 March...

https://goo.gl/8r5M27

Not opening in time for the new season? Oh well, at least it makes the decision of what to head to first easier.

As if it wasn't enough that our every word is being monitored by GCHQ and the CIA, now we have Merlin spying on us as well?

... I have nothing to say to you that you haven't already seen me say, minions of Varney.

New signage

17332803_405379939838861_5215073067465703424_n.jpg

Hang about, that's not vinyl... they feeling ok?

Do we really think this is going to open on 31st March anyway? They can't even get a freakin Rockin Tug to open with the rest of the park.

A Rockin Tug ffs.