• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TowersStreet Planet Coaster Speed Build Contest 2022/23: Winners Declared (contest ended 18th March)

Can confirm the object limit on console is very annoying.

Even more so because they try and make it sound fun by calling it Oswald Eugene Counter.

When I first got the game I had no idea and started working on a huge Wild West themed park. Had it all mapped out in my head and had to knock it on the head half way through.

Overall though it's brilliant on console. PC games aren't always very user friendly with a controller but it works very well.

Name - Valhalla 2032
RMC
Height 100ft
(Don't have all stats to hand atm)

Pretty challenging round due to the height limit. It's quite hard to make smaller RMC's as they seem to lose momentum pretty quickly.

Quite happy with the duelling elements. The tracks are near identical mostly with some exceptions. Features a 'high five' wave turn and some solid interaction throughout.

Some of the transitions are a bit aggressive and I'd usually smooth them out but it's an RMC so who cares! See Storm Chasers finale for example.

There's a bit of faff mid video so skip to 2.05 for off ride.

Last edited:
Name - Valhalla 2032
RMC
Height 100ft
(Don't have all stats to hand atm)

Pretty challenging round due to the height limit. It's quite hard to make smaller RMC's as they seem to lose momentum pretty quickly.

Quite happy with the duelling elements. The tracks are near identical mostly with some exceptions. Features a 'high five' wave turn and some solid interaction throughout.

Some of the transitions are a bit aggressive and I'd usually smooth them out but it's an RMC so who cares! See Storm Chasers finale for example.

There's a bit of faff mid video so skip to 2.05 for off ride.

Cool submission @RicketyCricket; both rides look packed with airtime and very well paced!

I won’t be able to participate this week I’m afraid, although if I get chance at some point I may just have a stab at it for a laugh.

Behold my personal abomination of a coaster, National Unchained! (original am i rite). I do wish I had gone for a slightly longer layout but syncing this one up was hard enough so oh well

National Unchained.PNGName: National Unchained
Type: RMC
Length: 3923ft
Height: 91ft
Top speed: 52mph
Inversions: 6
Airtime: 4 (2.7s)

Weekly Digest for Week 6 (10th-16th December 2022)
OK, everybody; we now begin Week 6 of the competition! There are three key points to cover this week, so let's get straight to it!
Round 4 Results
After a week of voting, Round 4's results are now in! I can confirm that I got 6 responses in the Google Form, and the winners of Round 4 are as follows:
The leaderboard for Round 4 is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Matt.GC2220
2@Archermav1510
3@Matt N1300
4@RicketyCricket1202
5@Burbs900
6@Poisson701
7@Connor98700
8@Thameslink Rail511
9@immelmanloop000
10@JAperson000
11@MaxPower000
12@mo237000
As such, the leaderboard for the overall contest so far is as follows:
RankingUsernameOverallRealismOriginality
1@Archermav7090
2@Matt.GC6430
3@Poisson5802
4@Connor985750
5@Matt N5030
6@Burbs4808
7@RicketyCricket4623
8@Thameslink Rail3818
9@immelmanloop910
10@JAperson000
11@MaxPower000
12@mo237000
Well done, everybody! Now let's get onto Round 5 voting...
Round 5 Voting
We have finished the building stage for Round 5, therefore the voting stage must now begin!

Please vote for your Round 5 favourites via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGkeqNaRl5djOLTbpUjRa1jRSMMD-9sfX0PofAzxdjsIcgMw/viewform

Let me just recap a few things about voting, if you need a reminder.
  • If you're not clear on how I'd like you to vote; please pick your top 5 track layouts and rank them in order of preference from #1 to #5. If you give a player a particular ranking, the points allocated are as follows; #1 ranking = 5pts, #2 ranking = 4pts, #3 ranking = 3pts, #4 ranking = 2pts, #5 ranking = 1pt.
  • You will also receive the opportunity to nominate a submission for Realism or Originality if you wish. Unlike last year, these nominations are not compulsory; you can award them if you wish, but you do not have to nominate anyone for Realism or Originality. Each Realism or Originality nomination a player gets will grant them 1 Realism point or 1 Originality point.
  • Please only fill out this form once. I have not mandated this within the form itself, but I'm trusting you all here.
  • Please do not vote for yourself. I know that there is no way I can mandate this, but I trust you not to. Please can I request that you only nominate submissions that are not your own.
  • Please judge submissions on track layout only. This is a coaster layout building contest; theming is pretty much irrelevant here.
  • I know that this form of voting is a lot more anonymous than the voting process was in the last contest. If you would like to add a slightly more personal touch, you can still post a comment in this thread indicating your top 5 choices, as well as any Realism or Originality nominations, like you did last year if you would like to. However, can I please request that the Google Form be your first port of call for voting; I will only count votes cast within the Google Form, as if you post in this thread, I wouldn't like to assume whether you've already voted in the Google Form or not. Post your choices in the thread by all means, but please make sure that you log your votes within the Google Form first, as the votes within the Google Form are the votes I'll be counting.
Here are the submissions from Round 5, so that you know what you're voting for:
  • Race for the Border, a racing GCI wooden coaster by @Matt N:
  • El Gran Nacional, a quasi mobius GCI Titan Track by @Connor98:
  • National Steel, a quasi mobius RMC IBox Track by @Matt.GC:
  • Valhalla 2032, a racing RMC IBox Track by @RicketyCricket:
  • Unnamed duelling S&S Free Fly by @Poisson:
  • Unnamed quasi mobius junior coaster by @Thameslink Rail:
  • National Unchained, a quasi mobius RMC IBox Track by @Archermav:

Voting for Round 5 will close on Friday 16th December 2022 at 11:59pm.

Now let's move on to the Round 6 reveal...
Round 6 Building Stage
Now that we've all built our Round 5 offerings, it's time to sink our teeth into Round 6! The brief for Round 6 is... England Coaster at Europa Park! The context for this round is as follows:
Europa Park may be constructing a new Croatia themed area at present, but in the VEEJOY documentary series, it was revealed that the park had originally heavily considered building a coaster in the England themed area, replacing the Arena of Football. The park have now decided that they would like to explore this alternate history, so they've enlisted you to build them an English coaster! You've got the whole Arena of Football area and a handy plot of flat land behind England to work with, and the park's main requirements are simple. Like Voltron, they want a long, thrilling coaster that offers an alternative to Blue Fire in the inverting coaster department. What coaster will you build for Europa's England area?

The constraints are as follows:
  • Maximum Footprint 110m*198m/361ft*650ft
  • Minimum Height 100ft/30m
  • Minimum Length 4,000ft/1,219m
  • Must Contain At Least 1 Inversion.
For some context, the area of Europa Park we are building in is as follows (it's the area circled in black and marked "EP England Coaster"):
Europa-Park-England-Coaster-Plot.png

I would recommend using Scenario Editor to apply the footprint constraints if you are on PC. As per usual, I have created a Steam Workshop park with the constraints applied that I would be happy for you to download if you struggle to design a scenario yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2898451527

As for console users, I would recommend setting out the footprint constraints using wall pieces or path pieces to build yourself an "area" to work within. I know it's not ideal, but it's sadly the best I can offer given that neither Scenario Editor nor Steam Workshop are seemingly available on console... sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

As for how to determine your ride height, please use Terrain Relative height markers (the option denoted by the picture of a mountain).

As for what you need to do to submit; please build your submission, film a POV and off-ride shots, and post them in this thread. You can do a brief description of what your ride is if you wish. If you have any issues with uploading your video(s), please don't hesitate to PM me.

May I once again emphasise that this is a coaster layout building contest. By all means add some light theming and landscaping if you wish, but the coaster layout should ideally be the focus. Quality of coaster layout is pretty much the be all and end all here; heavy theming won't gain you any points, and no theming won't lose you any points.

The Round 6 submission deadline is Friday 16th December 2022 at 11:59pm. If you struggle for time and would like me to extend the deadline, please PM me or request an extension in this thread before the deadline. I would be more than happy to facilitate an extension for you if you would like one. If you do not make contact with me and ask for an extension, I will assume that you are happy to forfeit this round and move on after the posted deadline.

So, that's everything for Week 6! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

Good luck, everybody... get building for Round 6 and voting for Round 5, folks!

Behold my personal abomination of a coaster, National Unchained! (original am i rite). I do wish I had gone for a slightly longer layout but syncing this one up was hard enough so oh well

National Unchained.PNGName: National Unchained
Type: RMC
Length: 3923ft
Height: 91ft
Top speed: 52mph
Inversions: 6
Airtime: 4 (2.7s)

Apologies for my lateness @Archermav, but that's a great submission you've got there! The inversions are really nice, and the ride also looks to have some fun pops of airtime!

Sorry to triple post, folks, but I have a Round 6 submission ready! I decided to try something slightly different for this one... say hello to Excalibur, a Mack Rides XTREME Spinning Coaster:
Excalibur-Entrance.png

Excalibur-Layout-Overview.png

Now I hear you asking "the game doesn't have an XTREME Spinner, so how did you build one?". Well, unusually for me, I actually took a slightly DIY approach to making one. To do an XTREME Spinning Coaster, I actually used the regular Mack spinning coaster, but I disabled track limits and made it a hyper coaster with custom inversions, extreme twists and intense airtime moments!

The stats are as follows:
  • Name: Excalibur
  • Manufacturer: Mack Rides
  • Model: XTREME Spinning Coaster (Custom)
  • Height: 228ft/69m
  • Speed: 81mph/130kph
  • Length: 5,643ft/1,720m
  • Inversions: 5
  • Airtime Moments: 9
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 5G (overall)/4.4G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.4G (overall)/-1G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 4 trains with 4 cars/16 riders
  • Throughput: 1,232pph (~78 trains per hour, train every ~46s)
If you'd like to play with Excalibur yourself, here's the Steam Workshop download link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2899968690

So, that's Excalibur, my Round 6 submission! I hope you like my attempt at something a little different!

Just as a reminder, we are now half way through Week 6, folks!

In terms of Round 6; I’ve only had 1 submission so far, and that is my own. Please remember that I would be more than happy to facilitate an extension for you if you would like one. If you do not make contact with me and ask for an extension, I will assume that you are happy to forfeit this round and move on after the posted deadline.

In terms of Round 5 voting; I’ve had 2 responses to the Google Form so far. If you’d like to vote, here is the Google Form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdGkeqNaRl5djOLTbpUjRa1jRSMMD-9sfX0PofAzxdjsIcgMw/viewform

Regrettably going to have to bow out of this for the time being due to work. Hopefully I shall rejoin the contest towards the end of the year/beginning of next. :)

I'm also struggling for time. 1 last day off before Christmas Day which is tomorrow. Working Boxing day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at the moment so not really a lot of time between now and early January. I'll submit this week over the next couple of days. No need for extensions Matt, just don't be offended if I do fail to submit a couple of times due to time of year. I'll still vote though and the show should still go on I feel. We all have different commitments at different times and I'm sure others will be struggling to find the time at different times of the year.

If I do manage to conjure something up over the next couple of weeks, don't think ill of me if it's at a random time like 4am or something!