• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Quick Questions

Re: TST Quick Questions

Don't ever thank Joel for doing things.

He thinks he's clever and breaks more stuff!!

Good results are usually fortunate accidents after a few hours of misadventure... :p earlier this evening I was close to getting in my car and driving to him, ready to dish out a beating for breaking the site!

Uch. You just can't get the staff.

Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to thank a post, or has Joel rigged it just to wind me up? Seems like the kind of thing he'd do.

DiogoJ42 said:
Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to thank a post, or has Joel rigged it just to wind me up? Seems like the kind of thing he'd do.
Yep, I'm getting that too.

There'll be a few problems with some parts of the forum whilst Joel messes about with stuff. It'll get fixed at some point :)

Unfortunately it seems that some recent updates in the forum software have caused some compatability issues with our custom made thanks system, and I've been trying to pull my hair out all evening to fix them.

With a lack of time due to impending university for deadlines and a fear of completely breaking everything as I did earlier tonight, I've had to temporarily remove the thanks button, and will look to fix it in the near future when there is less pressure from Uni (early May time hopefully!).

We're also looking to refresh the forum in May also, so it may get tied in with the changes we're planning for then also anyway :)

In the mean time, my apologies, and don't forget to reply and say thanks to people instead! :p

I almost did it again trying to thank that ^ reply.

Damn you, Joel!

I presume Joel broke the notifications by accident? They appear shortened......

The thanks system is a custom code, a forum software update stopped it working so Joel will have to tinker. Think the whole notification system was affected to some degree but I'm sure he will sort it at some point... Maybe.

I've just popped in and edited the first tag, and it seems to be working fine for me. Not sure what could be going on there. Do you want to just try changing the others and see if you still have a problem? :)

Was just going to asks where's the thanks button gone but found a few earlier posts

Thanks josht