• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tivoli Gardens: General Discussion

I still haven't done a coaster with VR head sets (I'm hoping to do Galactica at some point early in the season). It does sound like Tivoli Gardens have chosen an interesting theme for their one. I know it was already themed to China, so it makes sense, but it also stands out from the crowd of VR coasters that mostly seem to be themed to space and fighter jets.

Of course what you guys have really been waiting for is the chance to ride an SLC with headsets. Well you can all sleep easy at night, knowing that from next season it will be possible. Kong at Discovery Kingdom is adding VR headsets:
http://www.coaster101.com/2017/02/08/galactic-attack-vr-discovery-kingdom-magic-mountain/

I still haven't done a coaster with VR head sets (I'm hoping to do Galactica at some point early in the season). It does sound like Tivoli Gardens have chosen an interesting theme for their one. I know it was already themed to China, so it makes sense, but it also stands out from the crowd of VR coasters that mostly seem to be themed to space and fighter jets.

Of course what you guys have really been waiting for is the chance to ride an SLC with headsets. Well you can all sleep easy at night, knowing that from next season it will be possible. Kong at Discovery Kingdom is adding VR headsets:
http://www.coaster101.com/2017/02/08/galactic-attack-vr-discovery-kingdom-magic-mountain/
You haven't missed anything :)

Controversial opinion perhaps, but Tivoli has a fair few rides that suck but look incredible.

What's wrong with Mondial Shakes, out of interest? They look perfectly fun to me! And Tivoli's version looks very nicely themed!

Bless. Go ride Commander and see if you still say that.

To put this in perspective for you, a Huss Breakdance is my number one flat ride, something I have on several occasions litterally spent hours riding without getting off.
...I have a very high spin tolerance...
By comparison, one ride on a Mondial Shake is enough to leave me sitting on the kurb with a splitting headache, nusring a bottle of water, sweating and unable to walk without fear of projectile vomiting my organs across the street for at least an hour.

Looks vom-tastic...

I'll stick to Rusty Banana should I return (I will cos its a fab little park)...

Sadly not, but I must admit that they look a lot more enjoyable than a Shake! Inverting on the roll axis rather than pitch is a very different sensation, after all.

Also, Huss <3

Looked a lot of fun when I visited but they had one arm running and the thing only held about 5 people so it wasn't worth the time queueing for it sadly.

An absolutely mega ride, so intense, the only thing that has made me evaluate my hobbies and wonder if I should take up gardening instead.

One of the few rides that I came off needing a sit down. A different beast and that was on the "tame" setting.

Will be a lot quieter round that area of the park without the propellers going.

Damn. That thing looked incredible, was always on my to do list.

I presume it's torn itself to pieces?