• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Fireworks/End of Season: Sunday, 6th November 2016

So i might be able to meet you both
Woo! Not only us two, but we should be bringing our legendary ex housemate "Az" with us. :p

He says he hasn't been to towers since the 90's (though I'm sure he's been on Air), so I'm interested to see his opinions on how much has changed. I've been trying to lower his expectations... Have told him nothing about Th13teen though ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy
I was thinking about booking a meal at Rollercoaster Restaurant, possibly on the Sat evening if we're all watching the fireworks on the Sun night but not sure as I've never been to a Fireworks meet before so don't know the usual itinery or the best time for it :p

I've told you m'dear, we'll be watching the show both nights. ;) The usual plan is to eat at lunch, then just grab snacks in the evening to avoid cutting in to dark ride time / fireworks time.

I'm up for giving it a go at some point over the weekend.

Er, nope you didn't, just talked about the Sunday. ;) Hence the question. It's not like we're going back to Towers anytime soon after this, and clearly it will have to be booked in advance esp (as you said) the Saturday tends to be 'rammed' on park and there's no way it wont end up with mega queues.

Fine, book whatever you want, dear. I'll eat whenever I want then. xxxx

BBC's long-range forecast is giving likely top temperatures of 8°C on the Saturday, and likely top temperatures of 7°C on the Sunday. As is often the case with Fireworks, best to get your warm clothes ready, everyone!

BBC's long-range forecast is giving likely top temperatures of 8°C on the Saturday, and likely top temperatures of 7°C on the Sunday. As is often the case with Fireworks, best to get your warm clothes ready, everyone!
Arhhhh:(
It's been so warm too recently. Scarefest on Friday I had to take my coat off it was that warm and saw people walking about in tshirts.
Have a little hip flask handy :D

I'll be there for the official day on Sunday (I hope), should be arriving pretty early as need to sort my pass out

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

For anybody visiting the park on Saturday, for our mini meet, please arrive early.

Alton Towers are expecting a lot of guests - and it could well be the busiest day in 2 years.

As a result aim to arrive and park at the resort by 9.30am and allow extra time to complete your journey. Traffic by mid-morning is likely to be very heavy around the resort.

We are meeting at the Box Office at 10am on Saturday.

I can't wait for next weekend, if only for the joy of seeing the place busy again for the first time in ages!

Looking forward to seeing everybody again after so long, I shall be in attendance for both days of the show! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they do get 20000+ they'll really struggle, there's not enough support rides and the loss of various F&B outlets will cause problems too.

It's now looking like I should be able to attend after all and I'm hoping to be there for both days *fingers crossed*.