• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS International Road Trip 2016

Found out the other day, long after giving up hope, that I actually could have got the time off for this. Sigh. Doing the Scandinavia trip and can't afford both but might try seeing if I can somehow do just the Hamburg extra bit.
Let us know what your plan is mate

Please note the 21 and 23rd August have swapped in order to considerably reduce driving times.

Please ensure you have booked your accommodation for this trip; as some hotels are starting to fill and the cheapest rates will go soon.

Come on then! What did you guys think of my new baby Taron and it's home? :D

Deadspot: The Ride.

Also loved the one train operation at the end of the day, with the other trains' wheel assemblies lying in ruins on the floor of the maintenance garage. Topping it off had to be the staff checking the wheels of the only running train after every cycle, followed by worried glances from the brake run as they visually followed the train round.

Deadspot: The Ride.

Also loved the one train operation at the end of the day, with the other trains' wheel assemblies lying in ruins on the floor of the maintenance garage. Topping it off had to be the staff checking the wheels of the only running train after every cycle, followed by worried glances from the brake run as they visually followed the train round.

Uh-oh, that doesn't sound good :eek:

It was running like a dream on 4 trains the other month with no breakdowns that I could see. I hope there's aren't more severe issue present, as we all know new Intamin's are famous for their new ride issues.

I spoke to Dan who had similar views on it, I can't quite fathom why it's viewed to have dead spots as the only one I can think of is the final trims section, other than that I found the ride to be relentless with no respite or let-up for me. I still think it's the best coaster I've ridden :D

It's some of the more elevated sections, particularly a few of the longer corners where the dead spots hit, although they are ran down a little towards the end of the day and it did feel borderlining relentless in some sections. I'll be posting a more in depth summary of my views on it in the coming days.

It has dead spots.

Compared to this (which is the same ride system):

Still, Taron is a beautiful ride, just not what I had hoped for when the project was announced.

;)