• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

The latest TLC update from Towers:

C2cC5dkWQAAGW8Q.jpg

:)

7F97Nmj.jpg

Almost as if by magic they post this. Are the reading the forums ?

Wonderful. So, Alton TLC.... have you actually repaired the major show elements on this ride? Ya know, the things people actually see as part of the experience?
  • Projectors repaired?
  • Projectors aligned?
  • Strobe lights working?
  • Smoke machines working?
  • Outdoor TV's repaired?
  • Replaced the LED panels with dead pixels on the Marmaliser? No? Check your manufacturers warranty, no budget required.
  • All Marmaliser effects working?
Get to it. No one cares about paint.

To be fair, considering it's only been operating for 3 and half seasons the inside of The Smiler's station did look a bit of a mess, especially the air gates, rainbow steps and exit corridors. So this did need addressing.

However there are many other issues with The Smiler that hopefully will be seen to through TLC, not least the state of the queueline and some general maintenance to the marmaliser.

The area on The Smiler for me that needs the most TLC is the optical room before baggage area. I cannot understand how Towers go through projectors/bulbs so quickly either on The Smiler or throughout the park. They are either buying cheap crap or projectors which aren't designed for the amount of use they get. Shell out for industrial grade projectors or decent bulbs because the optical room barely runs all 4.

When it first opened the room created a great deal of tension and messed with your head which was the intention, now it's a mess with half the effects not working, the intimidating heartbeat soundtrack has been turned right down so you can hardly hear it and the effect is just lost. It's now nothing more than a pitch black cattle pen with people fumbling around to see where they are and where they're going. :confused:

I would say the smiler is at the back of the queue now. I doubt they will touch it for a few years

I am hoping this means X-Sector is on their radar this year - ideally sandblast those concrete slabs into Oblivion and get that mist back to its former glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that would be easy to do however it was removed because of the court cases with the Ropers and subsequent noise abatement notices. Chances are they would be fine to put it back now, I really doubt it ever created that much more screaming.

Pretty sure that would be easy to do however it was removed because of the court cases with the Ropers and subsequent noise abatement notices. Chances are they would be fine to put it back now, I really doubt it ever created that much more screaming.

The screaming wasn't so much the issue as the "Don't look Down" sound travelling out of the park too well due to the height.

I know Youtube Comment's are an unreliable source but

This sounds very unlikely but maybe add on ride audio onto Oblivion and do it that way?
On ride audio costs money though (mainly in checking the ride will work and brake correctly with the additional weight) not sure it's worth it on Oblivion which is quite a short coaster.

Even the TLC Twitter writer is shocked at how dirty the Towers Street rooves were.

C2jsUDZXAAA2mHa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beggar's belief that it was allowed to be neglected to that state.

Is it really neglect though? When was the last time you cleaned the roof of your house? It's not really something that matters in the grand scheme of things. But it's nice to do it every 10 years maybe.

Is it really neglect though? When was the last time you cleaned the roof of your house? It's not really something that matters in the grand scheme of things. But it's nice to do it every 10 years maybe.

I don't charge entry onto my driveway, though. I would argue that allowing tiles to be laden with grime and filth, making them plain black, which were once light brown, is neglect.

I don't charge entry onto my driveway, though. I would argue that allowing tiles to be laden with grime and filth, making them plain black, which were once light brown, is neglect.
How many people pay to go into towers to look at the roofs of the building though??
It's good they have cleaned them but personally I don't go there to look at them as I go to enjoy the rides but each to there own.

How many people pay to go into towers to look at the roofs of the building though??
It's good they have cleaned them but personally I don't go there to look at them as I go to enjoy the rides but each to there own.

Like as been previously mentioned, you don't notice something is clean, only that it's dirty. It's not a particularly inviting entrance to the "UK's No.1 theme park" to have roof tops charcoal black with dirt.