• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST at Liseberg: 15-17 August 2014

To all those going on this meet, you are in for a treat with Helix. The ride is superb. There is a slight rattle but I never found it to be uncomfortable or an annoyance. It is generally just a fun coaster. As a must, if you can, ride it first thing in the morning at last thing at night. It is amazing to see just how much the beast wakes up and it throws you around at amazing speed and force at night compared to early morning.

With my little review over, have a great trip everyone. :)

Meeting arrangements:

11.30am tomorrow (Friday) morning outside the park gates.

We will then sort out ticketing arrangements.

See you all tomorrow! Myself, John, Matt and Dan are just leaving Fårup Sommerland for the ferry to Gothenburg.

:)

This was such a last minute meet for me, from purchasing the appropriate tickets and such, to getting organised and packing. Nonetheless, it's been yet another unforgettable abroad meet.

A huge thanks to Dan is unquestionably in order as well as Michael for organising our free admission, Helix ERT and the delightful bunny ears. And of course, a huge thank you to everyone who attended and made this meet throughly enjoyable as always! (And Vicky and Al for tolerating me as a roomie).

Highlights:

Witnessing a Swedish woman attempt to get Al drunk on the flight to Gothenburg.

Gothenburg itself being such a beautiful city, particularly the train and bus station.

The Great British scare maze of the John Scott.

Gothia Towers exceeding expectations in every aspect.

The hilarious tram journey to Gothia Towers.

Indulging in Swedish culture by dining at Hard Rock...

Michael's bow tie.

Michael's umbrella.

The hospitality from Liseberg.

The friendliness of the staff upon discovering on numerous occasions we were English enthusiasts.

The Helix staff being keen to find out how we felt after our first ride.

Helix.

Helix.

Helix.

Helix front row at night. Astonishing.

Room sosches. "I'm cumming". "I've never had it in the back before". "Wow".

Lisebergbanan being such a joyous little coaster.

Braving my fear of drop towers with Vicky to discover the gorgeous views of Gothenburg at night from AtmosFear.

Cheese breaking SpinRock and the hilarious face of the ride op as a result.

Getting an extra half day on park thanks to our VIP wristbands.

Hotel Gaston exceeding expectations and being an astounding scare attraction.

Laughing at Kanonen and it's miserable launch.

Lowlights:

Balder being fairly disappointing,

Kanonen.

Not riding AtmosFear in the day.

Gothenburg Farm airport.

I'll have a trip report and the group photo up in due course. See you all at Scarefest :)

Group photos taken by Mr Bow Tie himself on my camera and for those who I don't have on Facebook:

10577047_10152408639254387_5501456691709935441_n.jpg

10609506_10152408640279387_2189824034326540135_n.jpg