Trip Planning 2020: Information, advice and questions!

Discussion in 'Europa-Park Trip Plans and Reports' started by AstroDan, 23rd Apr 2015.

1. themadhaggis

themadhaggis TowersStreet Member

Hi and thanks for the welcome :)

We are staying in a resort hotel so that part is ok, just wondered about the town itself but that is fine, we will just take a mix and should be fine.

We are looking forward to it

Thanks

Burbs likes this.
  2. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    I have never really had major issues paying on cards in and around Rust. There are some banks in Rust centre though, so you can always get cash out. In addition, cash machines in and around the park do not charge fees.

Tink242424 likes this.
  3. Tink242424

Tink242424 TowersStreet Member

In general when I travel to another country I do keep a small amount of money ~100 dollars/euros/whatever the local currency is for back-up. Everything else goes on my credit card. This way I always have a little something if I need to buy food or anything.

I hope that helps! Have a wonderful trip!!

4. themadhaggis

themadhaggis TowersStreet Member

Thanks for the replies.

I did a quick search and couldn’t see anything that kind of answered my question. Does anybody have recommendations for places to eat in Rust for families? We have three kids (11,11 and 8)

Thanks

5. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    In Rust itself? Pizzeria Apres Park was quite nice when I last visited (albeit in 2015), but other than that I have tended to eat in the resort hotels. All of the EP resort restaurants seem to be family friendly, though some are definitely more high-end than others (Captains Finest, Tre Kronen, Amolite). :)

themadhaggis likes this.
  6. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    Apres Park Pizzeria is solid for pizzas and drinks - good value (unsure on website)
    Adler - typical German pub/restaurant
    Ochsen - typical German pub/restaurant

However, remember you will find good value resort options too. The Pizzeria at Colosseo (La Romantica) is reasonable, and Silver Lake Saloon at the Camp Resort also has some sub €15 options.

themadhaggis and Burbs like this.
  7. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The unbuilt Liseberg dark ride
    I recommend Kaiserstuhler Hof. It's similar to the two Astro listed above and has a wide selection of German food to choose from, including a menu for children.

themadhaggis and AstroDan like this.
  8. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    I apologise for the delay in updating the pricing information in the first post. I spent 30 minutes doing so last night, only to lose it before updating.

I will therefore update in due course.

9. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    The information post at the start of this topic has today been fully updated with 2020 information. Dead links have been removed and 2020 prices have been included.

If you have any questions - please ask!

DiogoJ42 and IanB like this.
  10. IanB

IanB TowersStreet Member

Rang up the hotel and camp site earlier today to get our voucher :(

If anyone is worried, the process was very easy, and I have my vouchers to spend when we can start travelling again. Voucher is valid to Dec 2021, with a refund if its not used by then.

Gutted we cant go, but the park will still be there next year, and Piraten in Batavia should be open, and hopefully my German will be better as well.