• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23: Winners Declared (contest ended 18th March)

Sorry Matt, I've tried downloading the template but it's not showing up in game. Do you or anyone else reading this know how to fix this?
You could try logging in and out of Steam on your PC, it might refresh the steam workshop. You also need to restart the game for any items to show up. I'm afraid that's the extent of my knowledge about how it works.

As the others have said, the game needs restarting before any Workshop items will show up.

I’m sorry, I should have clarified; the building is a scenery blueprint, not a custom scenario like I usually do. Paste it into a regular sandbox and that will work fine.

Last edited:
Just knocked up a quick round two coaster... wow that building is tiny. If Towers are using that space for SW9 it's going to be a very disappointing ride.

Just knocked up a quick round two coaster... wow that building is tiny. If Towers are using that space for SW9 it's going to be a very disappointing ride.
I went round in absolute circles trying to fit mine into there, hence why it's not my greatest submission ever... if anyone gets a ride in there that's over 3,000ft long, I'll be beyond stunned!

I managed 2,587ft, and I felt like I made some definite sacrifices to get that much length in there... I'm genuinely not sure that I could have built a ride that was any longer.

It is a very tight space... Alton Towers have got their work cut out if Project Horizon is indeed a roller coaster!

I did think my submission is on the short side, but I thought the fact it’s only got a top speed of 45mph it has an adequate ride time. Was worried I’d struggle to keep the realism high enough if I tried to cram too much track into such a short space. A very enjoyable and challenging round, both have been pretty tight on size constraints so I’m looking forward to a larger plot in one of the future rounds👍🏻

I did think my submission is on the short side, but I thought the fact it’s only got a top speed of 45mph it has an adequate ride time. Was worried I’d struggle to keep the realism high enough if I tried to cram too much track into such a short space. A very enjoyable and challenging round, both have been pretty tight on size constraints so I’m looking forward to a larger plot in one of the future rounds👍🏻
Your ride duration looked more than adequate to me, and to be honest, I’m not expecting anything overly earth-shattering length-wise out of this round.

So.....Project Horizon. What can 1 idiot fit in a small tin shed?

First of all, it had to be repainted green. Because Towers tin shed.

1668454428458.png

Then I built a small, sensible coaster inside.

1668454334841.png

1668454551802.png

Yes, just shy of 3500ft. Insanity helps when building in a tiny space it seems.

1668454498014.png

So.....Project Horizon. What can 1 idiot fit in a small tin shed?

First of all, it had to be repainted green. Because Towers tin shed.

1668454428458.png

Then I built a small, sensible coaster inside.

1668454334841.png

1668454551802.png

Yes, just shy of 3500ft. Insanity helps when building in a tiny space it seems.

1668454498014.png

Wow @Poisson; you managed to get loads out of the space! It’s a great layout, too; very smooth, and containing some good-looking pops of airtime and such!

Lurking behind Walliams World lies a dark and mysterious warehouse containing the twists and turns of the inside of David's mind.

Did a lights on and lights off as these rides are of course supposed to be experienced in the dark. You couldn't see the dark layout on my telly but it's crystal clear on YouTube? I couldn't do any off ride filming as the walls and roof get in the way. Couldn't really cram anymore inside there and I've been doing this for hours. Tough round.

Name: The Mind of David Walliams
Length: 3074ft
Max speed: 43mph
Max g: 4.75g
Min g: - 0.42g
Inversions: 2
Airtime count: 6
Capacity: Despatches a train of 24 every 40 seconds. No idea how to work that out.

Lurking behind Walliams World lies a dark and mysterious warehouse containing the twists and turns of the inside of David's mind.

Did a lights on and lights off as these rides are of course supposed to be experienced in the dark. You couldn't see the dark layout on my telly but it's crystal clear on YouTube? I couldn't do any off ride filming as the walls and roof get in the way. Couldn't really cram anymore inside there and I've been doing this for hours. Tough round.

Name: The Mind of David Walliams
Length: 3074ft
Max speed: 43mph
Max g: 4.75g
Min g: - 0.42g
Inversions: 2
Airtime count: 6
Capacity: Despatches a train of 24 every 40 seconds. No idea how to work that out.

Awesome submission @Matt.GC! You’ve gotten a lot out of the building space, and your layout is both smooth and packed with fun elements!

Name: Electric Avenue
Model: Mack Spinner
Length: 2821ft
Drop: 40ft
Speed: 39mph

Unable to upload to YouTube at the moment so this will have to do. Off ride lights on with on ride in the dark.

From: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/vindalunatic/video/167934875

Awesome submission @RicketyCricket! The ride has a good spin to it, and you’ve gotten some surprising airtime out of it!

Just as a reminder to everyone else; you have 3 days left to submit for Round 2 and vote for Round 1.

I’ve had 5 submissions out of a potential 12 so far, including my own. If you would like a deadline extension for Round 2, please notify me before the deadline and I would be happy to facilitate one for you. If you do not get into contact with me before the deadline, I will assume that you are happy forfeiting this round and move on.

If you have not voted yet, here is the link to the Google Form so that you can vote if you would like to do so: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJ6qmdh6z7yv_prSQtnFjFM9wDohUkOFYwONi7P5JoYZuyng/viewform

My entry for this week is intended to be a dark ride/coaster hybrid. Imagine a high level of theming as though entering and exploring the narrow, winding tunnels of an old mine shaft. For instance, the pause on the MCBR would be intended as a small show scene before launching off into the next section.

Project Horizon 1.png

Project Horizon 2.png

Type: Vekoma Swinging Mine Train
Length: 1724ft
Height: 46ft
Top speed: 33mph
Inversions: 0
Airtime moments: 1 (according to PlanCo)
Theoretical Throughput: 834pph

A lot of this is making me think Horizon won’t be a coaster, it really isn’t big enough for a decent layout that leaves room for theming elements