• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tokyo Disney Resort: General Discussion

It’s giving serious Tron VIBES. Wonder if they’re trying to blend the two attractions with this retheme to freshen the area up without the need to build something completely new.

What exactly is this meant to be showing? I can see Space Mountain in the background, and I am guessing that the construction work in the foreground is park expansion. But when post images such as these, please try to add some more context to your post so that readers are able to know what it is they are looking at.

What exactly is this meant to be showing? I can see Space Mountain in the background, and I am guessing that the construction work in the foreground is park expansion. But when post images such as these, please try to add some more context to your post so that readers are able to know what it is they are looking at.
It's meant to be showing Fantasy Springs construction, which is meant to open next year. Here is a crop of the same image, showing only the construction. IMG_20230509_082711.jpg

1685452961512.png
Here is a close-up image of the upcoming Fantasy Springs, which shows how construction is progressing in the 'Frozen Kingdom' area of Fantasy Springs. On the left is the mountain, and on the right is the castle. It looks amazing so far, and looks the same quality as the rest of DisneySea! Credit: https://www.youtube.com/@JoemagicDisneyCh/videos

Currently planning a trip to Japan, mostly to go to Universal but debating a day at one of the Disney parks too.

Which is better (for adults) out of the main park and Disney Sea (assuming you can't realistically do both in a day)?

I've been to Disneyland California (almost 20 years ago though) and Paris (also 20 years ago though planning to take my family in the next year or so) and wondering if either park have any essential/exclusive attractions.

I am lucky enough to have been to Universal Studios, DisneyLand and DisneySea in Japan. They are all outstanding but DisneySea is a must.

Universal is great (I managed to get on the Jaws ride) and the flying coaster is my favourite coaster ever but DisneySea is just so unique and special. You won’t be disappointed by how the Japanese run these parks.

Disneyland is great and it’s a beautiful park but it’s basically a replica of Magic Kingdom (i think)

Go for DisneySea. One of a kind park and attractions.

Osaka is a fair distance from Tokyo so bear that in mind for planning.

I forgot about those as they were being built when I went to USJ in 2019. Defo worth checking that out if you can.

You’ll have a great time regardless and as you now Japan already, you know you won’t be disappointed by anything that country does.

Enjoy when the trip comes around!

Thanks! Yep have been to Japan many times (for work) but never to the theme parks (except Tokyo Dome if that counts). Nintendo World and the new Donkey Kong area are my main reasons for going.

Ok will prioritise investigating Disney Sea!

Ha I’m heading to Japan in October specifically to go to Nintendoland! I’m also tempted by DisneySea…

Super Nintendo World looks pretty great, especially once the Donkey Kong coaster is open, but DisneySea is in my humble opinion the most incredible theme park on the planet and it's not even close. If you're a fan of themed lands and theme parks in general then I would say it's an absolute must-visit. I spent one day there, from rope drop to close, and shed a single tear as I walked out, simply at how magnificent it all was.

If you've been to any other of the castle parks then Tokyo Disneyland IMO is skippable unless you're a diehard fan. The Beauty and the Beast ride looks spectacular, and they have the last remaining Splash Mountain, but other than that, it's more or less a Disney castle park.

Super Nintendo World looks pretty great, especially once the Donkey Kong coaster is open, but DisneySea is in my humble opinion the most incredible theme park on the planet and it's not even close. If you're a fan of themed lands and theme parks in general then I would say it's an absolute must-visit. I spent one day there, from rope drop to close, and shed a single tear as I walked out, simply at how magnificent it all was.

If you've been to any other of the castle parks then Tokyo Disneyland IMO is skippable unless you're a diehard fan. The Beauty and the Beast ride looks spectacular, and they have the last remaining Splash Mountain, but other than that, it's more or less a Disney castle park.

Quite the review! I'll see, i'm definitely doing Universal because both myself and my friends are all big Nintendo fans.

Disney Sea would probably be a more spur of the moment decision (if that's an option) as would likely have to go on my own. Do they have single rider queues?

Looks like they have them for Indiana Jones and Raging Spirits. If you rope dropped Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Tower of Terror you could probably knock all of those out in the first 2-3 hours of park opening. Then you have the rest of the day to ride Sinbad on repeat and eat the dozen delicious kinds of popcorn they have :D

When I was there in August 2017 I rope dropped Midway Mania and waited an hour for it, despite being at the park entrance nearly 45min before it opened -DisneySea gets BUSY. I imagine it should be quieter in October but don't count on getting on multiple rides with minimal wait even if you get there early.

The SRQ on Indy was an enormous time saver for us, got on in about 10-15min when main queue was 100+. Raging Spirits was slower but again avoided a horrendous main queue.

Noted, thanks both. I think it'll be a spur of the moment thing if i do go as so much else to do in Japan but if it's looking like a quiet one crowd wise then i could maybe do a half day. Would buying both a ticket and an express pass on the day be possible?

I don't know if today is a holiday or considered typical but i checked the queue times and plenty of the rides are OVER 3 hours long! That's a complete deal breaker for me.