• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Fireworks/End of Season: Sunday, 6th November 2016

If they do get 20000+ they'll really struggle, there's not enough support rides and the loss of various F&B outlets will cause problems too.

It's now looking like I should be able to attend after all and I'm hoping to be there for both days *fingers crossed*.
They struggled on Saturday with 25000 on park. With all the closes and now Rapids loss too after dark. :( Can't imagine what it's going to be like if they hit capacity

Don't forget that capacity is calculated by the availability of open attractions as well... so the more closed rides, the bigger the loss to the total capacity.

They struggled on Saturday with 25000 on park. With all the closes and now Rapids loss too after dark. :( Can't imagine what it's going to be like if they hit capacity

There's been nowhere near 25,000 people on park any day this season!

Saturday is going to be rather fun though. Towers had a lot of issues yesteday in terms of staffing and stock levels. Queues for food and rides will be hell!

:)

There were not 25,000 on park on Saturday.

The busiest day of the year has been around 20,000.

I reckon Saturday coming will be around the same.

It is regrettable that due to the way ATR operates at the moment, the park is not able to handle such numbers.

Very much looking forward to Sunday! Should be a blast as usual.

Have fun everyone there tomorrow! :D

Yesterday's group photo, with a few people missing.

Attachments

• IMG_9289.JPG
    IMG_9289.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 37
I am sorry i missed the group on sunday. This is the downside to doing behind the scenes support on an event.

Same here, I sorry I missed the group too. I would have love to have met you all and put a face to your username. I have a wife in tow who has extensive care needs which needs my attention throughout the day, plus I wanted to get around the park before the queues lines peaked so I'm not leaving my wife too long waiting for me while I'm on the rides as she is not allowed on any of the rides due to medical reasons.

Great photo though.

Roy and Jess :)

Last edited:
what sort of "behind the scenes support" do you do, may i ask?

The clue is in Delta79 user name ;)

Quotes taken from this thread here https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/fireworks-2016.4193/page-7

Delta79 said:
Control room usually, unless a radio goes defective. Then it is where that radio user is.
However i can get on the ground, as was required last year.

Delta79 said:
Nope. some members here know that i volunteer for a large national first aid organisation, this org provides additional medical support for the fireworks.