• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS International: 27 December 2016 - 2 January 2017

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I guess this counts me out on being able to go? Sounds like a blast.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Although I would advise on you meeting up with some of us on a UK meet before committing to one of our international meets.

:)

Not necessarily. Although I would advise on you meeting up with some of us on a UK meet before committing to one of our international meets.

Are there any up coming events? I attended the Sunday one this week but only briefly because I was with friends.

Are there any up coming events? I attended the Sunday one this week but only briefly because I was with friends.
Our next official meet will be Main Season Opening next year, however there is often a Beach Party meet in January/February, or sometimes a mini meet at Blackpool if Towers don't run a Feb Half Term event. :)

Had to sign up a month before end of season.... good job me...

I will (hopefully) be attending them.

Does anyone know what the weather is likely to be like this year? Should I pack for crazy snow or is this looking like a mild German winter? (Obviously one can look up a forcast, but I'm hoping for some inside knowledge from the locals here. Bear in mind I'm the kind of guy who prefers a cold winter day to a scortching summer day).

According to the EP app it's currently 23C over there, somehow I don't think that is quite right! :p

I've seen contrasting forecasts but they all suggest it is going to be a fairly mild new year period once again with daytime temperatures between 5C and 10C. Warm enough to get on Blue Fire!

10-day forecast currently suggests highs of around 5C on towards the end of the month. Obviously it's a little guess-work at the moment, but it's currently looking colder than 2015 - but still far warmer than the negative freeze of 2014.

Epic meet was epic, guys! :D Thanks to all who organised things. I trust the group photo will be posted here in due course?

Now if someone could just help me find my memory of two nights ago, that'd be great.

Last edited:
Indeed it was a quite brilliant trip, thanks all and a big thank you to Dan for organising the tour!

Here are the group photos:

15826042_1304739442929830_1826898945402606909_n.jpg

15941079_1304739452929829_4095819921374278367_n.jpg

So there are photos from the Silvestre Party that are on my phone and I don't remember taking them... and I've been tagged in photos I don't remember being in!! Sign of a great night!!

Really enjoyed every aspect of the meet, down to the utterly freezing cold weather!!! Shame we weren't graced with Blue Fire :-( Every day was wonderful. Except New Years Day. Pretty sure I died. Twice.

Here's to the next time we all get smashed in a tent and dance madly into the small hours :)

So glad I'm not the only one with no recal of NYE whatsoever! I'm told I had a good time, and was one of the last few standing when it ended. But other than that, I know nothing. :p

What the hell was in those drinks‽

What the hell was in those drinks‽

Two simple words - Free. Pour.

What a trip though! I'm only just starting to feel human again, although still got this lurgy that really needs to go sharpish! The behind the scenes tour was great, and more interesting than I thought it would be. Although I didn't do many rides (as seems to be tradition these days!), there were plenty of drinks to be had in the bars and hotels. Thanks all for a great trip, and to Dan and Pierre for organising things!