• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Didn't he just climb the fence? o_O

The trouble with the world now-a-days, it's full of morons, and when they do something stupidly wrong, it's never their fault!

Just take a look at yesterday's News, a gorilla in an American Zoo had to be shot just because a mother couldn't keep an eye on her kid.

I've lost count how many times that I see parents allow kids to climb safety fences at Zoo's and Theme parks, and I also often see parents plonk the kids on top of the fence in a sitting position to get a good view. And when they are told to get down, the parents often get shirt'y by saying the kid is doing no harm!

Oblivion has got some new stickers and safety fencing. I'm glad they're stopping people spitting on the shuttles on the way past.
13327590_1078011305602646_5292778004477078177_n.jpg

(Pic from TowersStreet facebook)

Isn't that fence missing something?....

...A "Danger of Death" sign :eek:

You know what, I've just a had a wild theory that the conspiracy folks on here might like to listen to.

If Towers/Merlin have been reading this forums the past few years, especially the whole TLC thing, these fences aren't for 'safety' practices, but for trolling us.

Why may you ask? Well, it's probably likely that they are well aware of our consent moaning about the state of Towers and we have been a thorn in their side for God knows how long and pretty much can't stand us criticising them and are at the end of their own tether like we are with them.

So what do they do to get back at us to make us lose our minds and then laugh at us...? Build fences that have no purpose to anything!

Was on park today and the rapids fences don't look too offensive in person

Last edited:
These aren't new... They've been there for well over a month now.

They weren't there a few weeks ago when I visited.

This is another moronic manoeuvre. So basically, you can't see Th13teen at all now. All the work they did on that lovely facade, its all tucked away behind Rita and it's subsequent cattle pen, BUT at least you could see it when queueing for Rita. Well, scratch that.

I can see it now - NEW FOR 2017 - a fence to keep you away from the fence.

Alton Towers is a disgraceful park. Disgraceful.

Last edited:
That area is a complete mess anyway, the one good thing about it was Thirteens exterior; which we'll now struggle to see.

Many people may see all of this negative feedback and think its petty to get so annoyed about something as trivial as a fence. The thing is, in instances such as this they seem completely unnecessary.

I can only imagine that these are to reduce the parks insurance premium in some way..

Couldn't give a damn if they put 100 new fences up in dark forest, it's ugly as sin anyway

I find it ironic really that we are ripping Towers/Merlin over what they are doing with Dark Forrest, yet with the state the area is in, these fences have been £££ worth of improvements really!:tearsofjoy: