• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I was under the impression that the TLC has come to an end last season. I think we be lucky if they just get the jet pressure washer out.

You mean they still have one? I know back in the early 2000's all the block paving [certainly in Forbidden Valley] got jet-washed in the week or two prior to the start of the new season to shift all the winter muck off it. That stopped in about 2002 - I remember one of the Air Press Days & a guest / journalist commented to Ralph Armond that the paved pathways looked mucky. His comment was that they were "being cleaned next week". Maybe Mr Manana the maintenance man started that season!

That said, in Ralph's defence, the Valley was a building site until about 5mins before the guests arrived on opening day (as was X-Sector 4 years earlier!) so getting the cleaning done may have been difficult with contractors vehicles everywhere.

If the opening hours are slightly better this year, that'll be where the TLC budget has gone I bet.

Unless they might just be doing it properly this time? (Doing TLC but not posting daily about it)

Sometimes my sarcasm just goes over peoples heads ;)
Is your constant strategy to just state anything at all and then say "you obviously missed my winking emoji" a few posts later regardless? Sarcasm is supposed to be funny, not just (supposedly) saying the opposite of what you mean all the time. Post what you want but you don't half clog up threads with pointless posts this way, when I'm sure you have something to add really!

:eek:

Have you thought about clicking on the ignore button on my profile?

My post on the previous page was given as a serious post and the tongue in cheek comment (more of a figure of speech) in the second sentence was a throw away comment which didn't really need a emoji, as it wasn't likely to offend :rolleyes:

I think I go and crawl back into my troll cave :rolleyes:

Every theme park in the world carries out maintenance during their closed season. Whether this be essential technical maintenance on rides or cosmetic imorvements around the park. The TLC project seemed to allow for slightly high budget undertakings (such as Hex and Nemesis) but the park will still be doing work over the closed season even if TLC has officially finished.

No, according to their facebook page, its "Feel the Power of the Towers", whatever that means

Probably so over the top advertisement of existing rides in the hope that more people attend this year to justify doing naff all with the park

No, according to their facebook page, its "Feel the Power of the Towers", whatever that means

You would hope that’s not what they’re referring to considering the original question was regarding TLC etc, whereas this is clearly an advertising campaign.

Well I guess we know it’s closed season when people start saying “Ride X is coming back for 201X” from the smallest thing that Towers says.

THIS! Everyone was too busy complaining instead of being happy, not just because they were doing work, but also because they were taking the time to show it to us... I thought we wanted to see what was going on! I wouldn’t be surprised if they just thought “nah, why bother”. :(

The trouble was because they (had to) did it in such a corporate and forced manner... Many parks do the whole "look at what's happening in our closed season" thing as just normal social media posts, they don't create essentially a marketing campaign surrounding it...

Plus the sort of things that were under the TLC banner SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ANYWAY!

The trouble was because they (had to) did it in such a corporate and forced manner... Many parks do the whole "look at what's happening in our closed season" thing as just normal social media posts, they don't create essentially a marketing campaign surrounding it...

Plus the sort of things that were under the TLC banner SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ANYWAY!

None of the Twitter posts on the TLC account looked corporate or forced, just looked like Wayne Burton wanted to show off the good work his department had done. They came across to me as far less corporate than the main Twitter account.

marketing campaign

Exactly what “TLC” was, it was dreamt up gloss over the cuts and removals after the 2015 incident and certain things were picked to receive “TLC” to get people onboard. They knew that picking Nemesis & Hex the enthusiasts would love it and spread the word that the park was being done up.

Yes some of the work was great and much needed but then again they shouldn’t of allowed it to get into that state anyway.