• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Well... plenty of rides have been closed due to "TLC" according to Towers last year so lets look forward to them being reopened and see what amazing things they have done with them while they have been closed over the past 12 months.....

I think quite a lot of the GP see at as a 'drop tower

Most of the GP don't know what a drop tower is ;)

As for TLC, I hope that they finish Nemesis, repaint a few more buildings on Towers Street, repaint The Smiler & refurbish its queue line along with Oblivion's. They could repaint Galactica as well I suppose.

I expect Nemesis to be finished and maybe a bit of a spruce up in X-Sector but not much else. Maybe some new audio in places.

Nemesis repaint x sector refresh and Galatia paint job for me.

Going back to Oblivion I think it has suffered from Smiler being so close and become more of a filler attraction. Such a shame as it is excellent but times do change at it is old hat now

I would like to see Duel get some
TLC during this closed season.

It was in a sorry state when we rode it this year, with the music only working in half of the ride and plenty of broken effects.

It's sad to think that when the Haunted House was built, the intention was to replace some of the effects / scenes each year to keep it fresh and re-rideable.

Now we're just lucky if most of the effects work at all!

Last edited:
What I would like - Nemesis and station finished, Hex reopened refurbished, Sub terra reopened refurbished, Towers Street cleaned up and buildings tarted up and painted in the style of the Box office and photo shop, Smiler queue spruced up, Oblivion queue line deep clean and refurbished, start of refurbishment program for toilets, monorail stations deep cleaned, Ceebebies land deep cleaned, work to begin on Charlie, work to begin on driving school, last seasons excellent music offering maintained.

What I expect - Nemesis to be finished (including spray residue all over queue line and rocks), Hex reopend slightly refurbished, the odd cloth or sponge being whipped around here and there, the jet wash dusted off for its annual use and perhaps a bit of painting here and there.

I am somewhat nervous that if people get what they wish for in terms of Duel TLC, it wouldn't be well received. The Tomb Blaster TLC was almost universally hated in the enthusiast community (I thought it was fine...).

start of refurbishment program for toilets

It looked like some of the toilets had been refurbished recently to me (although I only go at fireworks now so might have been a long time). Some tiling and a lot of the doors looked new, I think the X Sector toilets all had new cubicles?

I also like the toilets at AT, other than never having enough hand dryers, they are pretty well designed and almost always clean (except for the ones under the Skyride at Forbidden Valley, they always seem a bit worse).