• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Mini Meet: 24.2.13

I am looking forward to this weekend, this should be lots of fun, and looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Ian

Magrathea said:
Would actually rather like to... but Sunday transport FTL so we'll have to see :)

One of the main reasons I find it hard to get sometimes and I only live down the road. Seriously if AT are dropping their transport, someone needs to run a few extra services to make up for it. Wardle's transport have been brought out by Arriva and have some really nice buses. They should probably put a few extra buses on that way.

Good/bad news - after one of those weeks at work, I've decided this is exactly what I need, so definitely up for it now, as long as someone tells me when and where to be :p

As far as transport goes, I might be able to help out for future trips - easily bribed to go a few miles out of my way (Crewe/Stoke/Uttoxeter?) for a bag of liquorice allsorts! Obviously you've got no idea who the hell I am for now, but worth keeping in mind - people who like rollercoasters tend to appreciate my driving so much more 8)

djtruefitt said:
Any idea of time/place to meet? Of course the monorail isnt running so we will have to walk or get the bus.
I was thinking about getting there for 10 in splash landings :)

djtruefitt said:
Any idea of time/place to meet?
Yeah, that... would be quite useful :p
Thought I'd aim for 10-10:30ish, and meet somewhere easy to find on Towers Street? Probably with coffee, because morning.
I'll try to think of something distinctive to wear :p

Hey, can someone message me their number for tomorrow please as I have lost all my contacts and don't fancy playing hide and seek when finding you tomorrow! :p

Can't wait! :)

EDIT: I'll be arriving at 8.30am/9am in Spalsh. You're all welcome to come join for a chat if you're there early enough! :)

Ellie said:
Hey, can someone message me their number for tomorrow please as I have lost all my contacts and don't fancy playing hide and seek when finding you tomorrow! :p
My thoughts exactly, so I'll stick mine over and if I can have someone else's that would be fab :)
I'm hoping this ends better than the first time I met a coaster group - left my bloody wallet and phone in the car (which turned round and went home), and complications ensued!
I'm less than an hour (on a Sunday!) down the road, so getting there earlier wouldn't be an issue :)

EDIT: Cheers Ellie, I'll stick you a text at 9ish or whenever I arrive. I'm bad at mornings, Sunday mornings doubly so :)

See you all tomorrow! Not too sure exactly what time I'm arriving yet but it will probably be in time for opening. Will have to see if I fancy stopping for a Starbucks at Uttox on the way! :p

:)

Marvellous, I shall see you lovely people in the morning then :)
I've got a phone number now, and should be easy enough to spot - I'll be the one in a Dream Theater hoodie and an expression of mixed fear and confusion... most likely demanding coffee!
Looking forward to it :)

Just letting you know I can't make the meet because of unforeseen circumstances. Gutted :( but what can you do?!
Hope you all have a good time, I'm even more determined to come to the next one! :)

:twirly:

Yeah, had a really good day today, was a pleasure to meet up with you guys for the first, and definitely not the last time :)
As some of you probably remember, it's a bit scary turning up to your first meet and not knowing anyone, but by the afternoon, I was already starting to feel much less like a spare part, and more like part of the furniture :) Thanks Ellie and badger ('I think you're going to fit in here, just fine!) for making meeting up easy, introductions and generally looking after me at the start of the day. Alas, it turns out I'm a bit crap with names, so I'm STILL not sure on quite a lot of you, but we'll work on that :)

It was very, very, very, very COLD - totally different weather from last Sunday, as it pretended to snow much of the day, and while that meant the park was the quietest I'd seen it in a LONG time (and it was nice to get more than one ride on Hex, Spinball and even Air for a change), it's also why I went quiet and hid in my coat at some points, particularly the final walk back to the hotel - but the temperature was moreorless the only bad point of the day, especially finding there was almost nowhere we could hide from it; even Towers Trading and the Tavern were cold as hell :(

Onto the highlights then :)
-As I said, it was very quiet, plenty of rides on everything we wanted (and then some!), and Nemesis was its usual brilliant self at the front AND the back :twirly:
-Moshi Monster wordplay; Washy monster, Butternut Squashy monster, Bish-bash-boshy monster etc. all made me laugh entirely too much
-Two Kitkats for the price of one (well, for the price of ten really, but we won't get into that!) added to the fact that I only just remembered them at the bottom of my bag :)
-The bag, for its part, proved quite useful - Formula 1 is always a good icebreaker with some people; clearly better than football, but I think I got around that one with Harry Potter and Simpsons quotes :)
-3 laps of Mine Train. Although thinking about it, that possibly wasn't a highlight!!!
-My 'I don't... actually like pizza' lunchtime awkwardness being easily solved :)
-Exploring the farm, something I've not done for a long time - as well as annoying the talking worm. I think we heard his entire repertoire of made-up words while waiting for people to meet up after lunch!
-Spinball Playground faff - started as a feeble attempt at keeping warm, but turned into hilarity. It was at that point that I decided I'd definitely found my new home - I'd love to see you guys let loose in Toverland!! TS, I've decided, is quite different from other forums I've been on this past in some ways, but let loose on a playground, moreorless exactly the same.
-EXTREMELY sweet caramel latte in Cloud Cuckoo Land; warmed me up for half an hour or so, and made sure I was more like my usual loud, animated self for the walk through Haunted Hollow
-Ellie's 'BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO ON AIR!!!' tantrum at the end of the day, and subsequent funny looks.
-Not being the only smoker (I think you're Josh, but not 100%), so feeling like much less of a social leper, and having a few good conversations at the back of the group while everyone else was being loud :)
-Defrosting in the hotel bar at the end of the day, I really enjoyed this part and not just for the warmth, it was a shame it was Sunday and we coudn't stay longer, as that was my first proper chat with quite a few people. At the risk of massaging his ego, and while I still don't agree entirely on the Efteling/Europa issues, Sam is clearly hilarious, though as I said: I've not come home TALKING like HIM. I AM GLAD ABOUT THIS :) Other people need honourable mentions at this point, but like I said, I didn't learn everyone's names!
-Not having to pay for car parking, because the barriers were up by the time I left. Heh-heh-heh :)
-For some reason the 'So, Will, I've been trying to figure it out all day, are you gay or straight?' at the end of the day amused me as well - I've never thought I'm sexually ambiguous in the slightest (especially not if we've got any pocket sized brunette members!!!) but again, it's funny to see the question still comes up in ANY coaster group :)

I may end up adding to the list, as there were too many laughs to remember all at the same time, but suffice to say, that was a much better use of my Sunday than staying in bed. Though I'm looking forward to getting back into it and warming up! So basically, thanks for having me :) As I mentioned, I sadly can't make the mid-March meet due to other commitments, but I'll definitely see you again in May for the Smiler, or maybe even a weekend before then... or maybe you're going to drag me kicking and screaming to Europa ;)

It was a nice relaxed meet today, the park was freezing, dead, boring, cold and quiet, but it was still a really nice funny day with everyone! Highlights including front row rides on Nemesis and Air, no queue for Sonic and Hex still being loud! Pizza/pasta was also very nice for dinner!

It was nice to meet our one new member WillG, I didnt really speak to you much (as im just far too shy :p) but im sure we will see you again very soon!

Now we just need opening day when everything (excluding Smiler :p) is open!

Properly wish I could've been there today but I think I would've been asleep all the way round the park...

Hope you all had a fabby day, and Will - hope they didn't scare you off! :p

WillG said:
At the risk of massaging his ego, and while I still don't agree entirely on the Efteling/Europa issues, Sam is clearly hilarious

That's my favourite bit of this post. ;)

Had a fantastic day with you all! Sorry about shooting off at the end of the day, I had a bus to catch!

See you all Opening Weekend. :)

Yes! It was a lovely day on park, but exceptionally cold to the point of realising just how little places there are to get warm on park.

Great to meet Will, and see everyone. Ellie, was great to see you also!

:D :D

AstroDan said:
Yes! It was a lovely day on park, but exceptionally cold to the point of realising just how little places there are to get warm on park.
Only just occured to me that hiding in Sealife for 20 minutes or so at lunch time might not have been a bad idea. Fish are good; better than the giant rabbit some of you were harassing anyway ;D

WillG said:
AstroDan said:
Only just occured to me that hiding in Sealife for 20 minutes or so at lunch time might not have been a bad idea. Fish are good; better than the giant rabbit some of you were harassing anyway ;D

Fish are evil! The gaint bunny is awesome!! ;)

Saying that, I have no idea why we didn't think of Sharkbait for some warmth! :p