• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Toilets - A bit of a dump

Toilets in O'Mackays: Hot water!

Seems a mixed bag as to whether it was designed for hot or not.20220602_140908.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I'm also not fussed about hot water in toilets. As long as I can wash my hands I'm good.

Hot water isn't a biggie for me but if it's there, great.

Dryers blasting cold air irritates me. Useless.

The worst theme park toilet experience for me was at PortAventura, s**t smeared walls in a cubicle... maybe it was theming.

I generally find most public toilets disgusting, theme park or not. The best public toilets I find are ones you pay for.

Re: taps - I'd rather warm than freezing cold but one of the sinks in our office has a single tap with water so hot you can barely touch it, making it almost useless.

If EP didn't have cold water in the sinks you wouldn't be able to get drinking water anywhere and would be forced to pay €3/bottle - not ideal in summer.

All public toilets should have automatic taps. They're so much more hygienic and easier to use than manual (you turn it on and off) or semi-automatic (you turn it on but it turns off itself) taps.

Semi-automatic taps where you have to hold down the button for the water to come out are the worst. How am I supposed to wash my hands if I have to keep touching the button for the water to appear?!

Mutiny Bay toilets always irritate me. About 10 cubicles and 12 urinals. At each end, two or three sinks and only ONE dryer... 😒

Those push taps that don't stay on unless you're pressing them too... what's the point of that?

I also like that both have changing area and feeding areas for babies.
No, there should be feeding areas in restaurants. Would you want to eat in the toilets?
I’d also like to throw Six Flags Magic Mountain toilets into the discussion here.

They’re perfectly clean, but the size is grossly inadequate for a park of that size. Having only 3 cubicles in the toilets in your main plaza area, at a park which gets such big attendance is frankly ludicrous. Just one of many, many operational inadequacies at SFMM sadly.
I got confused by the signage and went in the womens at Magic Mountain I think, there was three doors, two for the womens so I walked past one entrance and went into the next to find that was womens too!

All public toilets should have automatic taps. They're so much more hygienic and easier to use than manual (you turn it on and off) or semi-automatic (you turn it on but it turns off itself) taps.

Semi-automatic taps where you have to hold down the button for the water to come out are the worst. How am I supposed to wash my hands if I have to keep touching the button for the water to appear?!
I think the majority at EP are the ones with sensors as far as I can remember. Some of the taps at towers are useless, you press the tap and the water comes off within 2 seconds.

I think the majority at EP are the ones with sensors as far as I can remember. Some of the taps at towers are useless, you press the tap and the water comes off within 2 seconds.
Ah that's good to know! They're got the right idea 🙂
Some of the taps at towers are useless, you press the tap and the water comes off within 2 seconds.
Yeah those are the ones I absolutely hate 😡

No, there should be feeding areas in restaurants. Would you want to eat in the toilets?
It’s for women if they want to breast feed there babies in private. It’s got nice relaxing music in there. In the restaurants they have microwaves for heating up baby food and heating up bottles. At Drayton they got male and female toilets areas and a big area just for babies. Alton towers is still a small room at 1 end of each toilet block and at the Safari park it’s inside the disabled toilets.

It’s for women if they want to breast feed there babies in private. It’s got nice relaxing music in there. In the restaurants they have microwaves for heating up baby food and heating up bottles. At Drayton they got male and female toilets areas and a big area just for babies. Alton towers is still a small room at 1 end of each toilet block and at the Safari park it’s inside the disabled toilets.
Sorry, which Safari park?

Last edited:

Alton Towers have private baby feeding rooms in CBeebies.

CEFD690D-8A60-4C85-B07F-EBE481313145.jpeg

But if it’s for feeding it should be a dedicated private feeding area, not in the toilets. Again, would you want to eat in toilets?

Even the Alton Towers one above says it’s in the toilets, which makes it sound dirty. Should be next to the toilets, or next to the restaurant.