• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TS Summer Double: 1-2 August 2015

I will be there on Saturday, looking forward to catching up with everyone, it feels like ages since the last meet :)

Ian

@AstroDan, which Drayton entrance are we meeting at, and where exactly? I recall last time I visited there were 2 entrances, 1 at either end of the park.

We usually meet at the main entrance near Thomas Land. It depends how busy the park is as to where you get parked, last year I got put in the second car park as the sent some to the main car park and some to the second. But park is small enough anyway where ever you park.

Indeed, it'll be the main entrance where all the kiosks are.

To confirm arrangements for the weekend:

Weekend schedule:

Friday, 31st July

Evening at Wetherspoons Rugeley

Saturday, 1st August
8.45am at Splash Landings or 9:05am - Meet at Alton Towers Box Office
Evening at Wetherspoons Rugeley

Sunday, 2nd August

10.00am - Meet at Drayton Manor Park entrance

Last edited:
Unless everything goes wrong I will be at Towers for 9 on Saturday. I'm not doing DMP though, once a year is enough!

No longer attending this.
Have fun! It'll be the first official meet at Towers I'll have missed. :)

Would it be possible to get someones phone number incase im late? Thanks

What time are people meeting up at Spoons tonight? I'm expecting to get to Rugeley for about 8ish, provided traffic is reasonable. Haha.

What time are people meeting up at Spoons tonight? I'm expecting to get to Rugeley for about 8ish, provided traffic is reasonable. Haha.

I am not sure how many folks will be at Wetherspoons this evening, although I hope to be there sometime later for sure with Satch, Simon and John.

Maybe 7.30/8?

:)

Bugger me for leaving it so late, but is there anyone passing through Stoke/Uttox tomorrow morning who can give a forgetful git a lift? Will be paid in anything other than sexual favours.

:)

I've had a lovely day at Drayton today - was fantastic to talk to a few people who I'd never spent much time with before. The weather was a delight and I'm very pleased with my ridecount.

Highlights
Good weather
Stand-up Poccy
Getting drenched on Stormforce 10
The Haunting
Seeing the Drunken Barrels tilt
Air Race being much better than I expected
Maelstrom
Sosche and meal at the Whittington Arms

Lowlights
G-Force
Shockwave
Staff not running rides to capacity (2/5 capacity on Apocalypse all day)
Syphilis Canyon
The Haunting

Last edited:
Had a good day at Towers yesterday (very much last minute, thanks @IanB!) but it's bugging me that I don't actually know who it was I briefly said hello to on Nemesis? :p I'm the short, shouty one..

Superb weekend! Loved Towers yesterday and Drayton today was alright. Won't say much since I'm very tired. But thanks to everyone for being awesome! Hopefully see you at fireworks :)

Had a good day at Towers yesterday (very much last minute, thanks @IanB!) but it's bugging me that I don't actually know who it was I briefly said hello to on Nemesis? :p I'm the short, shouty one..
I think that may have been me aha as I was also wondering who the person next to me on Nemesis was, Nice to meet you anyway :D

Glad I finally got to do the full duration of a summer meet at last.

Nice little weekend, even if it was slightly more on the expensive side than I would have hoped! Lovely few meals including the Rugeley 'spoons and a superb day at Thomas Land ft Drayton Manor after having not been there for five years. Some parts still as awful as I remember, and I can now live the rest of my life with the mental scarring of G Farce. I particularly enjoyed the lifelike animatronic of a man with a hose on the Rapids...

Thanks to Cheese for the room/lifts and mobius81 as well!

New for Thomas Land. Grayrigg simulator. Christ.