• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23: Winners Declared (contest ended 18th March)

B&M have been limping behind a bit in the past decade, so I decided to do a new-gen launcher for them, with slightly winged, vest restrained trains - this is The Charles Lecoaster.

493340_20230228160713_1.png

493340_20230228160739_1.png

493340_20230228160812_1.png

Length: 996m
Speed: 71mph
Positive G Spike: +5.8g
Negative G Spike: -0.8g
Inversions: 8
Throughput: 2100pph+

Fun submission @mo237! Your ride looks like great fun, with some cool inversions!
The Moto GP Experience
Hopefully the wait time for this is less than the wait time to see a GP these days...

Great submission @Thameslink Rail! Your ride has some cool inversions and fun-looking pops of airtime!
The world's first rollercoaster themed to a bowl of Spaghetti...

Spaghetti
Premier Rides
77mph
130ft
9 Inversions

2 launches, top hat, synchronisedd loop/tophat. With a mix of headchoppers, inversions and airtime moments. Sprinkled with Parmesan.

Screenshot_20230301_160028.jpg

Awesome submission @RicketyCricket! Your ride is really long, and has a nice blend of airtime and inversions!

I shall be voting shortly, thanks for the update @Matt N

In the meantime I have my submission ready. Introducing Monza, An Intamin Mega coaster.

Height - 116ft
Top Speed - 60mph
Length - 3935ft
Inversions - 5
Airtime moments - 10
Duration - 84s

Awesome submission @Connor98! Your ride has some really fun-looking inversions and some cracking pops of airtime!

An idea guys, was looking at running a competition at some point on here after Matt has finished with this one. I absolutely love this coaster building contest and it has brought on my building skills no end, so I had the idea of running a Park building competition…

This would be a single round competition and would have a longer timeframe to allow for people to be able to compete even during the open season. My idea was for people to be able to showcase their parks, large or small (this could be a previously built park or a new one should you decide). My plan would be for people to submit a video of them touring their park and it’s attractions, with no limitations or restrictions at all on what the park can consist off, and also leaving it open for people to use Planet coaster, RCT, No Limits or any other park building game. There would then be a voting stage (I’m undecided wether to vote per park as they are submitted or wait till the end, but that would mean a lot of watching videos in one go), voting would consist of theming, catering, accessibility, ride hardware, landscaping and more. If anyone would be interested in this please respond to this post or like it and I’d love to hear any suggestions regarding my idea too. Thank you!

An idea guys, was looking at running a competition at some point on here after Matt has finished with this one. I absolutely love this coaster building contest and it has brought on my building skills no end, so I had the idea of running a Park building competition…

This would be a single round competition and would have a longer timeframe to allow for people to be able to compete even during the open season. My idea was for people to be able to showcase their parks, large or small (this could be a previously built park or a new one should you decide). My plan would be for people to submit a video of them touring their park and it’s attractions, with no limitations or restrictions at all on what the park can consist off, and also leaving it open for people to use Planet coaster, RCT, No Limits or any other park building game. There would then be a voting stage (I’m undecided wether to vote per park as they are submitted or wait till the end, but that would mean a lot of watching videos in one go), voting would consist of theming, catering, accessibility, ride hardware, landscaping and more. If anyone would be interested in this please respond to this post or like it and I’d love to hear any suggestions regarding my idea too. Thank you!
That sounds like a great idea! I personally would love to have a park-building contest as it might actually teach me a few things on how to actually make something decent in Planet Coaster!

I have been very short of time and very busy but I've managed to spend an hour making a mess, which feels like twice as much time as they spent on designing Ferrari Land in general because it's crap.

I welcome you to Pile Of sCrap

1677875541806.png

1677875592483.png

1677875637389.png

POV

Week 18 Weekly Digest (4th-10th March 2023)
OK, everybody; Week 18 is now here! As per usual, I have 3 things to get through this week, so let's get straight to it!
Round 16 Results
After a week of voting, Round 16's results are now in! I can confirm that I got 3 responses in the Google Form, and the winners of Round 16 are as follows:
The leaderboard for Round 16 is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@RicketyCricket1301
2@Connor981130
3@Poisson801
4@Matt N800
5@Thameslink Rail301
6@Matt.GC000
7@mo237000
8@Archermav000
9@Burbs000
10@immelmanloop000
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
As such, the leaderboard for the overall contest so far is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Connor98226223
2@Matt.GC171141
3@RicketyCricket16889
4@Matt N16891
5@Poisson162120
6@Thameslink Rail132320
7@Archermav118101
8@Burbs4808
9@mo2374112
10@immelmanloop910
11@JAperson000
12@MaxPower000
Great round, everybody! Now let's move onto Round 17 voting...
Round 17 Voting
Our Round 17 submissions are ready and built. Therefore, the voting stage must now begin!

Please vote for your Round 17 favourites via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdk0r_cA7dx6V_z7WKniby-wz5xI_sxV_X5aDv0NP4xTjhFdg/viewform

Let me just recap a few things about voting, if you need a reminder.
  • If you're not clear on how I'd like you to vote; please pick your top 5 track layouts and rank them in order of preference from #1 to #5. If you give a player a particular ranking, the points allocated are as follows; #1 ranking = 5pts, #2 ranking = 4pts, #3 ranking = 3pts, #4 ranking = 2pts, #5 ranking = 1pt.
  • You will also receive the opportunity to nominate a submission for Realism or Originality if you wish. Unlike last year, these nominations are not compulsory; you can award them if you wish, but you do not have to nominate anyone for Realism or Originality. Each Realism or Originality nomination a player gets will grant them 1 Realism point or 1 Originality point.
  • Please only fill out this form once. I have not mandated this within the form itself, but I'm trusting you all here.
  • Please do not vote for yourself. I know that there is no way I can mandate this, but I trust you not to. Please can I request that you only nominate submissions that are not your own.
  • Please judge submissions on track layout only. This is a coaster layout building contest; theming is pretty much irrelevant here.
  • I know that this form of voting is a lot more anonymous than the voting process was in the last contest. If you would like to add a slightly more personal touch, you can still post a comment in this thread indicating your top 5 choices, as well as any Realism or Originality nominations, like you did last year if you would like to. However, can I please request that the Google Form be your first port of call for voting; I will only count votes cast within the Google Form, as if you post in this thread, I wouldn't like to assume whether you've already voted in the Google Form or not. Post your choices in the thread by all means, but please make sure that you log your votes within the Google Form first, as the votes within the Google Form are the votes I'll be counting.
Here are the Round 17 submissions so that you know what you're voting for:
  • All-Terrain Racer, a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster by @Matt N:
  • The Charles Leocoaster, a B&M Wing Coaster by @mo237:
  • The Moto GP Experience, a Vekoma motorbike coaster by @Thameslink Rail:
  • Spaghetti, a Premier Rides launch coaster by @RicketyCricket:
  • Monza, an Intamin Mega Coaster by @Connor98:
  • Pile of sCrap, a B&M Sitting Coaster by @Poisson:

The Round 17 voting deadline is Friday 10th March 2023 at 11:59pm.

Now that Round 17 voting has been covered, it's about time I revealed the next round...
Bonus Round Building
Now that our Round 17 submissions have been built and submitted, I think it's about time that I revealed the next round! I can reveal that Round 17 was the last regular round of the contest... but do take careful note of the word regular in that statement. I couldn't let the contest end without a little... bonus, could I?

Yes, folks; the Bonus Round is back for another year!

After 17 rounds with tough constraint, I think it's high time that we let our hair down and built a little more freely. In this round, you have carte blanche to build whatever you want; the only constraint in the Bonus Round is your own creativity!

As such, there's nothing I can really show you or provide to you for this round. All I would say is that I would advise you to play to your own strengths in this round. Whether you want to go completely nuts or build something reserved but realistic, build a submission that best showcases your greatest strengths as a coaster builder.

The other thing I should probably reveal is that any votes gained in the Bonus Round are worth double the points they were worth in any prior round. So if there was ever an ideal round to compete in, it's this one; it offers double the points of any of the previous rounds, and it's your prime opportunity to build whatever you want without constraint!

To submit, please build your submission, film a POV and off-ride shots, and post them in this thread. You can do a brief description of what your ride is if you wish. If you have any issues with uploading your video(s), please don't hesitate to PM me.

May I once again emphasise that this is a coaster layout building contest. By all means add some light theming and landscaping if you wish, but the coaster layout should ideally be the focus. Quality of coaster layout is pretty much the be all and end all here; heavy theming won't gain you any points, and no theming won't lose you any points.

The Bonus Round submission deadline is Friday 10th March 2023 at 11:59pm. If you struggle for time and would like me to extend the deadline, please PM me or request an extension in this thread before the deadline. I would be more than happy to facilitate an extension for you if you would like one. If you do not make contact with me and ask for an extension, I will assume that you are happy to forfeit this round and move on after the posted deadline.

So that's everything for Week 18! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Good luck, everybody... get building for the Bonus Round and voting for Round 17, folks!

After 17 rounds with tough constraint, I think it's high time that we let our hair down and built a little more freely. In this round, you have carte blanche to build whatever you want; the only constraint in the Bonus Round is your own creativity!

As such, there's nothing I can really show you or provide to you for this round. All I would say is that I would advise you to play to your own strengths in this round. Whether you want to go completely nuts or build something reserved but realistic, build a submission that best showcases your greatest strengths as a coaster builder.

Ah this round, where I make everyone finally call the staff to take me away to the loony bin. I can't promise to top RMC Wacky Worm, but I have some....ideas

OK, folks; I have a Bonus Round submission ready! Say hello to... Intimidator, a Mack Rides giga coaster:
Intimidator-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Intimidator
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: HyperCoaster (Custom)
  • Height: 300ft/91m
  • Speed: 92mph/148kph
  • Length: 6,925ft/2,111m
  • Inversions: 6
  • Airtime Moments: 10
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.1G (overall), 4.9G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.8G (overall), -1.7G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,334pph (~56 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 4s)
If you'd like to play with Intimidator yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2942191855

So that's Intimidator, my Bonus Round submission! I really hope you all like it!

So... like last time I have a serious entry alongside a less serious entry:

1677963941216.png

First up with some utter stupidity and horror, I present a B&M built SLC (689m Standard) clone. Oh no.

1677963573929.png

1677963544860.png

I felt so ill making this monstrosity and I fear that I'll be kidnapped and never seen again for daring to do so. An ABOMINATION. Sillier than an RMC Wacky Worm? You decide.

Moving on to a serious entry, a nice coaster and a bit different to usual madness but no less original (hopefully, I'm clearly terrible at realism and get bored too easily.) A Pipeline coaster.

1677963782466.png

1677963802344.png

See. Much nicer and a proper entry rather than whatever horror the first coaster is.

Throughputs are just either side of 1500pph each to make 3000pph per hour for the pair.

A pair of POVs

B&M Vekoma monstrosity

Piepeline loveliness

1677963941216.png

First up with some utter stupidity and horror, I present a B&M built SLC (689m Standard) clone. Oh no.

1677963573929.png

1677963544860.png

I felt so ill making this monstrosity and I fear that I'll be kidnapped and never seen again for daring to do so. An ABOMINATION. Sillier than an RMC Wacky Worm? You decide.

Moving on to a serious entry, a nice coaster and a bit different to usual madness but no less original (hopefully, I'm clearly terrible at realism and get bored too easily.) A Pipeline coaster.

1677963782466.png

1677963802344.png

See. Much nicer and a proper entry rather than whatever horror the first coaster is.

Throughputs are just either side of 1500pph each to make 3000pph per hour for the pair.

A pair of POVs

B&M Vekoma monstrosity

Piepeline loveliness

Nice submission(s) @Poisson!

Your B&M SLC is impressively smooth and realistic, and it looks like great fun!

Your Pipeline coaster looks like great fun, with lots of fun inversions!

OK, folks; I have a Bonus Round submission ready! Say hello to... Intimidator, a Mack Rides giga coaster:
Intimidator-Layout-Overview.png

The ride stats are as follows:
  • Name: Intimidator
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: HyperCoaster (Custom)
  • Height: 300ft/91m
  • Speed: 92mph/148kph
  • Length: 6,925ft/2,111m
  • Inversions: 6
  • Airtime Moments: 10
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5.1G (overall), 4.9G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.8G (overall), -1.7G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 6 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,334pph (~56 trains per hour, 1 train every ~1m 4s)
If you'd like to play with Intimidator yourself, here's the Steam Workshop link you can download it from: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2942191855

So that's Intimidator, my Bonus Round submission! I really hope you all like it!

Looks really good!

1677963941216.png

1677963573929.png

1677963544860.png

1677963782466.png

1677963802344.png

A pair of POVs

B&M Vekoma monstrosity

Piepeline loveliness

Both of those look amazing and surprisingly smooth!

Just as a reminder, we’re now over half way through Week 17.

I’ve only had 1 response to the Round 17 Voting Google Form so far, and that is my own. If you’d like to vote for your Round 17 favourites, here’s the form allowing you to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdk0r_cA7dx6V_z7WKniby-wz5xI_sxV_X5aDv0NP4xTjhFdg/viewform

There have been 3 submissions for the Bonus Round so far. If you would like a deadline extension for the Bonus Round, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you have any issues with uploading videos or anything at all, get in touch with me and I would be very happy to solve these issues for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

As this is the Bonus Round, where votes are worth double what they were in any previous round and you have the opportunity to build whatever you want, I would implore everyone to compete in this round if possible. Even if you haven’t competed yet or haven’t competed for a few rounds, this is a round where I would strongly encourage you to submit something if you can, as this is certainly a round that counts, not least because it’s the last round of this contest!